PDA

View Full Version : Dry brittle hair texture

sarah.she
June 26th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Hi girls,

I have been searching since ages about " how to get silky here " but i haven't come across with any useful tip for my hair
I would like to mention that my hair texture is quite dry since my puberty and i have had rebounding 2 years back .I know i have made a mistake.I should have opt for keratin or extenso. One wrong suggestion has ruined my hair but it is confirmed that i never had a silky texture.

Here is my hair care routine,

Shampoo: Kirkland moisture shampoo or loreal anti hair fall
cleansing cream: Redken twice a week
Conditioner: Natures gate, aussie 3-minute miracle, Avon 360 ,Currently i am using Loreal
deep conditioning twice a week. (Neutrogena's triple hair recovery mask or loreal deep conditioning for dry and damaged hair)
Oiling: Castor oil, almond,and coconut oil. i always need prior my hair wash. Otherwise, my hair gets brittle, dry
Home remedies :2 egg yolks

I don't use straightener, or curling wand on daily basis but i do use on parties to make my hair look manageable at least

Problem is that my hair texture is dry and rough and each hair strands is not separate (sticky togather).How can i make my hair look silky and smooth ?

Your recommendations would be highly appreciated
Thanks,
Sarah

ephemeri
June 26th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Have you ever bleached or colored your hair?

Decoy24601
June 26th, 2016, 02:11 PM
How often do you use that shampoo? That cleansing cream you mentioned is a clarifying shampoo and really doesn't need to be used more than once or twice a month probably. If you shampoo and/or clarify your hair too often it can really dry out your hair. I personally only shampoo my hair twice a week, sometimes three. I never need to use a clarifying shampoo myself. I use a solid shampoo with SLS and that usually cuts through the product within two washes. I use a normal diluted shampoo most of the time. I find that some conditioners can dry out my hair over time if I use them too often too. Personally, I find that if my hair is misbehaving, I'm using too much product. I try to only get my hair wet every other day too.

lapushka
June 26th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Hi girls,

I have been searching since ages about " how to get silky here " but i haven't come across with any useful tip for my hair
I would like to mention that my hair texture is quite dry since my puberty and i have had rebounding 2 years back .I know i have made a mistake.I should have opt for keratin or extenso. One wrong suggestion has ruined my hair but it is confirmed that i never had a silky texture.

Here is my hair care routine,

Shampoo: Kirkland moisture shampoo or loreal anti hair fall
cleansing cream: Redken twice a week
Conditioner: Natures gate, aussie 3-minute miracle, Avon 360 ,Currently i am using Loreal
deep conditioning twice a week. (Neutrogena's triple hair recovery mask or loreal deep conditioning for dry and damaged hair)
Oiling: Castor oil, almond,and coconut oil. i always need prior my hair wash. Otherwise, my hair gets brittle, dry
Home remedies :2 egg yolks

I don't use straightener, or curling wand on daily basis but i do use on parties to make my hair look manageable at least

Problem is that my hair texture is dry and rough and each hair strands is not separate (sticky togather).How can i make my hair look silky and smooth ?

Your recommendations would be highly appreciated
Thanks,
Sarah

That treatment might not have been the best. Do you heat style? Blow dryer on cool/warm is fine, but not hot tools.

I might encourage you try the CWC method (condition-wash-condition). There's a whole thread on this. Or the WCC method (wash-condition-condition). Also, has your hair always been dry or is that something of the last few years?

Also, that "egg" treatment is no good. Egg protein is too big to be able to penetrate the hair strand, so it's useless. Rather try and find a conditioner that says "hydrolized" keratin, or something else "hydrolized".

MINAKO
June 26th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Rebonding and extenso are both pretty harsh on hair. It might look great at first but most hair will dry out, frizz and break over time. It also has a tendency to be stiff and lack shine. There's not much you can do about it until its fully grown out but at least frquent oling and protein treatments as well as protective styles can prevent breakage until its long enough to be cut.
Best protein treatment in the market is still redken extreme imo. Kerastase vita ciment ampoules are also a great product to make hair stronger and sleeker. But all of these can only work so well, never truly change the texture.
I often see people assuming its a matter of the right care to get this and that, but certain goals are just too far from the own hairtype. I'm naturally wavy with alot of frizz, there's nonwsy on earth incould naturally achieve big bouncy curls or style them without causing damge over time.
Everyone has a different hairtype and there are medically classified hair abnormalities like pilinannulati or monilethrix that can partially contribute to individual texture.

littlestarface
June 26th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Rebonding and extenso are both pretty harsh on hair. It might look great at first but most hair will dry out, frizz and break over time. It also has a tendency to be stiff and lack shine. There's not much you can do about it until its fully grown out but at least frquent oling and protein treatments as well as protective styles can prevent breakage until its long enough to be cut.
Best protein treatment in the market is still redken extreme imo. Kerastase vita ciment ampoules are also a great product to make hair stronger and sleeker. But all of these can only work so well, never truly change the texture.
I often see people assuming its a matter of the right care to get this and that, but certain goals are just too far from the own hairtype. I'm naturally wavy with alot of frizz, there's nonwsy on earth incould naturally achieve big bouncy curls or style them without causing damge over time.
Everyone has a different hairtype and there are medically classified hair abnormalities like pilinannulati or monilethrix that can partially contribute to individual texture.

Is there a specific redkin extreme to use like conditioner or treatment? I wanna get this.
Are these the stuff you said?
https://www.amazon.com/Redken-Extreme-Protein-Reconstructing-Treatment/dp/B000JF9Q1U

https://www.amazon.com/Kerastase-Resistance-Concentre-Vita-Ciment-Reconstructive/dp/B00456YRRW/ref=pd_sim_194_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41ICs%2BoTfcL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=WX1NHH3FG4DT1B5QH41J

MINAKO
June 26th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Yes the spray is great as well since it doesn't need to be rinses but theres a mask in a jar too from the same line.
The kerastase ampoules where the only thing that helped when my hair was really badly chemically damaged, it started to break all off but stopped after two uses, needless to say my hair still wasn't nice but at least there to make a bun.

sarah.she
June 26th, 2016, 06:13 PM
No i havn't :(

sarah.she
June 26th, 2016, 06:17 PM
How often do you use that shampoo? That cleansing cream you mentioned is a clarifying shampoo and really doesn't need to be used more than once or twice a month probably. If you shampoo and/or clarify your hair too often it can really dry out your hair. I personally only shampoo my hair twice a week, sometimes three. I never need to use a clarifying shampoo myself. I use a solid shampoo with SLS and that usually cuts through the product within two washes. I use a normal diluted shampoo most of the time. I find that some conditioners can dry out my hair over time if I use them too often too. Personally, I find that if my hair is misbehaving, I'm using too much product. I try to only get my hair wet every other day too.

sorry i am not good in english so i have made a mistake :S
i used cleansing cream twice in a month if i see any buildup in my hair or feel like i need to cleanse my hair.Only if i have used mousse, or hair spray

sarah.she
June 26th, 2016, 06:23 PM
That treatment might not have been the best. Do you heat style? Blow dryer on cool/warm is fine, but not hot tools.

I might encourage you try the CWC method (condition-wash-condition). There's a whole thread on this. Or the WCC method (wash-condition-condition). Also, has your hair always been dry or is that something of the last few years?

Also, that "egg" treatment is no good. Egg protein is too big to be able to penetrate the hair strand, so it's useless. Rather try and find a conditioner that says "hydrolized" keratin, or something else "hydrolized".

I dont use blow drier often.Perhaps once in a month if needed.And yes, i set it on cool or warm.
Yes, i was reading Co-washing thread and seems good for my hair :).Many thanks for your suggestion :)
I will definitely look up for hydrolized keratin.Would you like to suggest which brand would be better ?

sarah.she
June 26th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Have you ever bleached or colored your hair?

No i have not

littlestarface
June 27th, 2016, 12:51 AM
Yes the spray is great as well since it doesn't need to be rinses but theres a mask in a jar too from the same line.
The kerastase ampoules where the only thing that helped when my hair was really badly chemically damaged, it started to break all off but stopped after two uses, needless to say my hair still wasn't nice but at least there to make a bun.

Thanks, I wanna make sure I get the right one that works great.

Anje
June 27th, 2016, 01:06 PM
For what it's worth (and your hair may be very different): proteins like keratin make my hair feel more hard, stiff, rough, and brittle. I need to avoid them and focus on moisture more when my hair feels dry, in order for it to be soft, silky, and flexible. However, I have not had the treatments like rebonding that you have had, and those might make your hair have a greater need for protein.

lapushka
June 27th, 2016, 02:36 PM
I dont use blow drier often.Perhaps once in a month if needed.And yes, i set it on cool or warm.
Yes, i was reading Co-washing thread and seems good for my hair :).Many thanks for your suggestion :)
I will definitely look up for hydrolized keratin.Would you like to suggest which brand would be better ?

I don't really have a brand recommendation, sorry. :flower: I think it will come down to you reading a lot of ingredients lists in the future. ;)