PDA

View Full Version : Going to London (Sally's, Boots,...)What should I buy from hairstuff?

summergame
June 23rd, 2016, 02:20 AM
Well I think my question is clear. I'm going to London and I see that they have a Sally's there too! I tought that they only have it in the USA. Can somebody recommend me some hairstuff that is amazing, or special products also from Boots! Thank you in advance! :flower:

Agnieszka
June 23rd, 2016, 04:01 AM
I don't think there is Sally's here... I've never seen, but surely you'll have lot's of stuff at Boots or Superdrug. There is also Claire's for hair accessories :-) Or other shops like Lush, The Body Shop. I would also visit Whole Foods store at Kensington High Street which I recommend for more natural hair products and lovely food hall (pricey though). I wonder if Harrods have some luxurious hair section, even just to have a look. I know that they used to sell Ficcare there.

Have a good trip! Hopefully it won't rain!!! It's been warm, humid and rainy for the last few weeks.

summergame
June 23rd, 2016, 04:18 AM
Well actually I go in July but I'm already enthousiast now. :D . I saw a Sally's on Google maps or maybe it's another kind of store.

This is the website:
http://www.sallyexpress.com/mobile/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=local&utm_campaign=gmbfulham

Sunshine&Opals
June 23rd, 2016, 04:33 AM
Well actually I go in July but I'm already enthousiast now. :D . I saw a Sally's on Google maps or maybe it's another kind of store.

This is the website:
http://www.sallyexpress.com/mobile/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=local&utm_campaign=gmbfulham

Looks like there's a Sally's on New Oxford St, judging by their website, which is near the bigger shops.

I've never been to Sally's so I couldn't tell you, but I'd go to Harrods, Liberty, and Fortnum & Mason. Not sure what they'd be like for hair stuff, but they are all great for mooching around, and having a great selection of different items in general.
Harrods food hall is something else, too! Hope you get lots of nice weather when you come over.

emilia1992
June 23rd, 2016, 08:53 AM
Yes, there's a Sally's on New Oxford Street (I've been there :) )

Definitely check out Liberty, off Regent Street. It's pretty pricey but there are amazing products there, including Mason Pearson (quite a large range) and Mane 'n' Tail.

Also check out Chinatown, an area with lots of Far Eastern shops off Charing Cross Road. They sell coconut oil very cheaply.

Other good shops round the Charing Cross/Regent Street area are & Other Stories, which is quite pricey but has lovely scented products, and also Claire's, on Oxford Street for hair accessories (though Claire's is more aimed at kids). Accessorize has some lovely scrunchies etc too, but again quite pricey.

Not strictly for hair products, but Selfridge's is always good for a wander round. If only to look at the price tags, have your jaw drop to the floor, and walk out again.

Primark sells cheap hairbands, but gets very busy, especially on Saturdays.

It's been raining non-stop. Trust me, even if the weather tells you it'll be wall to wall sunshine, bring an umbrella, as well as an anorak (the winds can literally blow the rain horizontally into your face, and you get soaked even with an umbrella).

Enjoy your trip!

Sofialu
June 23rd, 2016, 11:50 AM
They have a Sally's shop very local to me, can buy bigger quantities cheaper from there usually.

summergame
June 23rd, 2016, 11:52 AM
They have a Sally's shop very local to me, can buy bigger quantities cheaper from there usually.

I have already 30 conditioners that I have to be use up *blush* :D

summergame
June 23rd, 2016, 11:53 AM
Thank you for the tips, I will puzzle it out, my boyfriend give me 2 days of shopping in London, the rest is for visiting for example the dungeons :)

Sofialu
June 23rd, 2016, 12:03 PM
Thank you for the tips, I will puzzle it out, my boyfriend give me 2 days of shopping in London, the rest is for visiting for example the dungeons :)

I've always wanted to visit the Tower of London - lucky you if you are going there. The museums are really good too if you have time to do it all :)

lapushka
June 23rd, 2016, 12:38 PM
I would recommend the Boots' own curl cream if you're wanting to enhance your wavy texture. It works great, I hear, instead of a gel.

humble_knight
June 23rd, 2016, 02:00 PM
Well I think my question is clear. I'm going to London and I see that they have a Sally's there too! I tought that they only have it in the USA. Can somebody recommend me some hairstuff that is amazing, or special products also from Boots! Thank you in advance! :flower:

You've not specified where in London you will visit, but you can be sure there are many branches of Boots & Superdrug, which are my favourites for hair accessories and products. You'll find more choice in larger stores. I hope you enjoy your trip!

summergame
June 23rd, 2016, 02:52 PM
You've not specified where in London you will visit, but you can be sure there are many branches of Boots & Superdrug, which are my favourites for hair accessories and products. You'll find more choice in larger stores. I hope you enjoy your trip!

It will be near Hammersmith :)

diddiedaisy
June 23rd, 2016, 03:53 PM
I would recommend the Boots' own curl cream if you're wanting to enhance your wavy texture. It works great, I hear, instead of a gel.

Boots curl cream is really good and really cheap, it's about £1.69 and it lasts forever.

Moonfall
June 24th, 2016, 12:50 PM

I'm definitely going to get this when I'm in England this Summer, thanks for the advice :D