PDA

View Full Version : O What is this?? haha

M.McDonough
June 14th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Why is that hair so coily?! Have you ever found a coily hair like that in your hair?

http://s31.postimg.org/wp7drbuqj/IMAG2546.jpg

My mother was like ''that's weird you're not black!'', not saying African hair isn't beautiful of course it is.

Just to give you a glimpse of what my hair actually looks like.

http://s31.postimg.org/89v0vwndn/IMAG0813.jpg

HeartofHaleth
June 14th, 2016, 08:01 PM
That happens to my hair if I quickly scrape my fingernail down the length of a single strand. Perhaps something similar happened to your strand, namely something pulling on it or catching it just right?

(By the way, your hair is beautiful! Such shiny curls!)

M.McDonough
June 14th, 2016, 08:13 PM
That happens to my hair if I quickly scrape my fingernail down the length of a single strand. Perhaps something similar happened to your strand, namely something pulling on it or catching it just right?

(By the way, your hair is beautiful! Such shiny curls!)

Haha yeah I was stroking a strand of my hair when that happened
And thanks for the compliment :)

HeartofHaleth
June 14th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Haha yeah I was stroking a strand of my hair when that happened
And thanks for the compliment :)
That makes sense, then. And you're welcome! :flowers:

Entangled
June 14th, 2016, 09:38 PM
I've seen that when one of my hairs was scraped over my seamed comb. I didn't think it was a big deal before, but after that I stopped using it!

Simsy
June 14th, 2016, 11:26 PM
I always find these along the really annoying sheds that grip in, then let go with a snap that makes you panic that you have broken something. I usually end up with at least a couple a week, and have to check the entire strand to make sure I didn't break something...

Gorgeous curls, by the way, looks to be a similar pattern to mine.

Nique1202
June 15th, 2016, 04:38 AM
Scraping ribbon on one side is how you get those kinds of spirals, so that's a good explanation! I also notice that hairs that break off from stretching get spirals on the broken off ends, so there's the possibility that it could have been a hair that was stretched too far.

blackcats666
June 15th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Scraping ribbon on one side is how you get those kinds of spirals, so that's a good explanation! I also notice that hairs that break off from stretching get spirals on the broken off ends, so there's the possibility that it could have been a hair that was stretched too far.

The ribbon spirals is exactly what this picture reminded me of!

lapushka
June 15th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I have a tiny little bump on the left side of my head (in back), like a mosquito bite size bump, nothing big, and for some reason right next to that bump, I have a thick, coarse, pitch black, coily, tightly curly hair, one that doesn't grow that long, I might add. I have no clue why. Maybe a follicle got wonky on me. :lol: