PDA

View Full Version : Where is bsl?

dansyl
July 6th, 2016, 05:47 PM
I've seen a lot of people say to call bsl below shoulder blades... Mine isn't to my bra strap yet... But all my bras sit differently on me....

dansyl
July 6th, 2016, 05:55 PM
PS: this is my length as of a week ago. http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w478/dansyl867/Mobile%20Uploads/92F226BD-19B5-4BB0-8C4C-238FB9AF13DC_zpse6e2rgqp.jpg

red-again
July 6th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Id say you are below armpit length (apl but above bra strap length (bsl) b.

spidermom
July 6th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Bra strap length is TO ME the stupidest description. The straps are the parts of a bra that go from upper bra to over the shoulders, so I really don't get it.

I've always thought of it as bottom of shoulder blades.

lapis_lazuli
July 6th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Yes, I would say you are APL+ :agree: I think BSL is just past the shoulder blades on most people, but you can call it wherever you see fit.
Lovely colour, by the way! :)

dansyl
July 6th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Well I'm for sure below shoulder blades... My sports bra... I'm BSL for sure... This bra... No lolhttp://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w478/dansyl867/Mobile%20Uploads/6AF37DA9-02E4-4B39-85BB-7D925D7792A3_zpsl3qvsfc6.jpg

Anje
July 6th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I always figured it was the bottom of the bra band, because there's so much variation in where the top of the band sits. Couple inches below the shoulder blade bottoms.

Entangled
July 6th, 2016, 07:41 PM
I think of it as halfway between APL and waist. Maybe that's midback, but that's how I did it.

ravenheather
July 6th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I disregard bsl for this very reason. I use midback as halfway between apl and waist too.

turtlelover
July 6th, 2016, 09:13 PM
I called it below the shoulder blades and in the middle of the straps of the bras that I typically wear. I agree that it is the hardest one to call!

DarleneH
July 6th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Bra strap length is TO ME the stupidest description. The straps are the parts of a bra that go from upper bra to over the shoulders, so I really don't get it.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I went for a long time thinking BSL might mean shoulder length because the tops of your shoulders is where your hair first touches bra straps. What goes around the rib cage is called a band, not a strap.

WannabeViking
July 6th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Additionally, if the bearer of long locks is a guy, this is meaningless. Unless, of course, he wears Kramer's "Bro". :D

nakima
July 6th, 2016, 10:13 PM
I've always thought bsl is at the bottom of bra where it hooks? straps really don't make since ha!

diddiedaisy
July 6th, 2016, 11:58 PM
I go by bottom of shoulder blades. However, some people do have high shoulder blades, my youngest being one of them. As others have said halfway between apl and waist also seems a good way to gauge. Bsl is one of those markers that is very ambiguous, so call it where you want, that's what I say these days!!! :)

Stepo_NiNha
July 7th, 2016, 02:16 AM
You have exactly the same length when I started regrowing my hair after a big chop (my hair was all damaged), Id say APL + and in 4 months (depending as well on your growth rate) you'll be there in the lowest part of your bra strap below the mamary line. Btw, your ends look blunt and healthy!

polarnatt
July 7th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Well, all my bras are fitted to me perfectly so they all sit at the same spot, and on me that is just where the bottom of my shoulder blades are. So for me it's a pretty simple milestone!

I don't think you need to be that exact or concerned about the lengths, after all they're just for fun, to see how much longer your hair has gotten. Everyone has different bodies but personally, I really like the whole bra band definition - I wear a bra often and to me it's a pretty sight when my hair covers the band. That's different for everyone, not everybody wears a bra for example, and they can have their own significant length milestones.

I just didn't ever think it was that "official", you know.

Carolyn
July 7th, 2016, 06:08 AM
BSL is a very personal measurement depending on your bra style, your body, and if you wear a properly fitting bra. A lot of women don't wear well fitting bras. We've all seen pictures of a bra that is hiked up at center back. That is not a well fitting bra and to my way of thinking, 3 hairs almost touching that upsidedown V at center back is not BSL. Decide for yourself where your personal BSL marker is and go with that. It's not the same for every one. I wear a 3 hook bra, so I call mine BSL range.