PDA

View Full Version : Hello... I'm back! Here's a small update...

Johannah
July 14th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Hello everybody! Do you still remember me? :rolleyes: I haven't been on this forum for +/- 6 months now because of health problems... Everything is getting better now, so I thought I'd give an update!

I CUT MY HAIR!!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23891&d=1468512491

Just kidding! I'm sorry, I couldn't resist :lol: For those who don't remember this: these are a part of my bangs, I grew them out 1.5 years ago and it's a bit of a pain, to say the least. Here's a comparison (2015-2016, one year of difference):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18261&d=1438112543
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23892&d=1468512492

As for the rest, I didn't do much last couple of months. I've been pretty sick so my hair wasn't my number 1 priority to be honest. I did maintain though, as I planned (at 36"). I cut my hair in a deeper U-hem so my bangs will catch up faster and it won't look so weird :lol: I *hated* my hemline before because it was really thin (grown-out layers...) but maintaining *definitely* helped!! This is how my hair looks now, I'm pretty happy with it!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23889&d=1468512434
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23890&d=1468512435

Here's a one-year comparison (my hair did obviously grow in 2015!)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23893&d=1468512503

So... How are you all doing? What did I miss?? :flower:

Groovy Granny
July 14th, 2016, 10:53 AM
LOL you took my breath away thinking you had cut it :o

It looks AMAZING :thud:

So sorry to hear you were sick :(
I hope it was not serious and that you have fully recovered :pray: :flowers:

pastina
July 14th, 2016, 11:02 AM
Hey, welcome back!

....I can't see your pictures, though! What am I doin' wrong?

samanthaa
July 14th, 2016, 11:08 AM
^ me either!

Johannah
July 14th, 2016, 11:13 AM
LOL you took my breath away thinking you had cut it :o

It looks AMAZING :thud:

So sorry to hear you were sick :(
I hope it was not serious and that you have fully recovered :pray: :flowers:

Thank you!! :blossom:

I've had problems with my breathing. Not sure if you remember, but I took *a lot* of medication for it (asthma). But apparently the doctors made a mistake and there was a *way* bigger problem. I did breathing therapy and everything is back okay, I'm detoxing right now because I'm quitting with taking the meds. One of them was even on the black list in America, I was so shocked when I found out about that. I quit using them 2 weeks ago and now my body is detoxing like crazy... Anyhow, my health is soooo much better now my breathing is back to normal! It's amazing!!

Johannah
July 14th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Hey, welcome back!

....I can't see your pictures, though! What am I doin' wrong?

^ me either!

You should be able to see them now, right?

pastina
July 14th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Yes, and OMG it's fabulous! Glad to hear you're feeling better, too-- what a scary thing to go through!!

brickworld13
July 14th, 2016, 11:17 AM
:waving: Nice to see you again. Glad your health issues are improving.

Groovy Granny
July 14th, 2016, 11:23 AM

I've had problems with my breathing. Not sure if you remember, but I took *a lot* of medication for it (asthma). But apparently the doctors made a mistake and there was a *way* bigger problem. I did breathing therapy and everything is back okay, I'm detoxing right now because I'm quitting with taking the meds. One of them was even on the black list in America, I was so shocked when I found out about that. I quit using them 2 weeks ago and now my body is detoxing like crazy... Anyhow, my health is soooo much better now my breathing is back to normal! It's amazing!!

Oh no!
I feel for you because I went through a similar thing in '99 (((Hugs)))
No fun,but you'll get there :thumbsup:
So happy you are feeling better!!

samanthaa
July 14th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Oh, wow, your hair is so pretty--long and thick!

lapushka
July 14th, 2016, 02:56 PM
For a second I thought, NO, not another I-cut-my-hair-off thread. ;) You had me going there. :lol: It looks great. Sometimes it really thrives when you can leave it alone for a while, and it obviously did! Gorgeous! :D

Pinni
July 14th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Welcome back. Sorry to hear you had health issues. Your hair is so beautiful and long!

Sofialu
July 14th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Wow did your hair grow!!!!! It looks so much thicker, glad to hear you are feeling better and back to the site :blossom:

lapis_lazuli
July 14th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Welcome back, I'm glad you are doing better now! :flowers: Your hair is thud-worthy :thud:

Zebra Fish
July 14th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Welcome back! ;D Was checking your profile just few days ago :p Glad to hear you are better. And you got me on the hair cutting for a moment xD You had such an amazing growth! :)

meteor
July 14th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Yay, so happy to see you are back on the boards, Johannah! :joy: Your hair looks lovely - so soft and shiny! :crush: :applause
I'm so happy to hear your health is getting better! :happydance:

WannabeViking
July 14th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Looks like benign neglect works for you! :)

Wildcat Diva
July 14th, 2016, 06:53 PM
That's what your hair looks like after health issues?

I am sorry to hear you had health problems. Obviously your long hair didn't get the memo and decidedly to stubbornly grow in beautifully during the past several months.

Welcome back!

littlestarface
July 14th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Looool you had me thinking oh no not another one :laugh: Your hair is so pretty!

Stormynights
July 14th, 2016, 08:48 PM
I missed you. Your hair is beautiful

school of fish
July 14th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Wow, maintaining is SO working for you!!! Looks just amazing :D

I'm growing out a section of bangs too and they're right about the same place as yours, and I'm still maintaining at 36/37" through this year... we're like growth strategy hair twins, haha!!

Keep on keeping on - it's working for you!!!

browneyedsusan
July 15th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Welcome back!
I'm glad you're feeling better, and your hair is looking amazing! :thumbsup:

Mirabele
July 15th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Awesome!! That was a lot of beautiful hair! What a great progress!! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the photos!

pailin
July 15th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Good to see you back again! I'm glad to hear your health is finally improving.

nakima
July 15th, 2016, 11:55 AM
very nice! and welcome back :)

Estrid
July 15th, 2016, 12:05 PM
I wondered where you had gone! Glad to see you back!

Frankenstein
July 15th, 2016, 12:23 PM
I so love your hair, it looks so soft :)

Johannah
July 15th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Yes, and OMG it's fabulous! Glad to hear you're feeling better, too-- what a scary thing to go through!!

Thank you so much! :flower:

:waving: Nice to see you again. Glad your health issues are improving.
Glad to be back! :D

Oh no!
I feel for you because I went through a similar thing in '99 (((Hugs)))
No fun,but you'll get there :thumbsup:
So happy you are feeling better!!
Well, in the end I will feel better than I've ever done before! I can exercise now for the first time in my life without the feeling of passing out because of my breathing! Wonderful!!

Oh, wow, your hair is so pretty--long and thick!

For a second I thought, NO, not another I-cut-my-hair-off thread. ;) You had me going there. :lol: It looks great. Sometimes it really thrives when you can leave it alone for a while, and it obviously did! Gorgeous!
My bangs are at this amazing length for jokes, I couldn't resist :lol: I had some real life friends going there as well, they thought I went crazy, haha! :lol:

Welcome back. Sorry to hear you had health issues. Your hair is so beautiful and long!
Thank you! :blossom:

Johannah
July 15th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Wow did your hair grow!!!!! It looks so much thicker, glad to hear you are feeling better and back to the site
Funny thing is, I've never cut so much length than last year! Thank you!

Welcome back, I'm glad you are doing better now! :flowers: Your hair is thud-worthy :thud:
Thanks!! :blossom:

Welcome back! ;D Was checking your profile just few days ago Glad to hear you are better. And you got me on the hair cutting for a moment xD You had such an amazing growth!
I've been thinking about you! Every single day actually, because of the comb! Ha!

Yay, so happy to see you are back on the boards, Johannah! :joy: Your hair looks lovely - so soft and shiny! :crush: :applause
I'm so happy to hear your health is getting better! :happydance:
Meteor! How are you doing? Thank you so much!

Looks like benign neglect works for you! :)
Definitely! Thank you!

That's what your hair looks like after health issues?

I am sorry to hear you had health problems. Obviously your long hair didn't get the memo and decidedly to stubbornly grow in beautifully during the past several months.

Welcome back!
Well, guess I'm lucky :lol: From now on things can only get better :)

Johannah
July 15th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Looool you had me thinking oh no not another one Your hair is so pretty!
Haha, woops :lol: Thank you!

I missed you. Your hair is beautiful
Stormy! How are you doing?? (you can pm me if you like that better)

Wow, maintaining is SO working for you!!! Looks just amazing

I'm growing out a section of bangs too and they're right about the same place as yours, and I'm still maintaining at 36/37" through this year... we're like growth strategy hair twins, haha!!

Keep on keeping on - it's working for you!!!
We'll support each other! :lol: Thank you!! :blossom:

Welcome back!
I'm glad you're feeling better, and your hair is looking amazing! :thumbsup:
Thanks! :flower:

Awesome!! That was a lot of beautiful hair! What a great progress!! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the photos!
Thank you!! :flower:

Good to see you back again! I'm glad to hear your health is finally improving.
So I'm I! :D

very nice! and welcome back
Thank you! :blossom:

I wondered where you had gone! Glad to see you back!
Thank you, glad to be back :)

I so love your hair, it looks so soft

KittyBird
July 15th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Glad to see you here again! You fooled me with the first pic - for a moment I thought you'd chopped your hair off! :lol:
It looks like you've had some amazing growth this year, your hair looks so long and gorgeous!

MsPharaohMoan
July 15th, 2016, 07:36 PM
I gasped :rollin: You're tricksy! Been missing your inspirational quotes ;)

Mimha
July 16th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Johanna !! :joy: So nice to see you back !!! :D :D ... and to know you are doing better !... :flower:

Wow, you tricked me too ! I couldn't help thinking "noooo, she cannot have cut off her magnificent mane !! :'("
ha ha ha, what a relief when I saw your full length pictures ! :) :) :) Your hair is so beautiful and healthy looking !... And has such a beautiful shade of glorious fair golden blond ! :)

Johannah
July 16th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Glad to see you here again! You fooled me with the first pic - for a moment I thought you'd chopped your hair off! :lol:
It looks like you've had some amazing growth this year, your hair looks so long and gorgeous!
Thank you so much!! :flower:

I gasped :rollin: You're tricksy! Been missing your inspirational quotes ;)

Haha! I can say now I've put the quote in practice ;) Never thought my hair would look like this, ever! Still some work to do, but I'm definitely happy!

Johanna !! So nice to see you back !!!... and to know you are doing better !... :flower:

Wow, you tricked me too ! I couldn't help thinking "noooo, she cannot have cut off her magnificent mane !! :'("
ha ha ha, what a relief when I saw your full length pictures ! :) :) Your hair is so beautiful and healthy looking !... And has such a beautiful shade of glorious fair golden blond ! :)

Thank you so much!! :blossom:

papayatree
July 16th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Welcome back! I'm newer here and I have to say your hair is beautiful!

Johannah
July 16th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Welcome back! I'm newer here and I have to say your hair is beautiful!

Thank you! And welcome to the forum, even though you're here for quite some months now ;)