PDA

View Full Version : Hair fall out with oil

Misha33
June 19th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Hi all
Recently, I bought an Ayurvedic oil after reading some amazing reviews called mahabringraj to try and help my hair from shedding and making it somewhat thick , I have used it only two times and both the times i lost like clumps of hair ( like around 80 strands ) in the shower when I was washing out the oil. Now, here I'm depressed having lost more hair and wondering what to do. Should I continue using the oil or not? Or should I change the shampoo? Confused😔

H o n є y ❤
June 19th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Have you changed anything else about your regimen recently? If you're using a shampoo that you've been using prior to the oil then it's more than likely the oil that's causing hair to fall out. I wouldn't risk losing more hair trying to make the oil work. Not all ayurvedic oils work the same for everyone.

lapushka
June 19th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Some people can't put oil or conditioner on their scalp because it makes them shed tons. It's a "thing". It's real.

I wouldn't put oil near your scalp ever again, and the same goes for conditioner - don't do it anymore.

Garnetgem
June 19th, 2016, 04:36 PM
I too always shed terribly if i put any type of oil near the scalp...conditioners are the same since i have stopped i have noticed a big difference in the shedding..some scalps just cannot tolerate oils..if it were me i wouldn't put any oils after having your experience but that's me.

spidermom
June 19th, 2016, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't use the oil on my scalp again if I were you. I can't find any explanation for why oil or conditioner on your scalp would make you shed more, and believe me, I've tried, but do what works best for you and your hair.

Adorkable One
June 19th, 2016, 09:23 PM
I'm curious, why does oil cause excess shedding of hair? I have the same problem, and I didn't realize it was an issue until I joined here. I noticed I'd have tons of hair caught in my fingers when coming it threw, but I just didn't think much of it. Now I realise it makes me shed too.

Is it bad in the sense that it makes hair shed prematurely? Essentially hair loss? Or is it just causing old hair to fall out anyway? My hair has thinned out over the years, I wonder if this is why.

pailin
June 19th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I'm curious, why does oil cause excess shedding of hair? I have the same problem, and I didn't realize it was an issue until I joined here. I noticed I'd have tons of hair caught in my fingers when coming it threw, but I just didn't think much of it. Now I realise it makes me shed too.

Is it bad in the sense that it makes hair shed prematurely? Essentially hair loss? Or is it just causing old hair to fall out anyway? My hair has thinned out over the years, I wonder if this is why.

I don't think any of us knows the why, it's just a pretty widely observed phenomenon on this board. It would be interesting if we could work out the actual frequency of this, or specific other factors it's associated with - ie sd, oily scalp, etc.

MINAKO
June 19th, 2016, 10:06 PM
Its simply making hair shed in advance not like oil actually has the power to to really influence the growth circle or disconnect hair that isn't ready to shed from the follicle.

Decoy24601
June 19th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Its simply making hair shed in advance not like oil actually has the power to to really influence the growth circle or disconnect hair that isn't ready to shed from the follicle.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe it loosens up the follicles that are just about ready to shed hair, kind of like a loose tooth.

Misha33
June 19th, 2016, 10:38 PM
Have you changed anything else about your regimen recently? If you're using a shampoo that you've been using prior to the oil then it's more than likely the oil that's causing hair to fall out. I wouldn't risk losing more hair trying to make the oil work. Not all ayurvedic oils work the same for everyone.
Thanks for your reply , I have actually not changed anything besides adding a liquid multivitamin from natures answer and this oil. I have been using suave almond and Shea butter shampoo and conditioner since a year and it is I would say really good in the beginning as in , it made my hair really soft , reduced my shedding but lately it was not doing much for the hair that is the reason I got this oil, but now I think I will stay away from it and look for some other way to increase my hair growth and help me with my hair fall.

Misha33
June 19th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I guess I will not use this oil or any oil for that matter on my scalp. I still have to look for something that can increase hair growth and help with my shedding. Next on my list is to try shikakai, amla and reetha. Hope it helps me with my hair problems.

Zebra Fish
June 20th, 2016, 01:56 AM
Whatever I use/do on my scalp, causes more shedding. I think it is as MINAKO said, but still, it's easier to see all that hair shed in a week and not in one wash for me.

lapushka
June 20th, 2016, 03:42 AM

I don't know if hair could shed "in advance". Could also be that it clogs the follicles making hair fall out that isn't supposed to yet fall out. And because people experience thinning, esp. from CO-washing when they have issues like this, it means that it's not in the line of normal shed at all.