PDA

View Full Version : Type my hair!

polarnatt
June 27th, 2016, 07:21 AM
So, I decided to make a separate thread for this so I won't crowd anyone else's. :)

I always thought my hair dried relatively straight unless I did something to it, but as it turns out, I just treated my hair wrong - I would brush it after it had been drying for a while and together with all the damage, my hair never really showed anything other than frizz and poofing. I used to curl my hair with a curling iron the day I washed it so I never really got to know my actual texture, I just figured it was a bit wavy and mostly straight.

Now I've been experimenting with the CG routine and discovered scrunching and plopping and all that and thought my hair would still be straight and frizzy if I didn't scrunch and plop it, but I was pleasantly surprised as I watched my waves form without any assisting! I guess moisturizing it and quitting heat styling has paid off.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23711&d=1467032906

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23710&d=1467032829

And I even have two spirals in my hair on my temples, and I managed to catch the other on my phone a bit later:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23709&d=1467032811

So, what do you think? :o It's somewhere in the 2's I figure. The hair is wavier in the front and in the back the hair closest to my neck seems to be almost straight.

lapushka
June 27th, 2016, 07:25 AM
I would say a typical 2b. If you have small ringlets somewhere (nape), and I can see one in the last picture, then it might be 2c. Or else, call yourself a 2b/c if you have them occasionally, not all the time. I do. ;)

polarnatt
June 27th, 2016, 07:42 AM
I would say a typical 2b. If you have small ringlets somewhere (nape), and I can see one in the last picture, then it might be 2c. Or else, call yourself a 2b/c if you have them occasionally, not all the time. I do. ;)

Thank you! :) I think I might go with 2b, the ringlets only form right on my temples where the hair is finer than elsewhere (or at least I haven't seen any so far).

Yay :o

vampyyri
June 27th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Looks like a solid 2b!

MidnightMoon
June 27th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Very much like my own, which I classify as 2b/2c

MidnightMoon
June 27th, 2016, 08:37 AM
With longer hair you might notice the waves become less tight. While some people discover wavier hair with length, I dont experience this. The weight, bunning it, and perhaps the way I manipulate it result in straighter hair the longer it gets. I sometimes make two braids and sleep on them, and it ends up looking like my siggy pic.
Up to about BSL it looked just like yours.
I havent changed my hair type, though... not sure it reflects how my hair looks in reality.

polarnatt
June 27th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Great, thanks guys! :)

MidnightMoon, I reckon I need to consider re-typing my hair somewhere around BSL as well, that seems to be a turning point for a lot of wavies and curlies.

turtlelover
June 27th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Looks 2B to me! :-)