PDA

View Full Version : Men's Long Hair Hyperboard (MLHH)

Alun
June 28th, 2016, 07:40 PM
I also hang out on MLHH, but it seems they didn't pay to renew their domain. They were asking for money, and it seems they weren't kidding, because the domain is parked and the site is not there :(

There were quite a few guys that posted in both places.

Tosca
June 28th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Aw that sucks.

Alun
June 28th, 2016, 07:43 PM
BTW, this follows hot on the heels of the recent death of a longtime member and onetime moderator, Bill Choissier. No relation to Bill D, who I'm sure is fine.

EdG
June 28th, 2016, 08:01 PM
The domain has expired, but the board is still up at http://65.19.155.36

Bill Choisser's passing is very sad. He did most of the work to put together MLHH. I met Bill in San Francisco in 2008.
Ed

Anje
June 28th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Oh no! I've not been on MLHH, not being the target demographic, but I'm sorry to hear the domain hasn't renewed. I hope that gets sorted out! :(

Alun
June 28th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Ed, who else can you think of who is also a member on LHC? Jason is. Maybe David North, Trolleypup. Who else?

EdG
June 28th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Ed, who else can you think of who is also a member on LHC? Jason is. Maybe David North, Trolleypup. Who else?You and trolleypup seem to be the only members who are active on both boards.

I know that Absalom and Hairfreaky have posted on both boards.
Ed

gthlvrmx
June 28th, 2016, 10:25 PM
I have been on that website and posted once or twice but I rarely go on it.

nekosan
June 28th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Oh, geeze, that sucks. :( I know I'd be happy to see more long-haired people over here, tho I can understand wanting your own niche.

trolleypup
June 29th, 2016, 12:17 AM
You and trolleypup seem to be the only members who are active on both boards.

I know that Absalom and Hairfreaky have posted on both boards.
Ed
I didn't realize the situation was so dire.

lapushka
June 29th, 2016, 06:25 AM
Aw that sucks! :( At least you can still come here, I know, I know, it might not be the same, but at least you're not losing contact with other members. That's one thing!

EdG
June 29th, 2016, 07:42 AM
MLHH is a very good board, but it doesn't receive much traffic or any advertising income. With the sheer number of social networking sites today, I can see why it is hard to keep MLHH going.

I believe MLHH was founded around 1997. It is very likely the oldest, continually-running website dedicated to long hair.
Ed

Complexity
June 29th, 2016, 09:14 AM
MLHH is a very good board, but it doesn't receive much traffic or any advertising income. With the sheer number of social networking sites today, I can see why it is hard to keep MLHH going.

I believe MLHH was founded around 1997. It is very likely the oldest, continually-running website dedicated to long hair.
Ed

That sucks! I had a forum that I eventually had to take down for those reasons. Sometimes - no matter how attached you are to them - things become moneypits and you eventually need to choose.

I'm sorry that it's gone for now. Hopefully, in time, it will be back :)