PDA

View Full Version : Problem shipping to and from Canada?

Wildcat Diva
June 27th, 2016, 09:37 AM
I checked the Lady Idun page today on ETSY and found they had described a potential problem next week with shipping to and from Canada? Next week after July 2?

i didn't research it further but though you all might wanna know about it and comment here. I'm getting a package needing sent to Canada out today!

neko_kawaii
June 27th, 2016, 09:48 AM
If you use something other than USPS there shouldn't be a delay. Canada Post is planing a strike, is my understanding.

Nightshade
June 27th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Here's the email Etsy sellers got:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q-5agfKR46o/V22W388396I/AAAAAAAAE-k/qMi7vYKsTIswKNdxdjwzhzuFoHerOLfQQCLcB/s1600/Etsy-Email.jpg

Chromis
June 27th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I should caution that using UPS and FedEx will very likely result in some rather large handling fees on our side. Probably better to ask ahead! Last time we had a mail strike there was not a problem with lost mail, everything was just delayed. Delivery was pretty prompt once the strike ended. For hairtoys, that is just time waiting around in the depot, but if the package has melty things like chocolate, it might be a bit of mess by the time it arrives!

Wildcat Diva
June 27th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I just shipped my item out as soon as I heard, hopefully it will arrive and be delivered before the strike.