PDA

View Full Version : hair scrunchies for thick long hair

groovylocks
June 21st, 2016, 04:36 PM
they are my go to quick use for my hair, but am looking for ones that hold my hair, are pretty, can be washed, and last.

kittengirl
June 21st, 2016, 04:44 PM
Adorabella baby on etsy if you want silk ones, they are great but a little more expensive. She makes large ones as well.

lapushka
June 21st, 2016, 04:49 PM
Mine date back to the 80s, when you could get these at the market, satin and silky ones at that, along with quite a few that are regular fabric too. Yes, the market of all places. I have a few that are headband-size. I have kept these in excellent condition and I'm glad that I never got rid of them! They are sooo expensive now.

I'd say look on Etsy! Yes! Or ebay even.

groovylocks
June 21st, 2016, 05:18 PM
thanks for the suggestions, I ask about washable because, I notice some of my older ones that I used alot have developed an odd smell, I do sometimes put one on when my hair is still a little damp, it takes a while to dry.

missrandie
June 21st, 2016, 06:11 PM
A little vinegar, peroxide, or vodka will cut through the odd smell :)

Betazed
June 22nd, 2016, 05:22 PM
A little vinegar, peroxide, or vodka will cut through the odd smell :)

Do you drink the vodka until you can't smell it anymore? :p

missrandie
June 22nd, 2016, 06:19 PM
Do you drink the vodka until you can't smell it anymore? :p

Lol good idea, but no. I use the cheapest stuff I can find, put it in a spray bottle, and use it to deodorize furniture and stuff I don't often wash.

truepeacenik
June 22nd, 2016, 07:41 PM
^^ I do the same.

Anje
June 22nd, 2016, 07:46 PM
Yeah, peroxide or those oxyclean-type products are great for all things stinky. I use them on suspect dishes, too.

Hubby recently discovered that PBW (Powdered Brewery Wash, oxygen cleaner plus something, TSP perhaps?) takes out the yellow stains his sweat leaves on things like shirt collars, randomly. First time we've found anything that touches that!