PDA

View Full Version : hair growth rate and accurate measurement

timeschild
June 29th, 2016, 01:48 PM
How likely is it my hair would keep grownubg at the same rate it did since this March untill now? It is the lenght of growth in three months of growth as a credit card. So a year from now I figure my hair will be waist length. I did this by taking a card and foiling down counting my three.

Also would this be a good way to measure potential growth

triumphator!
June 29th, 2016, 01:55 PM
The average head of hair grows a half inch a month, or six inches a year. That's an average, so it could vary from month to month. A credit card is 3.37 inches tall. So an average head of hair grows 1.78 credit card lengths a year.

The best way to reckon your growth rate is to record your length each month in inches, and establish an average from there.

lapushka
June 29th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Judging from your avatar you're between shoulder & APL. I'm sorry to have to burst the bubble, but there is *no* way you'll be waist next year. Try and take it one milestone at a time. First, let's see if you get to APL. Join the shoulder to APL thread and you'll find a lot of support there.

timeschild
June 29th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Burst away it seemed a little far fetched to.o when I measure it

diddiedaisy
June 29th, 2016, 04:04 PM
The rate of growth over a year varies quite a lot. Mine grows very steady every month, never changes, I don't get spurts or stalls. Some people get a summer spurt others a winter spurt. The only thing you can do is track your growth over the year. You will then have an idea on how much growth you can expect over the course of a year, and the pattern of growth you have.

Garnetgem
June 29th, 2016, 04:22 PM
As mentioned growth can vary throughout the year a person can have a growth spurt or a slowing down of growth..it also goes with our health if we are under the weather then our hair suffers and this can also affect growth..

timeschild
June 29th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Measured my hair front is 8 inches back between ten and twelve. I am guessing on the back anyway

timeschild
June 29th, 2016, 05:03 PM
.....Not sure how to delete double post.

spidermom
June 29th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Join the seasonal growth project thread. Then you'll see whether or not your growth stays the same or varies. Mine varies.

kuroi
June 29th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Judging from your avatar you're between shoulder & APL. I'm sorry to have to burst the bubble, but there is *no* way you'll be waist next year. Try and take it one milestone at a time. First, let's see if you get to APL. Join the shoulder to APL thread and you'll find a lot of support there.

Never say never, not everyone's hair grows at the same rate. I grow about an inch per month when I'm healthy, I would have made shoulder to waist in a year with less trimming. But I agree with you on going one milestone at a time. Just calculate with the average growth to have an good idea. I think shoulder to bsl is about 6".