PDA

View Full Version : How long was your hair when you first joined LHC?

nakima
June 24th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Hi All, I was just going through the threads and enjoying all your posts/pix and I started thinking about how far I've come in approx. 5 years here. It seemed to be a slow process for me but I started at APL and I am now just below TBL with a few tiny trims and lots of S&Ding along the way ha! I am now on my way to classic thanks to all of you here with all your support and great advice. The reason I started this thread is because I have noticed that some of you have been here a very long time. So I thought it would be fun to share where we started and how far we have come. I know most do this on their anniversary but thought it would be nice for all of us who either missed their anniversaries or just feel like sharing a part of their journey. :)

papayatree
June 24th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I was a pixie, still hasnt grown really long, because I have only been here 7 months.

Anje
June 24th, 2016, 12:45 PM
27 inches. Just past BSL, though I'd been growing out from a shoulder-length chop.

I've done some maintaining and a few bigger chops back to hip or so over the years since I joined. On the other hand, all my hair is post-LHC hair now, and considerably more well-behaved.

ETA: mine is about fingertip length right now. I'm not sure if I'll stop growing soon or try for knee. The ends are perpetually thin for my taste, and maintaining doesn't seem to help that for me.

lillielil
June 24th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Between shoulder and APL. 10 years ago.

lithostoic
June 24th, 2016, 12:56 PM
I'm still a newbie but when I joined, my hair was horrendous. All kinds of layers, intentional and not, fried with bleach, just bad. Shortest layers were cheek length and some underneath layers were only a few inches long where I cut them off with scissors. There was no salvaging that hair. In December I cut to CBL to even things out, and now I'm closing in on BSL c:

lapushka
June 24th, 2016, 12:57 PM
About APL, I think, but I went back to chin twice in the 11 years I've been here, and it took me about 10 years in all to get to classic (goal reached last year, so that's 10 years).

pili
June 24th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I was collarbone length and I'm not much longer now. Too many trims and bleaching stalled my length. Now I'm healthy and color free, so I'm looking forward to seeing if I reach my goal by age 45.

Pearly~91
June 24th, 2016, 01:16 PM
I was at about APL when I joined 4 years ago. My last short haircut was 5 years ago, at about nape/14 inches thus my starting stat.

Estrid
June 24th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I was just above my shoulders when I joined, my hair is considerably longer now, almost waist, but I will be cutting back some tomorrow (probably up to 8 cm). I haven't really cut my hair since before I joined lhc (+ I haven't been as protective of it as I should), so I will give it some fresh ends and hopefully get a hair with a little less apparent damage.

sakuraemily
June 24th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Its been six years since I joined LHC and that's counting my three year hiatus during my master's degree. I started with shoulder length and got it own to mid back, with a lot of encouragement from this lovely community and I had smooth and nice virgin hair.
It didn't however look waterfally and I got disappointed and experimental, cutting down to a bob. Also got busy and stopped frequenting LHC. Now, that bob suited me well but maintenance was a pain and I damaged the hair a bit with a lot of straightening so it would look perfect. Then I got layers that looked nice till they grew out.
By now, I'd realised that my hair straightened out only at APL and looked the way I liked it till a little beyond BSL, so that's where I could keep it safely without feeling the need to damage much and I can also use my hair sticks.
So, here I am again, frequenting these boards.

xbanannax
June 24th, 2016, 01:33 PM
I have been here about 6 months. I started at WL, i think, and am currently between HL and TBL.

Cg
June 24th, 2016, 05:18 PM
About bottom of BSL I think, almost 5 months ago. Started growing from a pixie at the end of 2012 though.

Like others, my hair health improved dramatically after joining LHC.

nakima
June 24th, 2016, 06:08 PM
It's so interesting listening to everyone's stories.I just love this site! I'm not sure but I think it's taken me about 5 years to grow approx. 16 inches ( it could be more:undecided) but my hair was colored and I only started growing that out 1 1/2 years ago so there is still old damage that I have been dealing with but my hair seems to be a lot better with all the help I've gotten from all of you :grouphug:

lapis_lazuli
June 24th, 2016, 06:24 PM
About waist-hip length I think? :)

Nadine <3
June 24th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Collar bone I think? With heavy layers.

ShDiHa
June 24th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Just below my chin.

MlleMC
June 24th, 2016, 07:23 PM
I haven't been here all that long, so my hair has only grown about 3 inches in that time, just recently passing classic. But it does look much better than it used to, and I wear much more varied styles now!

And I'd been growing it for 5 years before, starting around chin length.

RainbowBowser
June 24th, 2016, 07:27 PM
My 3 year hair-iversary is coming up soon actually, and I was just thinking about this.
I started somewhere around APL. As for the rest of the hair story I'll save for next month. :)

Ashflower89
June 24th, 2016, 07:30 PM
I was growing out a pixie, somewhere between pixie and bob, about ear length. I goofed and cut another one later, but I'm halfway between shoulder and APL now.

pailin
June 24th, 2016, 07:49 PM
27 inches for me, BSL. But it's only been about a year so far.

missmagoo
June 24th, 2016, 07:52 PM
I've been here 8 years, but I've had quite a few chops back up to BSL along the way. I was 23 inches when I started, and I surpassed my original goal (finally! Geez!) of waist a few months ago. I kept getting frustrated with my hair at mid-back length and chopping it back to BSL, now that I'm past waist I love my hair long again and plan to keep growing:)

Frankenstein
June 24th, 2016, 07:59 PM
I was about classic length when I joined, maybe a slight bit above.

Lucy Elizabeth
June 24th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Mid back length for me!

Magalo
June 24th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Very layered and damaged BSL

CurlyCap
June 24th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Chin? Now thigh, just past classic. 5 years.

But my hair grows a lot more slowly now that my health has changed. So who knows what's ahead.

Tosca
June 24th, 2016, 11:22 PM
I joined about... 3 years ago(?) just after my hair was cut from bcl back to waist to get rid of all the damage from wearing it in a low ponytail with once a year trims from age 12 to age 17ish? (my memory of my teenage years is often unclear which is why I'm not 100% on ages). After I joined I started wearing it up in buns to protect the length from backpacks and chair etc which really helped.

I'm now 2 inches away from classic (curse my low hips) at age 20

maskedrose
June 24th, 2016, 11:45 PM
When I joined nearly 9 years ago my hair was between shoulder and APL, and highlighted. I continued to highlight for 6 or 7 years, which significantly affected my growth. I hovered between BSL and waist for years, because every time I'd try and grow longer my damaged ends would turn into a cotton candy mess. I finally decided to grow out my natural color about two and a half years ago, and it's made a HUGE difference. I chopped back to BSL two years ago, and with frequent trims I'm now closing in on BCL with happy ends. I'll maintain at BCL until it's all virgin and see where I want to go from there.

Silverbrumby
June 25th, 2016, 12:37 AM
I think i joined about 5 years ago at 25 inches. I am a short terminal and now I'm at an all time record length of 30 inches . A few strands at 30.

My hair is now in the best condition of its life and I'm so happy to not have the frizz ball it use to be.

ashke50
June 25th, 2016, 01:15 AM
When I joined LHC just over 5 years ago I was nearly at waist. Now I've reached knee, and my hair and scalp are in much better condition. Time flies!

Hairkay
June 25th, 2016, 01:41 AM
I joined last year. I started with BSL, I'm currently MBL almost at waist now.

hayheadsbird
June 25th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Only joined a couple of months ago at almost APL. Just past APL now and growing on. I've been growing out a short bob since late 2014 though. Hopefully BSL by 2017.

butterflybutton
June 25th, 2016, 02:06 AM
I started with a short pixie cut, and now I'm closing in on waist

restless
June 25th, 2016, 03:00 AM
I came here with APL hair 3,5 years ago and now Im almost TBL. To get rid of damage Ive been microtrimming quite a lot during these years though.

Shepherdess
June 25th, 2016, 03:22 AM
This is interesting reading where everyone was at, and their progress!! :)

I think my hair was around classic length when I joined in 2012. I grew it past mid-thigh, then cut it back to classic due to a big shed and thinning (mostly in 2014), but this last year (2015) I finally reached mid-thigh again, though still need a few more inches and thickness to get back to where I was at before my shed. I'm thankful I have had this place to go to for so much encouragement and help in growing my hair. :)

PoysinIvy
June 25th, 2016, 05:33 AM
APL in 2010, currently midback. I fell into some stupid and slipped away from healthy hair care for a few years, but I'm better now.

brookse
June 25th, 2016, 05:38 AM
I've only been here a few weeks (I'm growing out a still mostly bleached hair lob), but I've gotten from just brushing collarbone to about a solid inch and a half past :)

Nique1202
June 25th, 2016, 06:23 AM
When I first started browsing the forum I still had my pixie and was thinking about growing it out, but when I signed up I was back to a bob. Now I'm just past tailbone at mid-bum, and I should reach classic some time between December and February, about 6 years since I first got the pixie cut in. Classic was my original dream goal, that I never thought I'd actually REALLY want or be able to grow to. Now I'm gazing longingly at knee length... but tailbone-to-classic definitely feels like a good backup range. :whistle:

nakima
June 25th, 2016, 11:17 AM
This is interesting reading where everyone was at, and their progress!! :)

I think my hair was around classic length when I joined in 2012. I grew it past mid-thigh, then cut it back to classic due to a big shed and thinning (mostly in 2014), but this last year (2015) I finally reached mid-thigh again, though still need a few more inches and thickness to get back to where I was at before my shed. I'm thankful I have had this place to go to for so much encouragement and help in growing my hair. :)

I think it's interesting also, Especially those who have reached their goals then cut back and reached them again and some in a very short time.

sommer
June 25th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Hi All, I was just going through the threads and enjoying all your posts/pix and I started thinking about how far I've come in approx. 5 years here. It seemed to be a slow process for me but I started at APL and I am now just below TBL with a few tiny trims and lots of S&Ding along the way ha! I am now on my way to classic thanks to all of you here with all your support and great advice. The reason I started this thread is because I have noticed that some of you have been here a very long time. So I thought it would be fun to share where we started and how far we have come. I know most do this on their anniversary but thought it would be nice for all of us who either missed their anniversaries or just feel like sharing a part of their journey. :)

I'm not an old member, I joined here only several months ago, it's almost the same with my decision about growing the long hair again :)
Starting from my teenage years I preferred the short haircuts, my hair usually looked like on this picture :)

http://hairstylezz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Sparkling-Amber-Edges-650x650.jpg

Now it became a little longer which is ok, considering the really small period of growing

http://hairstylezz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Choppy-Balayage-Lob-650x650.jpg

I'm satisfied with the result, try to do my best with not damaging my hair anymore :) And I dream now about growing it till my hips again, like it was in my far childhood years :rolleyes: I want to also try so many cool ideas for styling the long hair, like in this gallery (http://hairstylezz.com/best-prom-hairstyles-long-hair/11/) fro example :) I remember from my childhood that such styles always perfectly fit me :rolleyes:

nakima
June 25th, 2016, 11:25 AM
When I first started browsing the forum I still had my pixie and was thinking about growing it out, but when I signed up I was back to a bob. Now I'm just past tailbone at mid-bum, and I should reach classic some time between December and February, about 6 years since I first got the pixie cut in. Classic was my original dream goal, that I never thought I'd actually REALLY want or be able to grow to. Now I'm gazing longingly at knee length... but tailbone-to-classic definitely feels like a good backup range. :whistle:

Nique1202, You and I joined about the same time and my hair was at apl and now I am hoping to reach classic by December also and it could take a little longer? It just goes to show how some peoples hair takes a little longer to grow or maybe I had to trim and s&d a little more. My hair is mid-bum also so we are neck and neck lol! Good luck in reaching your goal soon! Great growth so far :)

Nique1202
June 25th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Nique1202, You and I joined about the same time and my hair was at apl and now I am hoping to reach classic by December also and it could take a little longer? It just goes to show how some peoples hair takes a little longer to grow or maybe I had to trim and s&d a little more. My hair is mid-bum also so we are neck and neck lol! Good luck in reaching your goal soon! Great growth so far :)

Until last year my hair was growing about 9 inches a year, and I have a very short torso, so I cheated. :laugh: Now I'm not likely to grow any more (except outward) but my hair growth slowed down to a thoroughly average 6 inches a year just in time for me to face the abyss of my long legs. Here's hoping we both get to classic sooner than later!

Silverbrumby
June 25th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Amazing. In 5 years I've gained 5 inches and others have had feet added! Lol. Genetics.

nakima
June 25th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Amazing. In 5 years I've gained 5 inches and others have had feet added! Lol. Genetics.

I know isn't it crazy! I recently just in the past 6 months have stopped micro trimming and I am only s&ding when I feel I really need to and I am getting more growth, for the longest time I felt in order to get my hair healthy I had to keep doing that, then with the advice of a few long time LHCers I stopped and I am now leaving it alone I think I was only getting 4 or 5 inches a year before so I can't wait to see what the end of this year brings as well as the years to come:)

nakima
June 25th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Until last year my hair was growing about 9 inches a year, and I have a very short torso, so I cheated. :laugh: Now I'm not likely to grow any more (except outward) but my hair growth slowed down to a thoroughly average 6 inches a year just in time for me to face the abyss of my long legs. Here's hoping we both get to classic sooner than later!

9 inches that's amazing! I have a long torso as well as legs so I feel it's taking me forever ha! I plan on staying at classic for a little while then go from there? we'll see :)

Vanilla
June 25th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I was a bit longer than shoulder length when I joined in 2011. I'm now around TBL, and I've been trimming along the way. I had one micro-chop when I reached hip back to waist due to very dry, tangly and breaking ends. I'm now at TBL, and I'm maintaining to thicken up my ends.

My original goal was waist, and now it's classic.

Kendrix
June 25th, 2016, 07:52 PM
I was waist when I first found LHC in the summer of 2014. For some reason it was a long time before the site would allow me to make my own account though, and by that December I was about hip.

The discovery was just after this pic was taken at my college graduation in may 2014 (torrinpaige had just taught me rag curls).

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah39/knm37504/Mobile%20Uploads/10349223_10152853306604992_1411135068221745752_n_z pst63q6pm2.jpg (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/knm37504/media/Mobile%20Uploads/10349223_10152853306604992_1411135068221745752_n_z pst63q6pm2.jpg.html)

This one was in august after I started lurking. I remember I held my hair up with an orange stick for this whole vacation because I had just learned a bun and had no sticks.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah39/knm37504/Mobile%20Uploads/10516681_10153055254839992_4057227955153043466_n_z ps8dxewh5w.jpg (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/knm37504/media/Mobile%20Uploads/10516681_10153055254839992_4057227955153043466_n_z ps8dxewh5w.jpg.html)

AmberJewel
June 25th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Mine was somewhere between shoulder and APL when I first joined. I distinctly remember trying to put my hair into 2 braids for bed and just barely being able to tie them together under my chin... I think the motivation for this had something to do with hearing that it's bad to roll on your braids in your sleep? :)

TheLuckyLurker
June 25th, 2016, 09:33 PM
I was at pixie length when I joined in '09, grew to almost tailbone, and a couple months ago I got fed up with it and chopped it back to apl, which I'm very happy with for the time being.

Silverbrumby
June 26th, 2016, 01:01 AM
I know isn't it crazy! I recently just in the past 6 months have stopped micro trimming and I am only s&ding when I feel I really need to and I am getting more growth, for the longest time I felt in order to get my hair healthy I had to keep doing that, then with the advice of a few long time LHCers I stopped and I am now leaving it alone I think I was only getting 4 or 5 inches a year before so I can't wait to see what the end of this year brings as well as the years to come:)

Im only s and d ing now as well nakima. It's helping. Before i was trimming 4 inches a year I think and having no gains.

nakima
June 26th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I was waist when I first found LHC in the summer of 2014. For some reason it was a long time before the site would allow me to make my own account though, and by that December I was about hip.

The discovery was just after this pic was taken at my college graduation in may 2014 (torrinpaige had just taught me rag curls).

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah39/knm37504/Mobile%20Uploads/10349223_10152853306604992_1411135068221745752_n_z pst63q6pm2.jpg (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/knm37504/media/Mobile%20Uploads/10349223_10152853306604992_1411135068221745752_n_z pst63q6pm2.jpg.html)

This one was in august after I started lurking. I remember I held my hair up with an orange stick for this whole vacation because I had just learned a bun and had no sticks.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah39/knm37504/Mobile%20Uploads/10516681_10153055254839992_4057227955153043466_n_z ps8dxewh5w.jpg (http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/knm37504/media/Mobile%20Uploads/10516681_10153055254839992_4057227955153043466_n_z ps8dxewh5w.jpg.html)

Kendrix, your hair is lovely, great job growing! and I have to tell you I love that dress!

Simsy
June 28th, 2016, 05:53 AM
I originally joined nearly 2 years ago, though I only posted a few times before vanishing for a year. I think I was bsl or just past when I first joined and just above waist when I really starting getting involved. I'm now nearly bcl, had to trim a couple of millimetres off a few weeks ago.
Original goal was tailbone. That has now been modified to tailbone unstretched, so about classic when wet (I hope).

gossamer
June 28th, 2016, 05:59 AM
This was my first length shot for LHC:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21586&d=1455798888

Kendrix
June 28th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Wow gossamer. Your hair is so much shorter than we see now. This is a cool thread. I like blasts from the past.

Thanks nakima! I love that dress too, but it doesn't fit me anymore. So much has changed in so little time. Mostly my hair, but other things too.

nakima
June 28th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Wow! Gossamer your hair is so gorgeous! I could sure use some tips from you ha! Have you ever cut your hair? so pretty :thud: :applause

brickworld13
June 28th, 2016, 12:50 PM
This was a couple weeks before joining LHC.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15787&d=1423183543

gossamer
June 28th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Wow gossamer. Your hair is so much shorter than we see now. This is a cool thread. I like blasts from the past.

Yeah, it really does look short to me now too!

Wow! Gossamer your hair is so gorgeous! I could sure use some tips from you ha! Have you ever cut your hair? so pretty :thud: :applause

Thanks, nakima! Rather than just guess what kinds of tips might help you, mind if I direct you to my community anniversary thread from April? I answered a ton of questions with details about my routine, styles, and experiences with different lengths: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137282 If you still have questions that no one asked there, I'd be happy to try and explain more.

Agnes Hannah
June 28th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I was APL now I am Tailbone heading for Classic hopefully by Christmas. I'm 50 and plan to grow more.

trolleypup
June 29th, 2016, 12:19 AM
52 inches, promptly dropped into a years long stall at 53".

truepeacenik
June 29th, 2016, 12:26 AM
52 inches, promptly dropped into a years long stall at 53".
But you came out of it!
I recall many of your posts where you were trying to accept that this might be it.
Glad you didn't.

DreamSheep
June 29th, 2016, 05:02 AM
I joined Summer 2014, and I was somewhere around or past hip. It was about 34 inches if I remember correctly
Now I'm at classic (slightly past it), at around 43 inches. I trimmed about 3 inches-ish (didn't really measure, but it was a long, thin scraggly-ish layer) at the beginning of 2015 and stubbornly haven't bothered to trim since

DaveDecker
June 29th, 2016, 12:31 PM
About mid-to-upper calf length.

nakima
June 29th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Wow! Do you have pix? Would love to see it.Is it that long now? I have never seen a man with hair that long! That's awesome!

brickworld13
June 29th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Wow! Do you have pix? Would love to see it.Is it that long now? I have never seen a man with hair that long! That's awesome!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732

Stray_mind
June 29th, 2016, 01:52 PM
About an inch shorter than Shoulder lenght.

nakima
June 29th, 2016, 05:42 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732

Thanks brickworld13 I have visited this thread before and it's so awesome! Im not a big fan of short hair on men ha! so I love seeing all these long hairs lol! I have just not ever seen calf length on a man before. I did take a look at DaveDeckers profile pic and his hair is soo long anyway just lovin it :)

nakima
June 29th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Thank you Gossamer! I checked out your videos, very informative and a joy to watch :)

trolleypup
June 29th, 2016, 06:37 PM
But you came out of it!
I recall many of your posts where you were trying to accept that this might be it.
Glad you didn't.
Benign neglect and ignoring it...until Dianyla asked it it was longer...

Thanks brickworld13 I have visited this thread before and it's so awesome! Im not a big fan of short hair on men ha! so I love seeing all these long hairs lol! I have just not ever seen calf length on a man before. I did take a look at DaveDeckers profile pic and his hair is soo long anyway just lovin it :)
There are a number of us here.

(sorry, old siggy picture)

adrenaline
June 30th, 2016, 04:29 AM
I joined LHC in October 2015 and then my hair was almost at waist. Now I'm a bit past waist, not much though. I went two times to a hairdresser for a cut, the main difference is that my tips are healthy now. So i improved the condition of my hair and now i can happily grow them further (hip is my goal length) :o

DaveDecker
June 30th, 2016, 04:50 AM

Thank you, nakima! :) It is also nice to read that you appreciate long hair on men; too often in real life my findings have been the opposite.

If you'd like to see more pictures of me with my hair down, they can be found sprinkled throughout threads in the Meet Forum and in my blog (mini-meets not reported in the Meets Forum).

samanthaa
June 30th, 2016, 07:37 AM
I haven't been here that long, only about seven months, but I joined with hair that was just shy of waist, and about a week ago I trimmed hair that was slightly shy of hip :) After my trim I'm about two inches past waist.

Kaelbu
June 30th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I joined June 2014, at BSL.

Now, in June 2016, I'm just reaching BSL again.

The longest I've gotten in that time was waist, but I had mostly bleach damage with a couple of inches (tops) of chemical dye roots when I joined. I've been trimming the bleach off, usually waiting for it to feel damaged and then taking off a chunk at a time. Last cut was in October, and it took me to APL. I still have a tiny bit of bleach on my ends, which I'll trim off in one go when it gets long enough for me to be able to use hair sticks without that inch or two of hair!

JustPam
June 30th, 2016, 08:35 AM
I was BSL/26", hit waist/32" around this time last year and am still there due to trimming out overprocessed ends. Can't quite believe I've been here 2 years. Hopefully going to reach hip by year 3 :D

Mademoiselle
June 30th, 2016, 08:39 AM
I've been here almost seven months nothing else, but took 2 years (more or less)reading the forum and letting my hair grow from the shoulders.
Between here at the waist but in January I had to cut 6 / 7cm away, now I'm 1cm to waist again (I did microtim more times since January) so my length is like when I enter in LHC, but with a strong and healthy hemline =)

endlessly
June 30th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I had just been through a series of extremely unfortunate botched haircuts and came here looking for support and some tips of growing it back as quickly as possible. My hair varied from shoulder-length to waist in super choppy layers courtesy of a stylist's mistake, so it was really, really bad! Thankfully, I've more than recovered and it is currently at classic length once again.

Eas693
June 30th, 2016, 12:55 PM
I am a newbie, and I am a shorty. I don't even know what to call it. It's a wanky pixie I am growing out. So some pieces are at the top of my years and some pieces are near the bottom.

nakima
June 30th, 2016, 01:27 PM
I am a newbie, and I am a shorty. I don't even know what to call it. It's a wanky pixie I am growing out. So some pieces are at the top of my years and some pieces are near the bottom.

welcome Eas693! and happy growing! you are in the right place if you want to become a hair farmer :) lots of wonderful people here with awesome advice to help you along the way.

nakima
June 30th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Benign neglect and ignoring it...until Dianyla asked it it was longer...

There are a number of us here.

(sorry, old siggy picture)

Trolleypup, I have been admiring your hair for quite sometime. Very nice :)

nakima
June 30th, 2016, 01:32 PM
I joined LHC in October 2015 and then my hair was almost at waist. Now I'm a bit past waist, not much though. I went two times to a hairdresser for a cut, the main difference is that my tips are healthy now. So i improved the condition of my hair and now i can happily grow them further (hip is my goal length) :o

your off to a great start Adrenaline. Happy growing!

nakima
June 30th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Thank you, nakima! :) It is also nice to read that you appreciate long hair on men; too often in real life my findings have been the opposite.

If you'd like to see more pictures of me with my hair down, they can be found sprinkled throughout threads in the Meet Forum and in my blog (mini-meets not reported in the Meets Forum).
Thank you I will be sure to out your blog. I have never been on the meet forum will check that out to.

laceyfairy
June 30th, 2016, 11:08 PM
About chin length. Now it's classic+

turtlelover
June 30th, 2016, 11:14 PM
I have no clue, honestly. Probably not very long. I don't think I was ever much past shoulder at the point in time when I joined.

neko_kawaii
June 30th, 2016, 11:39 PM
Waist length.

Ellethwyn
June 30th, 2016, 11:46 PM
About .5-1 inch from waist.

celtic
July 23rd, 2016, 02:15 AM
just joined a week ago, my hair is between waist and hip length and in inches it is 33 inches.

Agnieszka
July 23rd, 2016, 06:17 AM
Short but damaged. Now short but healthy.

Tosca
July 23rd, 2016, 06:29 AM
Waist, I think.

HairPlease
July 23rd, 2016, 07:10 AM
Shoulder-CBL, somewhere in that awkward phase. I joined out of desperation for help and support so I wouldn't whack it all off. LOL

TatsuOni
July 23rd, 2016, 07:12 AM
Around BSL if I look at pictures from that time. Though I didn't activate my acount right away...

Johannah
July 23rd, 2016, 07:14 AM
APL-ish (shorter, maybe?). 22" anyway.

browneyedsusan
July 23rd, 2016, 07:24 AM
longish pixie.

I had been growing a whopping 6 weeks when I joined. It felt "long and shaggy".

Groovy Granny
July 23rd, 2016, 10:01 AM
I was just brushing the top of my shoulders when I joined in Sept. 2013.
I started at chin length the January before and had a few trims by the end of April.
In May I started lurking around LHC and was inspired to stop trimming.
I joined the forum that Fall when my silver and layers became a challenge, and may not have completed the journey without all your help :grouphug:

nakima
July 23rd, 2016, 12:15 PM
Groovy Granny what an awesome journey. I feel the same way, everyone here has been so supportive and inspirational :) I love your avatar btw :)

Groovy Granny
July 23rd, 2016, 12:22 PM
Thanks nakima :)

Sparklylady82
July 23rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
I joined two years ago at APL. In that time I grew to waist but cut back to shoulder/APL area this March. I only wanted to cut back to BSL due to damage but the stylist had other plans. Now two years after my long hair journey I'm starting over at exactly the same place I began. This time I'm not using dye/bleach so I hope that helps prevent split ends and white dots!

jazzhands
July 23rd, 2016, 03:28 PM
I was between shoulder and APL with box dyed red hair. I'm now past BSL and growing out my natural brown/black! :)

ladonna
July 23rd, 2016, 05:35 PM
I came here at bsl/mbl, I can't remember which. But my hair was so damaged with splits that I had to cut it all off at shoulder length. I'm now at almost tbl almost 6 years later. In this 6 years I have had few hair mishaps and so mostly my hair has been around mbl/waist length, I also had to trim frequently until I figured out to stop damaging my ends when wearing my hair bunned. I just recently committed to growing past hip also.

DoomKitty
July 23rd, 2016, 06:04 PM
I was halfway between chin and shoulder when I joined in October last year, I'm now halfway to apl. Thanks to all the gorgeous long hairs on here my goal went from bsl-mbl to waist lol

AspenSong
July 24th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Mine was about BSL I think? Here....A pic.
On the left was about 7 months before Joining LHC - though I lurked for a month or so, reading, before joining. This was right after cutting like 6" or so of the worst bleached parts off.
On the Right is 5 months After joining up. I'd totally overhauled my hair care, and just had done a "brown cassia" (Light mountain or Rainbow can't remember which) treatment, and I'd been trimming....so it's really only a few inches longer - tops.

http://i68.tinypic.com/esrasm.jpg

Arctic
July 24th, 2016, 10:20 AM
About shoulder length. Not that much longer now, after 9 years! :laugh:

nekosan
July 24th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Terminal (between tailbone and classic). Its been terminal for quite some time.

nakima
July 24th, 2016, 11:39 AM
haha! I know what you mean about the plan changing as we go.My original goal was hip now mbl and heading for classic :)

Capybara
July 24th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Mine was hip length. I grew to just about classic before putting back to waist, then gradually back to shoulder. I'm past APL now.

see_turtle
July 24th, 2016, 08:02 PM
about SL...just past my sixth anniversary in May. I grew to WL then cut back to SL in 2012, now past hip heading to BCL...

Granger Mane
July 25th, 2016, 07:23 PM
I was between shoulder and APL when I joined. Currently between hip and tailbone.

maborosi
July 25th, 2016, 11:18 PM
First hairgrowing journey in 2011, I was at BSL. Then after my chop, I was at chin. Now I'm between TBL and classic.

Zebra Fish
July 26th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Near bsl, but veery thinned (overdeep V shape cut by hairdresser - I think the V started fom my ears, and I asked for a shallow U).

triumphator!
July 26th, 2016, 07:20 AM
I think in 2010 it was a brassy weird color and just about shoulder length.

Doctor_Donna
January 5th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I'm a newbie, just joined, and I'm growing out from a pixie/undercut mashup. I'm almost out of a mullet stage and currently have slightly shorter than chin-lenght bob with a teensy mullet (1 inch)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 5th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Mine was 17" when I joined here, a little below my shoulders :)

JillRenee
January 5th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Between TB and Classic.

Dark40
January 5th, 2017, 06:36 PM
I had a chin length bob when I first joined. Now, I'm BSL.

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 5th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Mine was 17" when I joined here, a little below my shoulders :)

Wow. You grow really fast...

I started at pixie when I first joined, saw 3 large chops inbetween, and now I am allllmost BSL stretched. I need like 3" so I think I will hit BSL before 2017 is over, at least.

LadyCelestina
January 6th, 2017, 02:35 AM
Around APL... I've had several chops during my time on LHC

Hypothesis
January 6th, 2017, 07:30 AM
I think I was at chin length when I first joined? or maybe I was still lurking then. I can say with absolute certainty it was before I reached shoulder length.