PDA

View Full Version : help plz

whitesunshine34
July 12th, 2016, 03:29 PM
I am looking to start the inversion method soon maybe next week or next month. I have been interested in starting this method about 3 years ago but my parents was not happy about the idea of me putting olive oil in my hair and leaving it on for 2 hours. I did off and on research about this method and watched videos of others people doing this method but the only things i got out of it was that their methods were different than the method i originally heard of which was:

Heat up Olive oil
Massage in Hair
Lay your head upside down for 4 minutes
Leave oil in for two hours
Wash out oil

Is this method correct or is there something i am missing, i also know that you can use any other oil. The only oil that I found in my house was Castor oil, would it be great with this method or do I need to buy olive or Coconut oil?

lapushka
July 12th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Why would you want to leave the olive oil in for 2H?

Watch out for oil on the scalp, because some people don't tolerate oil or conditioner on the scalp well and it might cause excess shedding. So be on the lookout for that issue.

cailinbee
July 12th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Inversion for any purpose (inversion method, styling my hair on top of my head, or just brief upside-down scalp massages) always gave me bad headaches. Please do be careful with it! I worry about it being quite unhealthy with no particular scientific justification that blood flow for hair growth needs to be achieved by pooling it in the head upside-down. Scalp massages can achieve the same thing!

Edit: Please don't think I'm trying to be critical -- I suppose for some it will work with no ill effects -- I'm just a worrier!

truepeacenik
July 12th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Oil isn't necessary.
I oil, and I have inverted

They aren't connected.

dansyl
July 12th, 2016, 07:49 PM
I agree that oil is not necessary. I did the inversion method without oil and it worked. I didn't get any crazy growth but I did get almost 1/2 inch in a week.

Ophidian
July 12th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Oil works great for me, but like lapushka said, some people have issues with it. No harm in trying, just make sure you pay attention to how your hair and scalp react to it (I think that's true anytime you try something new :)).

I love scalp massage, and have noticed a lot of new growth since I started doing it three months ago. But I don't spend a whole lot of time upside down. I'm sure others will have more specific info about the inversion method.

whitesunshine34
July 14th, 2016, 06:48 PM
ok so is it ok to leave it on for 2 hours after raising your head up or do you leave any oil on for 4 minutes and wash it out?

vega
July 14th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Inversion challenge did nothing for me ,only gave me migraines

draysmir
July 14th, 2016, 11:12 PM
On most videos I have seen, people have left the oil on for a while. I've seen people also use coconut oil for the inversion method. I think the actual stimulation of the blood flow, rather than the oil really, is supposed to make your hair grow faster. I've tried it before (not for very long) right before I was going to wash my hair, because I figured the natural oils can probably do just as much good as the other oils they tell you to use. I, personally, did not really notice a difference, but I didn't do it for very long. I'm prone to getting lightheaded easily, so it wasn't really worth it for me anyway! Maybe try it without the oil, then with the oil for a while and report back your results? :)