PDA

View Full Version : My hair is "wanna-be-blonde"??...I am puzzled

fleurdelis
October 17th, 2008, 03:01 PM
What do you guys think? What color is my hair? I have allready heard: brown, multi-colored brown, red, orange and most newly "wanna-be-blonde. I am not sure if that is nice or not...And I am actually not sure what color do I have, but I am surely not trying to be blonde..maybe a bit lighter then now, but surely not the chemical blond that so many girls in Europe have, so I felt tiny bit offended.

spidermom
October 17th, 2008, 03:02 PM
It is so hard to tell from these pictures. It reminds me of the color of honey. I'm sure it looks different in different lights. I'd love to see an outside picture.

bunnii
October 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I'd say from your picture you're a dark blonde and it looks like you've got some red in there too :)

MadHatter
October 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'd say it's honey-colored, like spidermom said. But I put honey-colored under the larger heading of blonde, myself.

hobbitgirl
October 17th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I'd call it light amber.

Presto
October 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
This (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6685&highlight=tawny) is the thread for you!

skay
October 17th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Very nice color, fleurdelis.

I see light reddish-tones; so maybe a light reddish-auburn?

jojo
October 17th, 2008, 07:10 PM
dark strawberry blond with a drizzle of honey? nice colour whatever it is!

fleurdelis
October 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks so much all of you, I just love your way of putting my hair color, I´ll feel prouder of it now.

bunnii
October 26th, 2008, 04:17 AM
And so you should, you have lovely hair :agree:

Sarahmoon
October 26th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Dark golden strawberry blonde?

Friesiangirl
October 26th, 2008, 08:43 PM
My boyfriend has named it, because my hair is very similar: Carmel-Golden.

:)

Hayley

Katze
October 27th, 2008, 05:37 AM
I agree, check out the Tawny thread. You are somewhere in between.

Does your hair change color in different lighting or depending on when you've washed and what you've washed it with? Then you are lucky, and can play this up!

I just watched Harry Potter (Order of Phoenix) last night and was struck with Hermione's hair's color changes depending on how she wore it. When she pulled it all back (in one scene only) it looked quite dark and straight, whereas normally her hair looks amber-honey-auburn.

Peggy E.
October 27th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Hi - Checked out your photo blog and was surprised to find that I agree with all the colors you've listed! Sometimes it looks red, sometimes brown, sometimes there's a honey and misty-gold running through (this might be the impetus behind the "wanna-be-blonde" comment you found offensive).

Apparently, depending upon the light and the surroundings, your hair gives off all these colors - lucky you! What an amazing stroke of great fortune! Your hair is beautiful in all of its manifestations - enjoy and appreciate the gift with which you've been blessed!

(Cool bathroom, too - love that skylight!) ;o)

fleurdelis
October 29th, 2008, 07:56 PM
You actually may if you clikc on the link in my siggy :)

fleurdelis
October 29th, 2008, 07:57 PM
The upper reply is for spidermom, for to see a picture of my hair outside

fleurdelis
October 29th, 2008, 08:03 PM
And again, thanks for all the great replies, it just makes my dayto read them.
Katze not sure if it varies depending on the washing, though, I wash it now always with honey and I think my hair just gets "golder" :) It does vary A LOT in different lights, you make look at the link in signature, sometimes when I walk, in shade it is brown and in sun kinda blonde..I think that Hermione has fantastic hair, thought I think they do not need to cut it in every new movie, but I really liked how she wore it in the new one.
Peggy E. such a nice way, putting my hair as gift!