PDA

View Full Version : Hair product ingredient question

Tosca
June 24th, 2016, 11:34 PM
I recently bought some hair oil (Oil Essentials - Sweet Almond and Macadamia from Aldi) and I love how it makes my hair super soft and silky.

My question is: does it have silicones or something similar in it, or is this the effect of the actual oils?

The ingredients are: Diheptyl Succinate, jojoba seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, macadamia seed oil, sweet almond oil, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene and Linalool. Except for the names of the oils, this is how they are written out on the bottle and packet, including order and commas

Decoy24601
June 24th, 2016, 11:41 PM
I don't recognize any silicones in that ingredient list.

It looks like the Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acic and Diheptyl Succinate will have similar effects as silicones from a quick google search. Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool are all fragrances if I remember correctly.

kuroi
June 24th, 2016, 11:43 PM
No cones as far I can tell, but I just google diheptyl succinate as its the first ingredient and it says it an alternative to silicones. So maybe that's the reason.

lapushka
June 25th, 2016, 03:01 AM
My question is: does it have silicones or something similar in it, or is this the effect of the actual oils?

The ingredients are: Diheptyl Succinate, jojoba seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, macadamia seed oil, sweet almond oil, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene and Linalool. Except for the names of the oils, this is how they are written out on the bottle and packet, including order and commas

Nope, no silicones. Looks like a great product, to me at least.

And they may have similar "effects", but that doesn't make them silicones.

Stepo_NiNha
June 25th, 2016, 05:38 AM
No cones but I think (not sure) the copolymer thing is a cationic polymer that works like a silicone. Many conditioners have those cationic polymers. Though, I think you bought a great product!

lapushka
June 25th, 2016, 05:40 AM
You said it's from Aldi, but what brand is it? I'm curious and like to know what's available in the world (what part of the world are you)?

Tosca
June 25th, 2016, 06:06 AM
http://oilessentialsbeauty.com/products/ is their website, I have the prevent stuff

It seems to be available in American Walmart stores, if that's where you are. I live a few hours south of Brisbane, in Australia

lapushka
June 25th, 2016, 06:09 AM
http://oilessentialsbeauty.com/products/ is their website, I have the prevent stuff

It seems to be available in American Walmart stores, if that's where you are. I live a few hours south of Brisbane, in Australia

Ah, thanks! :) No, I'm in Belgium. I asked out of curiosity, not that I wanted the serum myself (I have plenty from Aldi, but that brand name is Kyrell in Belgium). So, that's why I asked. To compare. I like comparing notes as far as Aldi products go. ;) :p

Tosca
June 25th, 2016, 06:19 AM
Do you have their lacura makeup too? The foundation is too dark for me, but I really like their lipsticks

lapushka
June 25th, 2016, 06:48 AM
Do you have their lacura makeup too? The foundation is too dark for me, but I really like their lipsticks

In this country it's called "Biocura" not Lacura. ;) But yes, we do have a make-up range. No foundation, though. Just lipgloss, lipstick, powder, blush, mascara, and nail polish (even a clear topcoat).

I love the lipglosses and the nail polish is amazing too (esp. the topcoat). And I have 2 of their most nude lipsticks, awesome! Haven't tried the mascara out, because I don't use that anymore. And powder is too drying on my dry skin.

Tosca
June 25th, 2016, 08:09 AM
I think you're right, what Aldi's sell in different countries /is/ interesting. We don't have nail polish or mascara. I wonder why that is... I think perhaps why we have foundation and bronzer is because where I live, a lot of young people wear cakeface makeup (thick liquid foundation with powder, like for stage), but in Belgium maybe people wear less makeup or less/no foundation? Hmmm I think this would make a great sociological study

lapushka
June 25th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I think you're right, what Aldi's sell in different countries /is/ interesting. We don't have nail polish or mascara. I wonder why that is... I think perhaps why we have foundation and bronzer is because where I live, a lot of young people wear cakeface makeup (thick liquid foundation with powder, like for stage), but in Belgium maybe people wear less makeup or less/no foundation? Hmmm I think this would make a great sociological study

Yeah, LOL. No, I am intrigued by this as well. It's so odd. Aldi & Lidl both source local products, maybe it's to do with that as well. BTW, I have an Aldi/Lidl thread, should you be interested, because I'm going way off-topic in your thread, aren't I? :lol:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=136548

Tosca
June 25th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Off topic off shmopic!

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a read 😊

By the way, thankyou everyone for answering me, you have been very helpful *hugs emoticon*

lapushka
June 25th, 2016, 08:57 AM
:lol:

Oh, you're welcome! :D