PDA

View Full Version : Best hair complement ever.

Nadine <3
July 16th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Today I wore my hair down when I went to the pet store. There was a mom with a group of little girls between the ages of 5-8 and one of them turns around and goes "Hey, you look like Ariel! Are you a mermaid princess?" And then she ran to give me a hug. And then the other 4 wanted hugs from Ariel and I died a little inside.

If you ever need to feel good about your hair, wear it down by a bunch of little kids. lol

lapis_lazuli
July 16th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Aw! :crush: That's so cute! My young cousins have warmed up to my hair over time, they've called me a princess and always want to stick their little hands in it :p Kids are great!

littlestarface
July 16th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Little girls are the best for compliments aint they lol I love being called princess jasmine ^_^

papayatree
July 16th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Kids are so fun! You never know what they're gonna say.

Nadine <3
July 16th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Aw! :crush: That's so cute! My young cousins have warmed up to my hair over time, they've called me a princess and always want to stick their little hands in it :p Kids are great!

Haha, that is so cute!!

Little girls are the best for compliments aint they lol I love being called princess jasmine ^_^

Jasmine is such a complement! Her hair is as thick as a tree trunk lol

Nadine <3
July 16th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Kids are so fun! You never know what they're gonna say.

It is always a surprise haha I loved being a camp counselor, the kids always said the funniest things lol

Lucy Elizabeth
July 16th, 2016, 03:24 PM
They're so sweet!

I had my hair in a braid at work and this little girl (3) started pulling at her mom's shirt and whispers "mommy...she has hair like Elsa."

lapushka
July 16th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Aw that is such a cute story! Nadine, that's lovely! :D

turtlelover
July 16th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Very cute story!

The last time when my hair was long, I dramatically cut it, and it freaked out one of my little students (I am a teacher) and he told his mom he didn't want me to be his teacher anymore till my hair grew back! That made me sad! I think I really traumatized him! I was kind of the same way when I was young. In kindergarten, I had a teacher w/ really long hair, and my teacher told us she wanted to get her hair cut, and I didn't want to go to school the next day to see the "carnage"!!!

Ophidian
July 16th, 2016, 03:46 PM
That is so sweet Nadine :love:

yogagirl
July 16th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Awww adorable!! I bet that was a lovely pick me up :)

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
July 16th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Aww, how sweet! :heartbeat
My 5 year old always tells me he likes my "Jedi ponytail". (Jedi ponytail= any braid) LOL

Theophany
July 16th, 2016, 05:35 PM
I was thinking about cutting my hair because I felt so down & drab about a few personal things so for some reason a haircut/new style always seems to be what I resort to & then regret it. I had talked about it with my coworker a few days before, & I always wear my hair up at work because I sweat. Anyways I took my hair down at the breakroom table & my coworker gasped & said "OMG you have mermaid hair! Don't cut it!!!" I smiled so big & felt proud of my hair for the first time in a while. Lol :toast:

AZDesertRose
July 16th, 2016, 06:20 PM
What a cute story, Nadine!

It's funny how kids notice that sort of thing. One of my earliest memories is of my preschool teacher; she was a Navajo woman (my family lived in northern Arizona at the time) and she had long, thick, beautiful blue-black hair. I couldn't tell you anymore what her face looked like (this would have been about 1979, so a while ago), but I remember her gorgeous hair. I also recall her hair smelled really nice. :D

Now I hope I said something nice to her about it.

meteor
July 16th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Awww, that's adorable! :D What a great story, Nadine! :D Little girls often give the nicest compliments on princess hair! :D

pailin
July 16th, 2016, 11:34 PM
That's wonderful, Nadine!

Johannah
July 17th, 2016, 02:41 AM
Aww, that's so sweat! :happydance: It sure gives some motivation to keep growing as well!

mermaid lullaby
July 17th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Aw! :crush:

hairlover29
September 9th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Little kids are great at complimenting you but old people are even better! Over the summer I went to Poland to visit family. While I was there I went to the nursing home where my great grandmother lives. My great grandma shares a room with 2 other ladies and one of them absolutely loved my hair. She kept saying how long it was and when/how it possibly got this long. She even pointed it out to her other friends and a nurse. This made my so happy especially since at the time I didn't feel like my hair was long and this reassured me that people do think it's long and it gets people's attention. This event literally made my vacation!

Sarahlabyrinth
September 9th, 2017, 08:56 PM
That's so sweet, Nadine! :)

browneyedsusan
September 10th, 2017, 11:20 AM
That is SO sweet!

NV
September 11th, 2017, 01:21 PM
This makes me smile :) It's so adorable