PDA

View Full Version : Hair type changing/patches

hayheadsbird
June 15th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Just wondering, anyone else have a patch of hair that's different to the rest?
Post 3rd pregnancy, (actually the last time I had a cut) the hairdresser commented on the wavy hair coming through at the back of my head. Now there a bit more length, when it's down you can still see that section where I have proper waves coming down among the rest of my 1b hair from that one patch at the back of my head! I'm kinda hoping it spreads further, I like the wavy patch :D
I do wonder if it's age related, or hormones?

Stepo_NiNha
June 15th, 2016, 11:12 AM
I have different hair types that extend from 1c to 2b. You can see that in my signature picture.

MINAKO
June 15th, 2016, 11:34 AM
My babyhair is like 3a, then the top sections pretty evenly 2b-c and my underlayers about 2a. I'm talking about pre keratin hair here. Now i can't really see that big of a difference aside from the fact that my last few inches are pretty much bone straight.

nekosan
June 15th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Could be from the pregnancies. If you've ever been pregnant, fetal cels from that pregnancy will be circulating throughout your body for the rest of your life. (Biology is whacky!)
arbitrary article on such: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633676/

hayheadsbird
June 15th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Could be from the pregnancies. If you've ever been pregnant, fetal cels from that pregnancy will be circulating throughout your body for the rest of your life. (Biology is whacky!)
arbitrary article on such: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633676/

That's pretty cool actually!

school of fish
June 15th, 2016, 03:28 PM
My hair definitely changed with pregnancy - my second one particularly! I was always 1a since birth and now my underlayer is growing in decidedly and tenaciously wavy - I'd say it's in 2a territory!!!

I won't know for a few years how this will affect the overall look of my hair. The wavy part is about 8-10" long now, but the crown/canopy over it still grows bone straight so the current effect isn't 2a. Actually between the straight top layer, the wavy underlayer and the stick-straight ends it makes me look like I've done a rather bad job flat ironing my hair, haha!!

I can't wait to see what it's going to look like a few years from now when the waves reach the hem! In the meantime I've got a little root volume for the first time in my life, and I'm enjoying that immensely!

Mademoiselle
June 15th, 2016, 04:22 PM
In my case happens in my front tufts of the face, my hair is 1b-1c depends on the day, and naturally dark blonde, the front tufts on the sides of the face are platinum blonde 2b.
I usually flatten them slightly with the hair dryer to equal to the rest of the hair.

Mademoiselle
June 15th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Well, rather, not platinum, they are like a 9/3 (very light gold blond)

nekosan
June 15th, 2016, 04:29 PM
That's pretty cool actually!

I find it both cool and weird. =) One really cool bit is the work on doing prenatal testing using a blood sample from the mother; way less invasive and terrifying than an amniocentesis. [I should add a disclaimer that I'm not a mom and have never been pregnant.]

Every mom is carrying a bit of her kids around forever, in a very physical sense.

Andthetalltrees
June 15th, 2016, 05:00 PM
In my case happens in my front tufts of the face, my hair is 1b-1c depends on the day, and naturally dark blonde, the front tufts on the sides of the face are platinum blonde 2b.
I usually flatten them slightly with the hair dryer to equal to the rest of the hair.

I have front tufts that are wavier too! My hair is more or less 1B/1C where it's straight with a bit of floof. But on the side front of my hair I have a few stretched out S waves if I let it dry naturally without pinning them back. More wavy on the left side then right too, It's curious.

lithostoic
June 15th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Most of my hair is 1b/1c but I have one chunk in the back that's solid 1c.

JustPam
June 16th, 2016, 07:12 AM
I'm predominantly 1c but I seem to have random individual strands that spiral after washing, they straighten out with the rest after a day or so up. The texture difference in my strands is mad, I have some pin straight, most are a bit squiggly (no nice smooth defined waves for me), and a handful of the spirallers.