PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help!

w0nderland
July 7th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Hello!

I've been trying to determine what hair type I am since I joined and I can't work it out, and you guys always know best.
https://i.imgur.com/5vm86ar.jpg?1

This is my hair the morning after I washed it I believe, I sleep with it loose, and it was most likely kind of damp when I fell asleep. Usually that ring of straight on the top of my head is also slightly wavy.

I was thinking 2a, as when I wash it and allow it dry completely the waves are slightly less prominent and more puffy but I have no idea! Just wanted to know hair type so I can tailor my routine to making it easier to work with. My ends are somewhat bleach damaged, nothing excessive but they do get dry very quickly if that helps at all.
If you need anymore pictures let me know, thanks! :)

lapushka
July 7th, 2016, 07:27 AM
That looks like 2a/b to me, might even be 2b. Looks like braid waves to me.

w0nderland
July 7th, 2016, 07:31 AM
That looks like 2a/b to me, might even be 2b. Looks like braid waves to me.

That's what I was kind of thinking, and just slept on it damp, braid waves look a lot better than that on my hair. Thank you for the help!

w0nderland
July 8th, 2016, 01:52 AM
Anyone else?

lapushka
July 8th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Yes, *bump* for more input!

Arctic
July 8th, 2016, 04:38 AM
I think for ideal hair typing photo you shouldn't have slept on it before taking this photo. I know for me sleeping can mess with my waves a lot. Also, a bigger photo would be better, I can't see if you got any spiralling action going on there. Right now, what my old eyes can see from the mini-photo, it looks maybe 2a/b.

w0nderland
July 8th, 2016, 04:55 AM
I think for ideal hair typing photo you shouldn't have slept on it before taking this photo. I know for me sleeping can mess with my waves a lot. Also, a bigger photo would be better, I can't see if you got any spiralling action going on there. Right now, what my old eyes can see from the mini-photo, it looks maybe 2a/b.

I'll be washing my hair at some point during the weekend so I will get a better photo. Thanks for the help!

Wosie
July 8th, 2016, 06:15 AM
Indeed, I agree that one oughtn't sleep on one's hair before hair typing. It might change the hair quite a bit from how it normally looks. %) When I fall asleep with my hair when it's slightly wet/damp, my waves get much more pronounced (*sniffle*, I wish my hair always was that wavy ;-; ).

In the picture, your hair looks 2a/2b to me. :)

lapis_lazuli
July 8th, 2016, 09:58 AM
I'll echo everyone else and guess 2a/b as well :)

mina01
July 8th, 2016, 10:51 AM
I don't have much knowledge but it look like 2b, definitely.