PDA

View Full Version : Random places you've found your hair

Iamsiam
June 17th, 2016, 04:40 AM
So it looks like spiders can't be bothered spinning webs anymore and they have started adding my hair to their webs. I've found this a few times. I even found one of my hairs hanging from the leaves of a pot plant. Where is the strangest places you've found your shed hair?

lapushka
June 17th, 2016, 05:12 AM
My mom does the cleaning in my apartment and she barely finds 1-3 hairs, sometimes even none or just 1 and that is around the area of my bed (because I sleep with it loose). I detangle over my sink, and keep my hair up when I'm up. Pretty uneventful, eh? ;) :lol:

cuddledumplin
June 22nd, 2016, 05:57 PM
I found one in my eye once. It was twisted all up under the lid.

lithostoic
June 22nd, 2016, 06:56 PM
My boyfriend's clean boxers! Poked right through the material! That happens quite often with any of our clothing.

Saige
June 22nd, 2016, 10:08 PM
I've had a hair wrapped around one of my toes. I looked to see why it was hurting and saw a single hair wrapped around the toe multiple times. It was a delicate procedure getting it off without cutting my toe!

polarnatt
June 23rd, 2016, 02:58 AM
Inside a gun barrel. My boyfriend bought a new rifle and it was only out of the package in our apartment for 5 minutes, but my hair manages to find its way literally everywhere. :D

Adorkable One
June 23rd, 2016, 04:24 AM
Finding my own hair at work is kind of weird. It's hard to miss because of all the colors I've had too.

Adorkable One
June 23rd, 2016, 04:26 AM
My boyfriend's clean boxers! Poked right through the material! That happens quite often with any of our clothing.

Lol what annoys me about hairs that get stuck in clothes....is those clothes go through the wash, and a hot drier, and those stray hairs still feel healthy....yet the hair on my head will get damaged if I simply look at it the wrong way.

lapushka
June 23rd, 2016, 05:37 AM
Inside a gun barrel. My boyfriend bought a new rifle and it was only out of the package in our apartment for 5 minutes, but my hair manages to find its way literally everywhere. :D

If that's your avatar, you're more like a 2c than a 1c/2a, from the looks of it. :flower: I know you didn't ask, but... ;) :o

polarnatt
June 23rd, 2016, 05:58 AM
If that's your avatar, you're more like a 2c than a 1c/2a, from the looks of it. :flower: I know you didn't ask, but... ;) :o

I was wondering whether I should consider myself wavier or not, thanks for giving your thoughts on it! :o It is scrunched and plopped in the avatar pic so it's not a good typing example. I should probably get it properly typed sometime soon. :)

Mademoiselle
June 23rd, 2016, 06:19 AM
Inside my bag, inside my shoes.... on the ear of my dog (cocker whit long ears) LoL

Tosca
June 23rd, 2016, 06:22 AM
In my socks

In my underwear

In my bras

On the bottom of my socks from walking around on our carpeted floor

Our old couch used to get covered in a fine layer of it

vampyyri
June 23rd, 2016, 11:22 AM
In my husband's car, in the brownies I baked for him, and he has also had the fun of experiencing my "butt floss" (poor guy, he gets the brunt of all the shed hairs haha)

sarahthegemini
June 23rd, 2016, 11:57 AM

OMG. How? That sounds awful!

lapushka
June 23rd, 2016, 01:07 PM
I was wondering whether I should consider myself wavier or not, thanks for giving your thoughts on it! :o It is scrunched and plopped in the avatar pic so it's not a good typing example. I should probably get it properly typed sometime soon. :)

Oh do! It's fun. :D

lapushka
June 23rd, 2016, 01:08 PM
My mom knit some of her hair into my dad's socks, I'm sure. :lol:

gawrique_
June 23rd, 2016, 04:26 PM
In the laundry. All the hair seems to ball up and appear like a gross, hairy spider in my clean laundry with the sole purpose to giving me a mini heart attack each time.

HaMalka
June 24th, 2016, 08:09 AM
In paper mache paste. Pulling it out was a rather messy endeavor. I have also found what I think to be some of my hairs in library books.

Decoy24601
June 24th, 2016, 05:01 PM
In the laundry. All the hair seems to ball up and appear like a gross, hairy spider in my clean laundry with the sole purpose to giving me a mini heart attack each time.

Every time I knit something I end up with at least a few strands of my hair woven in :knit:.

ephemeri
June 24th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Just this evening -- found one in a clean pan I pulled out of the cupboard. Good thing I spotted it before I put the food in....

RainbowBowser
June 24th, 2016, 07:15 PM
On my boyfriend's crotch, from just hanging out and watching TV

TheLuckyLurker
June 25th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Today I found one inside the margarine tub. As in, I pulled the lid off, and saw one of my hairs inside. Thank god I saw that before making my toast.

trolleypup
June 29th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Many years ago I worked in a lab. One night crews came in and waxed the floor. Preserving sheds from my coworkers and myself: straight blonde, curly red, and wavy black. Heh.

leilan
July 7th, 2016, 04:57 PM
I just pulled a hair out of my cat's mouth. I thought it was on his whiskers; it was actually halfway down his throat.

Garnetgem
July 7th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Between my toes once it was a long strand and had somehow wrapped itself like a coil around my big toe..other place was wound around my stud ear earring it was wrapped around so many times makes me wonder how it got like that!

Garnetgem
July 7th, 2016, 05:12 PM

sounds very painful to me oh ouch!

Garnetgem
July 7th, 2016, 05:13 PM
My mom does the cleaning in my apartment and she barely finds 1-3 hairs, sometimes even none or just 1 and that is around the area of my bed (because I sleep with it loose). I detangle over my sink, and keep my hair up when I'm up. Pretty uneventful, eh? ;) :lol:

Yes very uneventful...only 1-3 hairs your hair must be super thick with such tiny loss!

leilan
July 7th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Between my toes once it was a long strand and had somehow wrapped itself like a coil around my big toe..

I collect a few hairs at the foot of my bed, under the covers, and they wrap around in between my toes. So annoying

Decoy24601
July 7th, 2016, 08:01 PM
My SO will end up with them on his face/in his mouth while sleeping. I feel sorry for the guy.

dansyl
July 7th, 2016, 08:09 PM
I use manic panic on mine.. And every once in a while I will see the outline of a red hair stain on a sink at work.

PoysinIvy
July 7th, 2016, 09:54 PM
In the peanut butter - partially wrapped around the threads on the outside of the jar, partially inside the jar.

lapushka
July 8th, 2016, 04:11 AM
Okay... this is... has got to be the weirdest spot yet. Underneath my pain patch of all places.

I went to the bathroom, then noticed a hair on my thigh. I thought, huh, odd, and pulled it since it was stuck it seemed. Yes it was stuck, underneath my pain patch. Pulled it, and yes later when changing the patch, there was still a bit of hair underneath. :o

So odd and embarrassing.

PixieP
July 8th, 2016, 05:25 AM
I was doing a 8 week course thingy. 2 weeks in and 3 of the other people had told me they found long red hairs inside their washing machine... *whistles innocently*

Mamabearme
July 8th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Where I haven't found my hair might be a shorter list for me.

lapushka
July 8th, 2016, 11:22 AM

Hahaha! True! :D

vampyyri
July 8th, 2016, 11:29 AM

Yup... literally everywhere by now.

Garnetgem
July 8th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Found one in my meal today not that odd but it was from my mums new wig ah yes she bought it for fun and there it was a shiny brown one,too short to be mine and too long to be hers..gross! still we had a laugh about it :)

Obsidian
July 8th, 2016, 11:03 PM
In the cupcake batter as I was spooning it into the baking cups.
in the dogs eye.
in the fish tank.
DD hair knotted around my curls.
in my bra.
stuck in my phone case.
stuck in my kindle cover.
butt floss.
in the house plants.
in my throat.

Decoy24601
July 18th, 2016, 10:11 PM
I just found one of my hairs halfway in my coffee grinder with one end wrapped around the blade. I'm not quite sure how that happened. I hope I didn't accidentally get some freshly ground keratin in my coffee this morning, haha.

Garnetgem
July 18th, 2016, 10:22 PM
I found one entwined between the bristles of my tooth brush today..it was tightly wrapped and as my hair is classic that is one long strand in those bristles stranger still i always cover my tooth brush so its a mystery how it got there!

LadyAdelina
July 20th, 2016, 06:31 PM
These are gross and awesome, haha.

I will find them hanging out of my boyfriend's beard sometimes, which always serves to make my laugh...
Any time I am sewing or doing the lucet, I find my hairs are now an integral part of whatever I'm making...
Wrapped around door hinges (how did I not feel that?)...

BloomShine18
July 22nd, 2016, 11:28 AM
While picking up after my dog. And mine isn't back to being that long yet :shudder:

PixieP
July 22nd, 2016, 11:37 AM
Today I found what I'm pretty sure is one of my own hair strands on the bus... Right as I sat down (creature of habit, I have a favourite seat) and my hair was up today and I'd taken the lint roller over my dress before going out today, so pretty sure I didn't just loose it then and there. That's really quite creepy :P

Silverbleed
July 22nd, 2016, 01:02 PM
Inbetween my cat's whiskers. Normally her hair would be all over the place, today we traded places lmao :eyebrows:

LadyAdelina
July 22nd, 2016, 05:53 PM
Ha, Silverbleed, that should be in the "you know you're a long hair when..." thread. You know you're a long hair when you find more of your own shed hairs than your cat's!