PDA

View Full Version : Heatless Headband Waves/Super Cute Updo

Ellethwyn
July 7th, 2016, 10:31 PM
I just got done watching this video and think it's a great way to get some waves annnnd I think it makes such a pretty updo!

https://youtu.be/E4z9uutdrE0

littlestarface
July 7th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Pretty cool idea, i'm always amazed to see the things people come up with since I don't have a creative bone in my body.

Sparklylady82
July 7th, 2016, 11:07 PM
This works very well! I've tried it before.

lithostoic
July 7th, 2016, 11:16 PM
I've never tried it but I can only imagine awkward head dents, pulled out pieces/unevenness, and frizz :/

Ellethwyn
July 7th, 2016, 11:32 PM
I've never tried it but I can only imagine awkward head dents, pulled out pieces/unevenness, and frizz :/

Hrmmm... I am imagining indentions now, too. Especially if one were to sleep with their hair in the headband. The woman's hair in the video looks fab.

DoomKitty
July 8th, 2016, 01:58 AM
This looks way too easy lol and there's no way I could sleep with my hair like that...done during the day for a night out could work though. Bookmarking for later, thanks!

Arctic
July 8th, 2016, 03:48 AM
I otherwise like those waves on me, BUT they leave the crown area flat, which looks silly to me and my hair is so short and stiff at the neape even with APL hair, that I can't get they stay put well, especially if I try to sleep like this. (Would need lot of pinning.) This method gives me most beautiful curls around my face, but the back is only wavy and the crown straight. Add to that that headbands always slip and slide.... and yeah, this method isn't good for my particular head/hair/taste.

On others it looks great!

ETA: I wrote without actually watching the video :o Her method is a bit different from the ones I've tried. She divids her hair into 2, twists the section and then wraps, and I have done it by adding small sections at a time without much to any twisting.

lapushka
July 8th, 2016, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't do it with hair longer than that, though... might become one tangly mess, but YMMV of course. I for sure am not even going to attempt that with classic length. Nooo way. :)

shaded in gray
July 8th, 2016, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't do it with hair longer than that, though... might become one tangly mess, but YMMV of course. I for sure am not even going to attempt that with classic length. Nooo way. :)

Is it possible to achieve heatless waves with hair that long?! I've always wondered..

lapushka
July 8th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Is it possible to achieve heatless waves with hair that long?! I've always wondered..

Braidwaves and roll up the ends with a roller. Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NMLSUICp4

shaded in gray
July 8th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Braidwaves and roll up the ends with a roller. Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NMLSUICp4

That is awesome! Thank you for sharing that.

lapushka
July 8th, 2016, 02:52 PM
That is awesome! Thank you for sharing that.

You're welcome! :D

ElvenEngineer
July 8th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Oh my God, this is great! My hair takes to bun waves *really* easily (it's naturally wavy, but bun waves fall nicer). This looks so non-damaging and comfy! Of course, I'd swap out hairspray for leave-in, my hair need extra encouragement to not tangle, but not to hold a shape. I need to see if this would make a good sleep style. Fabric headband is now on my list.

Ana H.
July 9th, 2016, 01:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Mo0XCeJqw

This is my favorite heatless method so far. It gives me the best waves and is really comfortable to sleep in. It’s similar to the headband but it sits on top of your head so it’s not in the way when you’re sleeping and theres a lot more surface area to wrap the hair around (less potential for tangles). I got great results doing it with slightly damp hair and a tiny bit of oil to get it nice and smooth and prevent flyaways. I liked it so much I decided to crochet myself a little halo specifically for this purpose. My hair is almost tailbone length. I don’t know if it would work on classic length but I don’t see why not. It would just take a lot more careful wrapping and combing of each section to prevent tangles.

Arctic
July 9th, 2016, 02:15 PM
I just tried this headband thing once again I had a tiny spark of hope that this time it'd work. Well it didn't. My hair is just not wrappable like this. It's too unbendable/stiff, half of my length/ends just spring out from under the headband. I can wrap my front and sides fine, but not the hair that grows at the back. It feels like my hair is too short, but I have seen people doing this style with shorter hair than me. It's a big fail for me all and all.