PDA

View Full Version : Fringe/Bangs and breakouts

Fillette
October 17th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hello ladies and gents!
I have a few shorter pieces of hair framing my face. I really like them because they are more on the wavy side than curly and they really suit my face. :eyebrows: However, I've noticed that they cause my face to breakout... especially around the jaw line, which is where they end. :rolleyes:
Does anybody else experience this? How do you deal with it?

I tend to wear my hair away from my face most of the time but it gives me a very severe look. Any advice?

(P.S. I don't remember seeing a similar thread before. If there is another one, please feel free to refer me to it. Thanks!)

burns_erin
October 17th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Sounds like it is either probably the product you use on your hair, or the effect of touching your face more because you are moving the shorter hairs out of the way. The product one is easy, just switch to something different and see if it helps. The face touching is harder because you have to remember to not touch your face.

driven fool
October 17th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I have noticed acne developing more on my face in the winter time than during the summer. I think it has to do with the amount of sun I get on my face. I have also noticed since starting to grow my hair out that my forehead gets more acne as my hair grows longer and covers it more.

melikai
October 17th, 2008, 05:45 PM
If you find it's not a product or your shampoo/conditioner that are causing the problem, then you can either try washing just your fringe more frequently (so that they are less greasy and don't transfer that excess oil to your face), or alternatively try using a dry shampoo inbetween washes.

Bronwyn Grace
October 17th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Right after I cut my bangs back in the summer, I noticed my forehead was breaking out much more than normal. All I did was start using Proactiv/Clearasil on my oily areas and the breakouts lessened. I still have the occasional spot, but not nearly as bad as before.

I would just try washing your face more, and maybe trying an acne cleanser like Proactiv. :)

Krifantasy
October 17th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I used to break out all along the edges of my face as my bangs were growing out. Now that my bangs are full length this has stopped happening. I do think it was because of the shampoo/conditioner that I was using at the time.

I am allergic to most fragrances and believe this was causing a skin irritation. I have since changed the products that I use, so that may have been a factor as well.

Elainehali
October 17th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I had this problem until I started clipping my bangs back while I sleep.

Fillette
October 18th, 2008, 04:43 PM
:) thanks for all the recommendations. I will try to wash my face and my fringe/bangs more often. I will also review the products I am currently using. There has to be a way I can keep this under control. Thanks again! :) every single response was very useful to me.

Elistariel
October 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I had the same problem. Since I've grown my bangs out, my forehead has improved significantly.
I also use proactive. Aside from that I'd say keep the amount of product in your bangs to a minimum.