PDA

View Full Version : Uneven ends :P

CreatureBailey
July 4th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Hiiii I'm back. :3 I'm sowwy I was away for a while. I finished high school and got graduation and prom, plus participated in a pageant. ANYways, I'm here now. :D

And by the way the no trim spring challenge is done! So now I guess I'll stop being lazy and try to get rid of my split ends and make my hair a bit more even...

Talking about that. It's been a while that I noticed, but like...when I take a mirror I can just hold, and hold it to look at my hair in the big mirror from behind...I notice my ends are not even? It does like a...you know the pan flute? Like it goes kinda diagonal a bit. And I wonder why? It's true that I always braid on the same side. Just wondering why the ends go like this ----> \ kinda. not as drastic as \ but y'know.

I plan to get the thingy where you clip it at the ends and then cut the hair evenly. I plan to get it online.

I missed you guys!! :D

lapushka
July 5th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Have you heard of Feye's method. Might be easier, and no tools (except elastic bands) required.
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

pailin
July 5th, 2016, 06:12 AM
When your hair looks longer on one side than the other, is it combed straight back, parted in the middle, or parted on the side? I thought mine was uneven that way, and actually, it just looked that way because it was parted on the side.

CreatureBailey
July 5th, 2016, 07:45 AM
My hair is parted in the middle. :P And thanks for the method! :O

spidermom
July 5th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Hair can grow faster on one side of your head than the other, so that can cause uneven ends.

I was always getting uneven results with the Feye method, so I part down the middle, bring half of my hair in front of each shoulder, then combine the 2 halves into a single ponytail in front of my neck. Then I close a book over the ponytail and slide it toward the ends, then use the book as a straight edge to guide my cut across the ends. I get a slight U shape with this method. I did this a couple of days ago because I noticed that the left side of my hair was longer than the right. I like symmetry!

Anje
July 5th, 2016, 12:27 PM
It's definitely worth making sure you're not turning your head at all to look at your hair in the mirrors. Looking straight back over the top of your head is probably better.

But yeah, some people grow a bit faster on one side than the other, or get more wear and tear on one side. Might be a fluke, might be how your hair grows.

lapushka
July 5th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Yes, the way you look in the mirror definitely might have something to do with it.

When using Feye's, what helped me is when I needed to split it down the middle to snip both sides is elastic banding both sides, then sliding the elastic down those as well; so you snip an even amount off.

Deborah
July 5th, 2016, 03:43 PM
I think a Crea Clip, which is what I think you are planning to get, should solve the unevenness problem. I have a generic version of it, and I love it. It has a little bubble level thing built in which I get a friend to use to cut my hair, and it turns out lovely and never uneven. Several of my friends borrow mine to cut their own and their daughters' hair. I used to use Feye's method, but this is way easier, and my results are better too.

Whirled_peas
July 5th, 2016, 07:32 PM
It probably looks worse to you than someone else. Ask someone to inspect it for you, or post a picture here.

LillithTheFirst
July 6th, 2016, 12:26 AM
My ends are very "jagged" from not trimming in years and breakage/damage on the ends. I should get the evened out....
It it really bothers you you can get it trimmed straight our do a U hemline so you don't lose as much length.

lapushka
July 6th, 2016, 02:09 PM
I think a Crea Clip, which is what I think you are planning to get, should solve the unevenness problem. I have a generic version of it, and I love it. It has a little bubble level thing built in which I get a friend to use to cut my hair, and it turns out lovely and never uneven. Several of my friends borrow mine to cut their own and their daughters' hair. I used to use Feye's method, but this is way easier, and my results are better too.

The only downside to it being that you need another pair of hands, always. Feye's you could do by yourself fairly easily.