PDA

View Full Version : What Hair Type do I Have?

draysmir
July 14th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Hello friends, I am new to the website and I have tried my best to label the type of hair I have, but I am still not really sure what mine would be. My ponytail thickness measures about 3 inches so I reckon I have ii correct, but I'm not sure if my hair is 1c or not like I have labelled. Is it 1b, 1c, 1c/2a? Also, is BSL what my hair length is? I've found so far that some people consider BSL and MBL the same length, but other people consider it different, so I'm not sure which one it would be! The first picture is my hair almost dry, uncombed, and the second picture is my hair fully dried and combed through. If anyone has similar hair to mine, what hair type do you classify yours as? Thanks for anyone that replies! :D:p

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/draysmir/IMG_20160714_110331_zpskelrpc7f.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/draysmir/media/IMG_20160714_110331_zpskelrpc7f.jpg.html)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/draysmir/IMG_20160714_152100_zpsvqmjshor.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/draysmir/media/IMG_20160714_152100_zpsvqmjshor.jpg.html)

pailin
July 14th, 2016, 10:16 PM
I think 2a, you have loose waves throughout. Normally hair typing is based on your hair with no manipulation, and it's typical to have less wave after combing, so the first picture is the one to use.
For BSL and midback, I think you can go with what you like, they're used pretty loosely. Some people call BSL at the top of the strap, others at the bottom, and different people's bra straps sit in different places. You could probably call it either at this point.

Anje
July 14th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Kinda blurry, but I'd guess you're 2a. Your hair definitely comes across as wavy, not as straight hair with some errant waves.

kuroi
July 14th, 2016, 10:32 PM
I agree it looks like 2a and I think it's a little bit further then your bra strap so I'd call it midback. I consider everything between bsl and waist midback. Beautiful color btw :)

draysmir
July 14th, 2016, 10:40 PM
Ok, 2a seems to make sense now, thanks! When my hair is APL and above its just rather "flicky" and not wavy at all really, so I guess I haven't really noticed the waves since it's grown to BSL. The longer my hair gets, the more loose waves I tend to see. When my hair was shorter and "flicky" but no real waves, would it still be considered 2a? Can your hair type change depending on the length, or do you always just label it the same?

Also, BSL looks pretty much the same as midback on me, so I think I will go with that. :) Thanks!

pailin
July 14th, 2016, 10:45 PM
I think it's often hard to get a clear idea of your hairtype above apl or so. It's still the same, except length makes a difference in how it behaves.

draysmir
July 14th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Awh, thank you! My hair actually sits on/at the bottom of my bra band so I think it would be "BSL", but my bra band sits lower than it does on a lot of other people so it is probably longer. I'm not sure if I would consider it midback length then because you consider it between BSL and WL? It will definitely be midback by the end of the summer if it isn't already though :)

draysmir
July 14th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Ok that makes sense pailin, thank you!

diddiedaisy
July 15th, 2016, 01:19 AM
It looks like brushed out 2a to me as well. Your length looks mbl. :)

pailin
July 15th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Ok that makes sense pailin, thank you!

You're welcome. I have the same situation with my bands sitting pretty low, and I ignored the 'midback' milestone and called mine BSL until I got to waist. It's more meaningful if you're someone for whom BSL is higher. I really think you already are midback- your next real milestone is waist.

lapushka
July 15th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Looks to be 2a.

draysmir
July 15th, 2016, 03:34 PM
It looks like brushed out 2a to me as well. Your length looks mbl. :)

Ok, everyone says its probably a 2a so I'll change it to that soon thanks :)

You're welcome. I have the same situation with my bands sitting pretty low, and I ignored the 'midback' milestone and called mine BSL until I got to waist. It's more meaningful if you're someone for whom BSL is higher. I really think you already are midback- your next real milestone is waist.

I'll officially consider myself midback length then, woo! I'm hoping to be near waist length (stretched, probably 1 or 2 more if my hair is sitting naturally) by the end of the year, but I think I need around 3 more inches so I'll just have to wait and see. :)

turtlelover
July 15th, 2016, 07:16 PM
I would say 2A.