PDA

View Full Version : Question about hair type

Blissful337
June 23rd, 2016, 06:51 AM
I found an older pic of me from 2001. This pic was taken before the first time I "chopped" my hair off. I always had long hair as a child and into my teen years. I decided to cut it off while doing a semester, in college, in a very humid and hot environment. This was the last time my hair was ever this long and I think it is my terminal length because it never got longer than this. I am very tall with a long neck and long torso so even though my hair only got to about waist length it was very long hair in my opinion. It may be hard to tell from the pic but what do you think my hair type was? It was washed, untouched, hair and may have still been slightly damp in the pic. Do you think my hair will be the same type when it grows out now...15 years later? I can't wait to see what it will look like now when and if I reach this length again. Its been sooo long!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23649&d=1466641052

kuroi
June 23rd, 2016, 07:32 AM
I only see your avatar and signature picture and those are pretty dark so it's hard to tell but it seems 1c to me. Btw the fact that you never got further then waist lenght doesn't mean that's your terminal lenght. With proper care you might be able to grow further then that. I've seen quite a few stories about false terminal lenght around here.

Blissful337
June 23rd, 2016, 07:43 AM
I wonder why the pic is not showing :confused:Hmmm. I see it in the post on my computer screen.

I added URL for the pic...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23649&d=1466641052

lapushka
June 23rd, 2016, 08:27 AM
I still don't see a picture...

truepeacenik
June 23rd, 2016, 08:35 AM
It's all math. Sorry.

L=G-D

Length equals growth minus damage.

Concentrate on preventing damage and growth will happen.

The majority of terminal lengths, so far as possibility are concerned, are waist and beyond.

And, your url goes to a blank page.

Betazed
June 23rd, 2016, 08:52 AM
Yep, I'm only getting a blank page from the link, too.

Blissful337
June 23rd, 2016, 08:54 AM
Why is that happening?! I wonder if it's my privacy setting or something.

Yes it was my privacy settings. I changed them. Now maybe you could see the pic! :)

Blissful337
June 23rd, 2016, 08:59 AM
Here it is again.

kuroi
June 23rd, 2016, 09:59 AM
I see the picture now and I vote 2a

lapushka
June 23rd, 2016, 10:04 AM
Yes, 2a, or 1c/2a from the little I can see (side shots aren't ideal for that). ;)

Anya15
June 23rd, 2016, 10:04 AM
I'd say 1c/2a. It'd be easier to tell if you had a picture from the back :flower:

Blissful337
June 23rd, 2016, 11:32 AM
Ok thanks! I know side shots aren't the best but it's all I had. Back then I mostly used to blow dry my hair straight or wear it up so I don't really have any good pics of my untouched hair. I had taken this one as a before pic to my haircut. I think I uploaded the after pic in my album. I never would have thought I was a 1c/2a until I came across this pic yesterday. Do you think my hair will be the same when it grows out? Given this was 15 years ago? And as far as not touching your hair while its drying..how do you do that?!? Lol I read on here not to touch while drying so I tried that the other day and my hair took a lot longer to dry and ended up frizzier than when I touch it while drying it. I never brush my hair but when I get out of the shower I use a t shirt to squeeze out water. Then I detangle with an wide toothed comb and I part it to the side a bit. Then I squeeze the ends a second time with the t shirt. After that I don't touch it again for maybe half an hour (which is by the time I get to work) once I get to work I tend to use my fingers to detangle and sort of toss it around a bit. I feel like it helps my hair dry faster and gives it some nice volume but I'm wondering if I'm adding to any frizz by touching it a bunch. I also touch it a lot throughout the day by running my fingers through it to get the hair out of my face because it tends to fall down in my face a lot...even though I comb it back and to the side a bit.

And thank you all for taking the time to look at the pic :D

spidermom
June 23rd, 2016, 12:08 PM
Who knows; it may be quite different. My hair was a very definite 2C when I joined LHC around 15 years ago. Now it's more like 2A. I get the rare spiral curl, but it seems so arbitrary that I always say it's related to planetary alignment. It's not just length, either. I cut all the way back to waist and layered in search of my missing curl, and my hair type was still around 2A.

MlleMC
June 23rd, 2016, 12:21 PM
You'll see if it's different when it grows. But it definitely can change over time. 10 years ago, my hair was probably 2c and would just poof if a brush got anywhere close, now it's 2a I think and I can brush it without any problem; it just gets straighter, no poof at all.

Blissful337
June 23rd, 2016, 12:25 PM
I can't wait to see what it's like. It's been so long since I've had longer hair. I hope my hair grows fast. I've been told by hair stylists that it seems like my hair does grow faster than the average but I never measured my growth before. I just need lots of patience during this growing out phase.