PDA

View Full Version : Best hair gel to scrunch hair?

dansyl
July 16th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Anyone have a favorite gel they use on their curly or wavy hair? I need something to help with the frizz that doesn't flake and turn white in my hair. (I only wash once a week)

ephemeri
July 16th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Personally I'm a big fan of LA Looks Mega Mega Hold or their blue sports one. It's cheap, it holds really well, and I haven't had a problem with flakes. I've also tried Eco Styler Olive Oil gel which is also affordable and didn't give me flakes but it's much thicker and it didn't give me as good of a hold.

I've also heard good things about Aussie Instant Freeze and Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel but I haven't used either of those.

If you want to go the more expensive route, DevaCurl gels are fantastic. I loved Arc AnGEL and the Ultra Defining Gel. :D

Stormynights
July 16th, 2016, 02:00 PM
I have used a lot of different kinds of gel and I believe the absolute best is Paul Mitchell. It holds but never gets sticky or flake. You don't have to shampoo it out to restyle you can just brush it and restyle it. There are different types but they all do the same thing and it is water soluble. The generic is not the same as the real products.

Stormynights
July 16th, 2016, 02:02 PM
You can only be sure you get real products if you buy them from a salon. I know this for a fact.

dansyl
July 16th, 2016, 02:13 PM
You can only be sure you get real products if you buy them from a salon. I know this for a fact.

I'm not sure what you mean by "real products". Do you mean salon quality?

Ana H.
July 16th, 2016, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "real products". Do you mean salon quality?

I think she’s talking specifically about the Paul Mitchell brand. That if you buy them elsewhere or online you can’t be 100% sure it’s the real thing.

dansyl
July 16th, 2016, 03:05 PM
I think she’s talking specifically about the Paul Mitchell brand. That if you buy them elsewhere you can’t be 100% sure it’s the real thing.

Ohhhh ok that makes more sense than what I was thinking lol.

Ana H.
July 16th, 2016, 03:06 PM
haha...:)

(message too short)

lapushka
July 16th, 2016, 03:09 PM
My favorite so far is the Eco Styler olive oil version. I recently bought the argan oil version as well, but have yet to try it.

I had the "old" LA Looks "Curl" gel (had 8 hold and was blue). I don't think they sell it anymore, that's how far I can stretch a bottle. LOL! This Sunday I will be using the last bit of it. I have already cut the bottle open to get the very last bit out. Yay! :cheer:

TheBalance
July 16th, 2016, 04:00 PM
I have used the Aussie instant freeze for a couple of years now and it's the only one I've found that does the trick for me. I get good hold, very little frizz and soft waves.