PDA

View Full Version : A kitten complimented my hair!

Katahdin
October 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM
A strange incident happened today while I was shopping at Chapters today. (Chapters is like Barnes & Nobles, for you Americans:p)

I'm a total bookworm, and I was sitting down sampling a book, when two girls came up beside me. I didn't really notice them much, but one sat down on the floor with her back to me. I was in a chair, leaning over with one elbow on my knee, my book in the other hand, and my hair draped down over my shoulders. Suddenly, something was grabbing at my hair! I pulled it back and there was a kitten with her claws in my hair! :bigeyes:

I have no idea WHY, but the girl who'd sat down with her back to me had brought a kitten to the mall, and it had climbed over her shoulder and decided to play with my hair! I couldn't imagine bringing a kitten to the mall, the thing was probably two to three months old, and if you've ever had a kitten that young, you know how much they love to explore everything and anything.

The girl apologized and complimented me on my hair colour. I was so stunned, I wish I'd thought to ask her why she brought her kitten. It was such a cutie pie though, tabby with white socks, I'm glad she brought it. I love cats. :inlove:

(Also, my mom told me we're going to go get out cats back next weekend. They've been in a kennel-type place for over two years now, because we were stuck in a no-pets apt for a while, but we just moved. Yay for kitties!)

NightDaemon
October 17th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Kitties <3

rileysmama32208
October 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM
awwww how cute! my cats love to play with long hair... unfortunately they're not little and you head will get yanked back or tangled, lol.

Vitalai
October 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Awww! That's too cute!

dancingmegs
October 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Aww, how cute! Aren't kittens just the most precious ever! :inlove:

My boyfriend's cat loves my hair. It's cute...until he starts chewing on the braid, or rolling around in it. :rolleyes:

missbexy
October 18th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Haha kittens and long hair cacn be such a cute but painful mix.
We've just got a new kitten and he every once in a while he just seems to think it's time to attack my hair. I think he tried to burrow into it to go to sleep last night :rolleyes:

Katahdin
October 18th, 2008, 03:10 AM
My cats used to sleep on my hair. And on my wool sweaters, and under my bed's duvet, and on the air vent when the heat was on... :rolleyes:

Anywhere warm, I guess.

missbexy
October 18th, 2008, 03:13 AM
I have long haired cats, I guess that's why they love long hair.
Actually thinking about it Katahdin mine slept under the blanket last night after I managed to convinice it to leave my hair alone. Problem with that is it decided to attack my bf's leg while he was sleeping. Cats are so full of ulterior motives

Periwinkle
October 18th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Aww! That's adorable!

I've had my friend's cats play with my hair: one of them climbed onto my shoulder once and decided that it really, really HAD to lick my hairstick!

missbexy
October 18th, 2008, 05:20 AM
The only hairtoy related thing I can think of so far with mine is that one of my older ones used to attack a feathery hairband of mine, just used to take it off the shelf, attack it then carry it around in his mouth until I took it back off him.

mellie
October 18th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Very cute!!

My cat, when she was a kitten, loved to play in my long hair. And yes, as MissBexy says, it can be a painful mix. Also now she likes to sniff my scalp after I've hennaed, which causes her to go into crazed, attacking fits. Very weird.