PDA

View Full Version : What kind of hemline do you like the best?

paper
October 18th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I like blunt ends the best.

ETA: I think all hemlines are beautiful. My favorites are in this order....

Blunt
U
V
Farytale

AJoifulNoise
October 18th, 2008, 08:37 AM
On others it depends on the person and what looks good on them. Some look fantastic with fairytale ends. Some look great with a blunt cut.

On me, I like a gentle U shape. I tried fairytales. Didn't really like it all that much. And blunt looks harsh. So, I like something in between.

rhubarbarin
October 18th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I generally like them in this order: U, V, fairytail, blunt. Of course I've seen beautiful hair with all kinds of ends, but blunt looks usually looks too blocky for my taste, and fairytale and Vs (while I really like them on curly hair) can make your hair look a lot thinner, so Us are my favorite. I want a U-hem for myself - right now it's more of a V.

Sherri
October 18th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I like fairytale on longer than classic hair and anything above waist I like U and V if it's not real deep.

BlackfootHair
October 18th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I like a very slight u shape. Nothing too dramatic. Blunt can look nice too if it doesn't look like a box. These are just my opinions though. :)

bunnii
October 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM
On me I prefer a U shape, but other look good with different types, I really envy those who can pull off fairytale ends on me it looks really bad. Blunt hemline doesn't look good on me at all.

Angellen
October 18th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I'm a V hemline girl, through and through. Us and blunt tends to look too...well, blunt. ;) So I guess V, fairytail (which, I'll be honest, I prefer on curlies), U, blunt. That said, I like blunt cuts on bobs, but longer lengths I think the V looks more natural and on me, more sensual than a U. I prefer a medium to soft/slight V (maybe 4 inches) to a sharp one.

Magdalene
October 18th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I strongly prefer blunt on straight or mostly straight hair, though a softer hemline looks good on curlies...

joyfulmom4
October 18th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I like blunt or a very gentle U shape. Fairytale ends too often look scraggly. If the hair is very healthy and well-kept, then they look pretty though. V shapes are not my favorite unless they're a natural V, which usually looks more gentle or fairytale like.

ChatoyantLocks
October 18th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I prefer fairytale ends. When I see long hair with hemlines with a distinct edge to them, especially if it is a blunt cut, it looks "chopped" to me, and my brain automatically fills in the "missing" portion that should be below. It's distracting.

Arctic
October 18th, 2008, 12:02 PM
If we are talking about long hair, I find V shape the most pleasing to my eye, I'm not sure if it will work for my own hair though as it's not very thick (I feel V needs some thickness to work). U is the second best look in my opinion and might be better choise for my own hair when it's longer. I like both deep and shallow Vs and Us.

I also love moderately fairytaleing ends, but only if they start around midback to waist length and are not in bad condition. In general, IMO, they look best on wavy and curly hair, so I don't know how they would work for my own hair when it's long enough... I guess I need to try :)

Like others have said, straight, blunt ends looks, for me, like there is something missing, and often boxy.

I must say though, that I have seen beautiful hair with every kind of hemlines here, for some people the straight, blunt cut seems perfect.

Now on shorter lengths my prefered hemline is different, for example I like straigh or slight U from shoulder to BSL-ish. And on bob a straight or a cut where the nape is shorter than sides/front.

Hmm, so I don't know what to vote? :laugh:

SweetPea88
October 18th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I prefer a blunt hemline or a very gentle U shape. I have layers right now and I'm working on a blunt hemline, which I've never seen on myself. If this looks too severe I'll definitely opt for a slight U.

RocketDog
October 18th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I like fairytale and V the best, at least on hair like mine. Blunt ends on curly hair just don't look 'right' to me. I like a U or gentle V on straighter hair though.

MadHatter
October 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I had a U-shaped hemline and liked it well enough, but decided to go for blunt. As others have said, it did look rather boxy to me at first. But I've become used to it, and now I really like it. I think blunt probably looks less severe on hair that is longer (waist+).
That said, I find all of the hemlines beautiful.

burns_erin
October 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I like blunt the best on me, so that is how I answered it. But, on curly headed people I think fairy tail ends look the best.

lyria
October 18th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I think I like Us and Vs best on longer hair. I hate to sound like the newbie that I am, but what are "fairytale ends?":rolleyes:

MadHatter
October 18th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Fairytale ends are what you get when you cease trimming and let your hair take on a completely natural hemline. They look wispy and ethereal. Very beautiful.

Vitalai
October 18th, 2008, 02:24 PM
When my hair is longer, I'm going to cut my hair into a V-shape. When I had a few inches longer than BSL length hair, a blunt hemline didn't suit my face at all. I think and hope that a V-shaped hemline will suit me better.

I also adore fairytale ends!

lyria
October 18th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks Mad Hatter! then yes, I like fairytale ends as well!

Melisande
October 18th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I used to have a blunt hemline and didn't like it. I was glad to discover the U-shaped hemline and like it best for myself. On others, blunt, V and fairytales look very good, it really depends on the hair, the length, and the body shape of a person. For me, the U is most flattering, I feel.

Nightshade
October 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM
On others it depends on the person and what looks good on them. Some look fantastic with fairytale ends. Some look great with a blunt cut.

On me, I like a gentle U shape. I tried fairytales. Didn't really like it all that much. And blunt looks harsh. So, I like something in between.

What she said :D

Fireweed
October 18th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Blunt for now because that is what I have.

RedElephant
October 19th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I love a v hemline on curly hair. It looks so pretty. For straight hair I like a blunt or an U hemline.

Isblå
October 25th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I think different hair and different persons suit different hemlines. For my self, I am still undecided. I don't think I can pull off the blunt hemline though. With my waves the ends tend to look strange and poofy with a blunt cut. I think I will go for some kind of V shape, maybe with a rounded tip. Fairytale can be really pretty too, especially with ringlets and I really think that a blunt cut can be absolutely gorgeus on straight hair.

spidermom
October 25th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I think the U shape looks best. I used to like the blunt, straight-across look but find I dislike it a lot now, also the V. Fairy-tale ends can be nice on one person and awful on another.

freznow
October 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I concur with the general consensus: different people, different hair, different hemline.

For me... I'm liking fairytale. Mostly because it requires the least upkeep :D I've been contemplating trimming, though, to get rid of my crunchy ends, but I don't really want to lose my hemline. It's not that I'm particularly attached to it, but I don't want to mess things up horribly (never have trimmed myself before). I'd probably try for a U shape...

julya
October 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I don't really have a preference when it comes to hemlines, they can all be beautiful.

Gladtobemom
October 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I have very wavy hair, it looks best when I let it just go to it's natural shape.

I had Fairytale ends before, and I'm not trimming anymore since all the chemical dye is gone.

Speckla
October 25th, 2008, 05:20 PM
V-line on me
________
EXTREME Q (http://extremevaporizer.info)

Cantabile
October 25th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Fairytale ends tend to go a little stringy-looking on my hair, so I prefer to give it a trim about every year to get a gentle U-shape. :thumbsup:

Krifantasy
October 25th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I really like fairytale, although mine is V. I haven't really thought about U or blunt as it looks terrible on me, but I think they both look really good on straight hair.

Anje
October 26th, 2008, 08:03 PM
My preferences vary with hairtype and length, I think. I like deep Vs and fairytale ends much more on very wavy and curly hairtypes than in straight hair for some reason. I think I like blunt cuts more as hair descends past classic, and like U cuts a lot in the waist range.

So, I guess that means I just like them all. I haven't decided what I like on me best yet, except that I don't think fairytales will work.

VanillaTresses
October 26th, 2008, 10:56 PM
I like Fairytale ends the best, even though I am not sure my hair will ever "grow up" to be that way! They just look so natural and whispy!

MermaidGirl
October 26th, 2008, 11:43 PM
It totally depends on the type of hair (straight/wavy, thickness) and length. I have fine, BSL hair that is a (ii) thickness, and I cannot have anything too tapered or my hair looks thin and shredded or ratty, so for me blunt is best. I also prefer blunt on people with my type/length of hair, though a shallow U is also nice.

I think fairytale ends are lovely on long (waist or longer), healthy wavy or curly hair only, otherwise to me they look shredded or ratty, especially on straight hair; I could never wear fairytale ends as I'd just want to cut them off. I don't like Vs much on straight or wavy hair as they read too much like layers to me, but I think they look good on curly hair. To me, they most universally flattering hemline is a U; just about any hair type/length/thickness can wear it and it looks lovely.

Robbi Dehlinger
October 27th, 2008, 04:41 AM
I think it depends on the length, but I have always thought that very long hair with the blunt cut was LOVELY!

Monsterkitti
October 27th, 2008, 04:57 AM
I really like the idea of a blunt cut on myself and it would probably be my favourite hemline but really depends on the hair, fairytale ends can look amazing but dont think they would suite me.

MischiefsMuse
October 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I think my mom 'warped' my mind to think that fairy tale ends just mean unhealthy hair. Logically, I know that's not true at all but I just feel like my hair looks so much more full when it's got a nice U shaped hemline. Not so abrupt as the straight across and not so thin as an exaggerated V.

NeilTheFuzz
October 28th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I always really liked the V shaped hem. Unfortunatley, with my hair being as BIG as it is, I don't think a V would look very good. Mines closer to a natural U shape.

intothemist1999
October 28th, 2008, 05:39 PM
To look at: V or fairytale

ON me: blunt :D

truepeacenik
October 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
any beyond knee! :D

When I had hair that I kept at mid back, I always liked getting blunt because it looked "cared for" to me (meaning, I bothered to do something) longer .
If my ends were that thick still, I'd be all blunt all the time (and not just in my posting).

Heidi inspired me to pick a length, trim and thicken the ends through time.
Wish my spot could be my ankles, right now, but I'm holding on for mid thigh.
I keep thinking about back to tailbone and continue growing, but I just can't.

Periwinkle
October 29th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Blunt is my favourite. I don't like V- or U-shaped hemlines unless they're quite deep. Fairytale ends are iffy; on some people, they look brilliant, but on others, they look awful. Generally, I prefer blunt hemlines rather than fairytales.

Katze
October 29th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Having fairytale ends myself that I don't always like, I am envious when I see women go past with long, thick, blunt ends. Their hair always looks thicker and healthier - the way I wish mine would.

If there were any way to get my ends blunt without cutting off to a bob, I would...

StephanieB
October 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM
On hair that's BSL or shorter blunt or a very gently U.
I realize that constand trimming to maintain a blunt is counter-productive to growing it longer... but an occasional dusting just to keep some shape is, IMO, best-looking. (mine's blunt due to a recent very necessary trim to rid myself of that last inch of ruined ends that were the only leftovers from a perm > 2 years ago)

On hair waist length or longer - either a gentle U or a non-severe V.
I often think, when I see very long hair with fairytale or severe V hemline, that the person would do well - and look a lot better - with a bit of a dusting, just to even ends out a bit.

I have not yet seen a real fairytale hemline that didn't make me think that that that person's hair would look a whole lot better trimmed to even it out just a bit.

Of course - this is all entirely subjective, and different persons look better one way or another due to hair, ehight, weight, and other such factors.

I hope no one is offended by anything I've said - but the question was asked as "what do you think"..... so I gave my opinion. :)

The truth is that I've yet to see any pic of anyone here on LHC who isn't good-looking and who doesn't have very nice hair.

Marie99
October 29th, 2008, 04:42 PM
My ends are in a V and layered, but that's just me. I love all long hair no matter how its grown.

Raven69
November 1st, 2008, 04:17 AM
I prefer the even line, like you just got back from a salon, 'fairytale ends' don't look 'clean'. I think I have what is called 'fairytale ends' but not so much like I have seen some pictures on this site...also a U shape looks well kept, but I've never managed to have anything close to that...

neon-dream
November 1st, 2008, 08:27 AM
Ohh a V.
my hair's in a V, and it has been for a few years. It used to be in a diagonal line, hehe then that got cut out and I kept it in the V shape and I love it :)
xxx

mellie
November 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM
I think the U is nice because it seems to increase volume (or at least appear that way!).

purpleorc
November 1st, 2008, 09:54 AM
I feel that there is room in this world for people with blunt, V, U and fairyends. It just depends on hair type, thickness, whether it is straight as a dye or curly and wavy. In a nutshell it is up to the individual how they have there end of their hemline and what suits them.

My own personal preference for my hair is the U cut due to the waviness it has and little ringlets that tend to form at the end of my hair.

Cinnamon Hair
November 1st, 2008, 05:26 PM
I like a v shape hemline best because it's so unusual. I myself have blunt cut ends, however. Well actually they're a cross between blunt cut and fairy tale... it's too wispy to be a true blunt cut.

longhairedfairy
November 1st, 2008, 11:18 PM
I chose blunt, but I think it just depends on what looks/feels right for each person. What looks best on one might look odd or so-so on another.

tiny_teesha
November 1st, 2008, 11:54 PM
Haha I'm pretty fussy when it comes to hemns. I think that 2c or curlier can pull off fairytale ends particularly well! In my opinion, i feel that blunt cuts are nice, straight cuts are also nice, but if the hair is thin straight cuts work best, and if it is really thick the V or U can be really deep and look nice.
So the thinner and straighter the hair; the straighter, less deep V/U and blunter I think the hemn should be.
The thicker the hair; the more deep the V/U can be and the hemn can be fairytale.
Also IMO hair looks best with fairytale ends when it is past tail bone.

that being said my hair fairytales at APL, (it is a 2b and ii with severe taper) so it can't pull off fairytale ends (IMO) and I tried a V and it looked hopeless so have straightened it out to a mostly straight with a slight curving on the outer edges! So like a \___/ shape almost. A "U" really? haha.

Though i have seen hair look great that were outside my little guidelines and i appreciate the differences in hemn line. I personally wish i had 2c M iii hair with barely any taper past classic and a blunt U hemn or '}' shape (cros between a V and U i guess?). But you can't always get what you want! hehe

Haith
November 3rd, 2008, 06:37 PM
I prefer a u-hem on myself right now, but I've seen all types of hemlines and they can all be gorgeous

curls2grow
November 3rd, 2008, 07:34 PM
On me, I like a blunt hemline. I think blunt or U-shaped are the best look for my hair, so I may try a U-shape next time (maybe it will add some slight layers?)

Vitalai
November 3rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
I voted V-hemline before, but then I saw a picture of a U-hemline, I believe it was Amara's, and changed my mind.

Alaia
November 4th, 2008, 07:53 AM
It varies, but I'm enjoying blunt right now. I do like all the others, but atm blunt is my favourite (compared to V shaped a couple of months ago).

Euphony
November 4th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Well I voted for what I like on me. Some hair looks incredible with a blunt cut, some looks incredible with a V, and even though I am not a fan of fairytale ends - I've seen some incredible ones here.

For me, at this stage, at this length, I like a U. I ended up with a U because of the bangs that I've been growing out, the layers I had put in etc, it wasn't intentional and now that I've seen many pictures of the back of my head I realize I like my particular hair in a U. But with more length, that might very well change.

Blueglass
November 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
What I really like is a lancet UV shape. Yet I always have a blunt hemline, or a slight U, at most.

zen_oven
November 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
It really depends on the person and their hair. On me I like a nice U-shape, which is what I'll get once I can finally even up these infernal layers.

Aisha25
November 8th, 2008, 07:21 PM
My favorite is natural:smile:

Drynwhyl
November 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Mine is blunt, but I think I'm slowly going to switch to an u-hem...because it's VERY thick and kinda looks weird, just straight like that ;s And my hair's a bit wavy, so it just doesnt fit it. I'm going for a more natural look.

logica_divina
November 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I voted U. Mine is actually V atm though...

Alia
November 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I like a U-shaped hemline, but V or fairytale look really nice on curly and very wavy hair. Blunt hair always makes me think of that scene in Mulan when she hacks her hair off with the sword shudder:.

Arctic_Mama
November 11th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Blunt hemlines are WAY too severe for my tastes, especially on me. My hair just won't do it, because it never lays flat enough. My kneejerk preference is for a gentle U, but the more I think about it the more I know I am awed by a great V or fairytale... but it has to be on the right thickness of hair. I am just not a fan of scraggly ends.... but I confess I don't see them here, just in real life. I think gentle handling prevents those almost completely.

Ryanne
November 11th, 2008, 10:11 AM
It depends, but I voted U because it looks best on me.

AnnaMarie
November 26th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I love the look of fairytale ends, they look so natural and pretty. I hope I get them one day :pray:

sahiba
November 27th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Though I have fairytale ends (and am proud of it :) ),I like neat hemlines .:)

Rita
November 27th, 2008, 05:08 AM
I prefer blunt ends. A slight U is also nice. I am not a fan of V and fairytale ends.

Satyria
November 27th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I can't decide between blunt and fairytale ends. I want something between them. :D Perhaps blunt is the nearest so I voted for it.

Johanna64
November 27th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I voted a U,it looks better on my curls (I think so :))

Peter
November 27th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I don't really have a favorite. Mine actually changes depending on how the ends curl after it dries and if I braid it (which straightens the ends somewhat). I have a deep V-shaped hemline, in fact a bit deeper than I'd like (it was my first time trying Feye's self-trim and I messed up a bit...). It usually looks like a normal U-shape though, because of some ends curling up.

I imagine it looks quite uneven most of the time because the ends curl in all sorts of directions.

morguebabe
November 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I like blunt best...but I like them in this order
Blunt
U
V
Farytale

EbonyCurls
December 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I prefer V but more like a \_/ shape. Depending where it hits I like the way this shape accentuates a woman's natural shape.
I like that pointed "dip" at the widest part of the body, that's my personal goal.

My next in line would be fairy-tale ends. Who doesn't like a good fairytale and any imagery that comes along with it? :)

NebraskaChick84
December 12th, 2008, 10:36 PM
fairytales, u, v, blunt.

I really don't like blunt hemlines though.

RedFrizz
December 13th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Hmm.. This is a bit tricky question, but I voted for blunt. And I voted based on what would look best on me in my opinion. Then again, I've never had a blunt hemline in longer hair than neck length, so this opinion is based on my imagination only and on the feeling which hemline I'd like to have when my hair's long enough. I'd like to see how my curls act when my locks are long and my hemline's blunt. One more thing to look forward to :D (besides having long hair. Finally.)

flapjack
December 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I think any hemline with healthy, soft, shiny ends is a winner. And that totally depends on how the person takes care of their hair.

For me, personally, blunt is by far the best. My hair is entirely straight and I love how a blunt hemline looks on me, especially because the ends of my hair are still pretty thick.

Phalaenopsis
December 14th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Easy. :)

Blunt
U
V
Fairytale

But that's on me. I think curlies can look very pretty with v or fairytale

fairydust
December 14th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I voted for V, but my preference depends on hair type. On my own hair, once it grows long, I'll probably try to maintain a blunt hemline this time, just to see how it behaves. I had a U hemline when my hair was long - I was too much of a chicken to cut in into a V.

Shadow
December 15th, 2008, 09:08 AM
My preference is either blunt or a very, very gentle U.

morguebabe
December 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I prefer fairytale ends. When I see long hair with hemlines with a distinct edge to them, especially if it is a blunt cut, it looks "chopped" to me, and my brain automatically fills in the "missing" portion that should be below. It's distracting.
See I fill in the "missing" portions of fairytale ends I just look to where the hair thickest and visualize that as the end of the hair line.
I don't undertand what part would be missing from a blunt hemline.

CestMadeleine
December 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I prefer a fairytale end, though V comes in close as second. And I agree, blunt cuts look best on bobs. :)

venividibxtchy
December 15th, 2008, 09:54 AM
V or blunt. I dislike u-shaped, and fairytale ends too much from person-to-person for me to give a direct opinion.

Samara Morgan
December 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I like all hemlines but on myself I prefer a blunt cut, which I am planning on growing back to as I recently cut a U shape and wasn't too happy with it. I find that certain hemlines suit some people better than others so I think it's just personal preference really :)

Margeaux
December 19th, 2008, 12:30 AM
U/V - Fairytale - Blunt. That would be for my hairtype, though - I'm sure other people look fantastic with a blunt hemline.

Sissy
December 25th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I voted for blunt, but I think U is really nice too. Unfortunately, I have fairytale ends as haven't trimmed in so long. Trim coming up before Jan 1st though... then I'm going on the year challenge of no trimmings, except S & D of split ends which I'm looking forward to trying. :o

lolar
January 13th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Blunt. My hair feels more healthy when blunt for some reason

Achlys
January 13th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Blunt, because I like it when hair has even thickness/thick ends. For straight hair, at least. I haven't thought about other types much.

LadyLongLocks
January 14th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I think the hemline varies on length. If my hair was shorter I would like a U cut. Being that it is to ankles it is blunt.
Different lengths look better with different cuts IMO. Plus hair types and thickness. You want to do the cut that is right for your length and type.

Majala
January 14th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I voted U - I like it on hair longer than bsl. On shorter hair I prefer blunt. I'm not a fan of V or fairytale ends.

Soltimus
January 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
I like the U-shape, I'd say, but I think all of them can look good on the right head of hair. Personally I find the blunt cuts and the V-shape a bit too, well, harsh, if that word can be used in this context, ha ha. Fairytale ends I find can sometimes have a nasty tendency to look uncared for.

melusine963
January 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
My ends are way too thin for me to get away with anything other than a blunt cut, but objectively I like the look of a U hemline best.

firegypsy
January 14th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I prefer the look of blunt hemlines, but the function of fairytale. I never wear my hair down, so fairytale it is for me! If I did wear it down I'd be much happier with a blunt. I'm not a huge fan of the V, but a slight U is pretty too. :)

faellen
January 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Very much favour the U!

Kwantslonghair
January 15th, 2013, 01:38 AM
I voted blunt. But like blunt with just a hint of U

Iaine
January 15th, 2013, 04:24 AM
I love the U hemline. It gives my hair shape so that I can avoid the dreaded pyramid hair.

Sharysa
January 15th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I like all of them. The only thing I actually don't like is a really severe V-hemline, because it seems like a lot of the girls around here WAAAAAY overdo it. I keep thinking, "What's the point of having about two inches of waist-length hair while the rest is shoulder to mid-back?" I just want to snip it off and make their hair more even.

Blunt hems look abrupt on me since my hair's so thick, and they also tend to make my hair look shorter because my hair's black. So I've started REALLY micro-trimming and am hoping for fairy-tale ends by the end of the year.

Neneka
January 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I like blunt ends but the others are beautiful too. It really depends on hair type.

PraiseCheeses
January 17th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Another non-vote for "it depends." Hair type, hair length, and body shape all factor in. Personally, I think fairytale ends look best on wavy/curly hair. Hair BSL and above looks best to me with a blunt cut or slight U. From waist to tailbone, I love the look of a deep V. (Avital88 and MrsGuther immediately spring to mind as inspirational examples.) It really emphasizes feminine curves. Then, at mid-thigh, a blunt hem or maybe a slight U again... All mere personal opinion of course. :flower:

Ligeia_13
January 17th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I like a straight hemline, unless its at hip length. I think that length looks fantastic with a V.

mzBANGBANG
January 17th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I love blunt for updos but agree it is a bit harsh. I went with a blunt hemline with a slight u.

chen bao jun
January 27th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I voted U. I like fairytale best, but only on curlies. I don't like blunt much. I think probably because my hair is so thick, it looks awful blunt, it looks bushy. It looks fine on people with straight hair, but like they just got a haircut. I think U looks best of most people so I voted for that. Not a fan of V.

froglet
January 27th, 2013, 11:25 PM
For myself I like a U shaped hemline. On others I've seen all of the above look beautiful so no preference really, it just depends on the hairs texture and condition.

missfaroe
January 28th, 2013, 04:40 AM
I vote for u, because the others would never suit me or my hairtype.

Coolcombination
January 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I like a slight V looks less harsh than the other and fairytale ends just mean time for a trim to me :shrug::run::couch:

maborosi
January 28th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I'm really a big fan of the U-shaped hemlines for me. On others, it really just depends on what suits them!

~maborosi~

88bernice
February 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Definitely I prefer U or V hemline blunt is to flat for me.

embee
February 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
For me, Fairytale. That's what I voted. That's the hemline that works best for my hairstyles, always up in a bun. Fairytale ends tuck in so nicely. :)

I've had various blunt cuts, and my ends stuck out of any updo like bristles of a paint brush, not my chosen look! :D

Now if I wore my hair down I'd probably choose something else, but I don't, so I don't know what I'd choose.

Swissmiss2584
March 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM
I voted Fairytale because I love to see it on long wavy or curly hair but for myself I'm trying to grow my U shape layers out to a blunt hemline so I can do more braids and braid styles. I do like how the U shape makes my straight hair look when it's down.

Mandie
March 2nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
I personally prefer a blunt cut for long hair. For shorter hair (up to BSL) U or V is awesome but to my taste, the longer it gets the better a blunt cut looks. Makes it look healthy, thick, full, and solid at that length.

cobden 28
March 2nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
For my hair type it has to be a straight-across blunt cut. Anything else makes the ends of my hair look thin and uneven - a straight-across blunt cut makes my hair look nice and thick.

Anabell
March 2nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
That's funny, because this is the reason why I like the blunt hemline the most. It give me the feeling of freshly chopped hair. But in a healthy way. The ideal for me is super long hair with blunt hemline. But this is something that takes a lot of time to achieve, especially if you grow out layers or chemical dye (and I have them both. There two last layer, though).

arjay.d
March 4th, 2013, 12:06 AM
My favorite hemline is the blunt. However, with as long as I want to go, I'll need to get used to fairytale ends. Who knows, they may look good on me.

Andrea H
March 6th, 2013, 11:14 PM
I've only ever had blunt as far as I can remember. I'm not sure how much I'd like fairytale ends on me considering I have fine hair(just a decent amount of it). I think I'd like U, but I'm not cutting my hair for a while yet.

millyaulait
March 7th, 2013, 06:24 AM
I like a U, with long layers. :)

Magalo
March 7th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I like v-shaped and fairytales for wavy to curly hair.
U-shaped for straight/wavy hair, at least hip length.
And blunt on very fine and long hair. I dislike blunt most of the tim though.

I currently have a v-shaped hemline but my hair is so straight it doesn't look very good. I'll probably cut a slight u shape for my next trim in a couple of months, when I'll reach waist. :)

SleepyTangles
March 7th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I love both V and U, but sure every hemline can be great with the right hair and lenght. I guess the most balanced is the U, so I voted it. If you want to bring the eye of the observer upward I think the V is better.

JCFantasy23
March 7th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I used to prefer a V shape but it creates too many issues for me when I want to wear my hair up. Im now at a mild U sort of

Knotted
March 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I like gently U-shaped hemlines, but mine is fairytale (attempting to be U-shaped!).

Bagginslover
March 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I currently have a gentle U hem (Just trimmed an inch this week, and it just happened! was aiming for blunt, oh well!), but onve my layers are gone, I will aim for something between blunt and fairytale. I don't like the way any 'cut' just stops when you run you hands/brush down it, it feels wierd to me. I also automatically think 'damage' when I see full fairytale ends (I do know its not the case, but its ingrained) so I'd like to not be fully FT, but with a gently FT taper in the bottom 6 inches perhaps.

AngryVikingGirl
March 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Fairytales, V, blunt, U. Epicness on the first place. ;)

Kittykins
March 10th, 2013, 04:23 AM
I like a blunt cut on myself but like all kinds of hemlines on others.

Mommyof4
March 10th, 2013, 04:34 AM
U is my favorite.

woolyleprechaun
March 10th, 2013, 04:39 AM
On straight hair, I love a u shape at waist and beyond, and blunt when its shorter....I'm odd :P
On the other hand, I have (finally) realised that anything other than fairytale looks awful on me. Im fairly slim, but powerfully built and have thick, haphazzardly wavy hair. It NEVER lies right with a neat hem :(

Venefica
May 24th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I prefer a nice, blunt, sharp hemline as razor sharp as possible.

jacqueline101
May 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I like v hemline it's my natural one.

Licia
May 29th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I prefer U-type. I think it looks good on all hairtypes, and you don't loose as much of your bun volume as with a V-shape.

emeraldfaery
May 30th, 2013, 07:32 PM
I like them all on certain people. U would probably be my least favorite. I chose V cause I love long layers even though I just have straight across hair right now. Eventually, unless I cut it some how, my hair will have fairytale ends and I will like them, too! I'm not picky. :D

labailaora
July 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I like U hemlines for myself - blunt tends to look too harsh, V means too many different lengths and spiky bits in my buns!

biogirl87
July 5th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Now that my hair is growing out, I'm really liking the U hemline it's growing out into.

Vampyria
July 6th, 2013, 04:52 AM
I had a V shape for a long time, because it was the easiest to trim (short hair and micro trimming) and I liked how my hair looked in front. I have U now and I really like it. I was afraid it will look to uneven in front, but it looks really nice.

I think that V or fairytale look especially nice on curly hair, blunt on straight hair, and U on wavy hair.

Olavi
July 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
On my hair I prefer fairytail. On other's hair it depends on shape of face, hairtype, etc. But I still like blunt cut the least.

Natalina
July 7th, 2013, 12:07 AM
V! When I had TBL hair and trimmed them I always try to keep the V-shape. Since my hair is curly and thick, I think it made it look less heavy and yet maintains the length. In my opinion, even on most people regardless of hair texture, they can't go wrong with V-shapes.

Shepherdess
July 8th, 2013, 11:30 PM
I think on myself, I personally like blunt ends the best, although I currently have fairytale ends. I do like fairytale ends and other types of hemlines, I think all can be very beautiful considering how different hemlines often look better with different people. I think it depends on a person's hair type and length.

Emanuelle
July 9th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Hard to pick... I think blunt.

lapushka
July 9th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I prefer a soft U, a U that's barely there. Thank goodness Feye's comes with instructions for that. :thumbsup:

FuzzyBlackWaves
July 10th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I'm of the blunt preference personally, although I do think it depends on the person wearing it as to how good it looks on them and what they're happy with. Personally I want a blunt hemline if I can get to waist or hip, although if it gets any longer than that I might mess around with a 'v' to see how it looks.

Leeloo
July 10th, 2013, 03:47 PM
When looking at pictures blunt hemline always looks better to me, but when seeing in person, fairytale hemline moves the best.

Skade
July 10th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I am a fan of soft U hemlines. I think it is flattering to the body..

me_random
July 10th, 2013, 07:33 PM
fairytale, at least on wavy/curly hair, for straight anything seems to look good (at least imo...)

In|{girl
July 12th, 2013, 02:44 AM
On myself I prefer blunt but I think fairytale ends look beautiful too, especially on curly hair (see LOTR)

butterfly_dream
July 13th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I like a very gentle U shape.
Also Fairytale ends can be nice. They look so ethereal, so beautiful.

Bellechevelure
July 14th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I like having a V shape, I think it's suits me. But it's true that the end are more thin with a V shape and because of that I think I will change for a U shape.

Bellechevelure
July 14th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Oh and... what is fairytale ends? I feel a little dumb asking this question...

teddygirl
July 14th, 2013, 11:24 PM
I like a soft/shallow V

butterfly_dream
July 15th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Oh and... what is fairytale ends? I feel a little dumb asking this question...

this :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img27/3433/thx6.jpg

dulce
July 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Can't remember if I mentioned this ,I just had a v hem cut a few months ago,my sides are thinning and this disguises it well so I don't have to lose length .

Arien
July 16th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Fairytale all the way! :) I am a hopeless romantic!

BrightEyes
July 16th, 2013, 06:59 AM
I like a U shaped hemline, that is what I am planning on having when my hair is longer. Although I do love how a V hemline looks on tailbone length hair.

Vik
July 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I prefer blunt or a slight (!) U-shape on myself. Have seen all styles look pretty on some other people before, though.