PDA

View Full Version : who knew

timeschild
June 28th, 2016, 08:43 AM
So I started taking vitamins and hair skin and mail gummies... Who knew taking those could help grow your hair. Last three months my hair has grown super fast...for me anyway usually takes longer than it has.

truepeacenik
June 28th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Anytime you improve your nutrition, whether by changing food ratios (less sweets and empty calories to more nutrient dense food) or by suppliments, or adding exercise to get better blood flow, your hair will benefit.
There's a curve, however, once you are at an optimum point, mega dosing will not help, and can impact your organs of elimination from liver to kidneys to skin.

But in general, yes, I would expect vitamins meant for hair, nails and skin would help with hair growth.
There's no pill that can change hair that has already grown from the follicle.

how long were you taking the vitamins, and what difference did you see?

Horrorpops
June 28th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Anytime you improve your nutrition, whether by changing food ratios (less sweets and empty calories to more nutrient dense food) or by suppliments, or adding exercise to get better blood flow, your hair will benefit.
There's a curve, however, once you are at an optimum point, mega dosing will not help, and can impact your organs of elimination from live to kidneys to skin.

But in general, yes, I would expect vitamins meant for hair, nails and skin would help with hair growth.

Yes!! This exactly :o couldn't have said it better myself!

lapushka
June 28th, 2016, 10:46 AM
So I started taking vitamins and hair skin and mail gummies... Who knew taking those could help grow your hair. Last three months my hair has grown super fast...for me anyway usually takes longer than it has.

It means there was some sort of deficiency there, because otherwise these pills won't do a thing. You can't build on good and complete nutrition (that's the maximum).

Nadine <3
June 28th, 2016, 10:52 AM
It could be other factors contributing as well. Lots of people get a growth spurt in the summer.

timeschild
June 28th, 2016, 01:13 PM
There's a curve, however, once you are at an optimum point, mega dosing will not help, and can impact your organs of elimination from live to kidneys to skin.

On and off the last two months my hair I have noticed when taking them is more wavy and it grew. Though that could have been me just not paying attention and not noticing I thought my hair waschun lenght all over. And I have a crap ton of little hairs making me look fuzzy

timeschild
June 28th, 2016, 01:19 PM

On and off the last two months my hair I have noticed when taking them is more wavy and it grew. Though that could have been me just not paying attention and not noticing I thought my hair waschun lenght all over. And I have a crap ton of little hairs making me look fuzzy

lapushka
June 28th, 2016, 01:24 PM

Like truepeacenik already explained. The pills only affect the *new* growth, not the hair that is already on your head. ;)

timeschild
June 28th, 2016, 01:28 PM
I know... I have a lot of new growth the wavy thing or only is just cud my hair is crazy and goes through phases of being straightish to wavyisj and I have some super curly spots. It doesn't know what it whants

truepeacenik
June 28th, 2016, 06:25 PM
It wants to be what it is.

Accepting the hair you have is a big step in loving your hair for life at great lengths.

Garnetgem
June 28th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Vitamins and minerals can help along with a good diet...i have had good experiences too as since i have started taking cod liver oil daily my shedding has slowed down until it stopped,it seems to be growing a lot better too...great if vitamins are helping you.

lapushka
June 29th, 2016, 06:16 AM
A good multivitamin can do wonders too. And it basically covers your every need, and is usually more packed full of vitamins and minerals than these nail & hair supplements are. ;)

timeschild
June 29th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Ha made my self sick when first taking them by taking duble the amount... My stomac hurt so bad but inthought well its all things I need lets double dose the vitamins. Forgetting inwas also taking the hair ones..

lapushka
June 29th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Definitely don't take both. It's either one or the other!

vampyyri
June 29th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Biotin has definitely helped the thickness of my nails, but it has done jack diddly for my hair these past two months :lol:

Anje
June 29th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Ha made my self sick when first taking them by taking duble the amount... My stomac hurt so bad but inthought well its all things I need lets double dose the vitamins. Forgetting inwas also taking the hair ones..

Oooh, definitely don't double-dose! Some of those things (iron in particular comes to mind) can be toxic if you OD.

vampyyri
June 29th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Oooh, definitely don't double-dose! Some of those things (iron in particular comes to mind) can be toxic if you OD.

I second that, there are a lot of vitamins you can over-do it on and make yourself gravely ill. I've personally overdone it on vitamin C, and well... I was kinda living in my bathroom for a day.

lapushka
June 29th, 2016, 08:33 AM
My multivitamin before this one had 0% iron. This one has about 70%, so not a complete 100% because you get some out of your food as well. They kind of overhauled the formula (different production but same product). I think that's clever and cautious. I am glad this one has some iron in it.

Complexity
June 29th, 2016, 08:59 AM
What types of vitamins are y'all taking? I've been thinking about working one in since even on the best of days my diet is meh (I'm working on it but it's a process and there's only so much I can do). I know that a wholefood one is my best bet for absorption, but I've yet to find on in capsule form and the tablets leave an awful aftertaste.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just didn't see the point in making a new one since it's kind of the point of this one anyway :)

vampyyri
June 29th, 2016, 09:11 AM
What types of vitamins are y'all taking? I've been thinking about working one in since even on the best of days my diet is meh (I'm working on it but it's a process and there's only so much I can do). I know that a wholefood one is my best bet for absorption, but I've yet to find on in capsule form and the tablets leave an awful aftertaste.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just didn't see the point in making a new one since it's kind of the point of this one anyway :)

When I was taking a multi-vitamin (need to start doing that again, I'm lacking in iron) I was taking the Alive! Once Daily For Women formula. I miss the energy I used to get, I've been sluggish ever since stopping.

Agnes Hannah
June 29th, 2016, 09:20 AM
I have recently started taking supplements for tiredness really and overall health benefits. My hair is growing like a weed at the minute, but I think other factors are influencing this rather than supplements alone.

lapushka
June 29th, 2016, 09:56 AM
I just get the effervescent tablets from Aldi. They do them once a year, and I stock up for the year (watching the expiry date closely, which is on there). They're 89cts for a tube of 20 tablets. :)

Anje
June 29th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Lately I haven't been bothering with them, but I maybe should, because my diet has been horrible for months now. Last I was actually taking them, I think I was taking a men's formula, because the amount of iron in the women's was making me nauseated.

summergame
June 29th, 2016, 11:18 AM
I use the Garden of Life, Vitamin Code, Raw One, Once Daily Raw Multi-Vitamin for Women from I herb, it's the only one I do not vomit from. :)

nakima
June 29th, 2016, 06:25 PM
It means there was some sort of deficiency there, because otherwise these pills won't do a thing. You can't build on good and complete nutrition (that's the maximum).

yes this! I agree 100%

timeschild
June 29th, 2016, 07:10 PM
One a day women's for me

Beachbabydara
June 29th, 2016, 09:18 PM
I try to remember to take Centrum Womens' vitamins because I was told I need more Vitamin D, but I often forget to take them. Does anyone know why hair grows faster in the summer months? Also, since I live in south Florida, does that make any difference?

lapushka
July 1st, 2016, 03:12 AM
I try to remember to take Centrum Womens' vitamins because I was told I need more Vitamin D, but I often forget to take them. Does anyone know why hair grows faster in the summer months? Also, since I live in south Florida, does that make any difference?

Some people's hair grows better in summer, in others it's winter. It's different for everybody. You can learn to track your growth, but on average hair will grow 6 inches a year (sometimes less). That's all perfectly normal. Yes, these "growth spurts" can happen.

Whirled_peas
July 5th, 2016, 08:06 PM
I just bought some gummies, I am going to start taking them tomorrow.