PDA

View Full Version : What's your latest NOT hair purchase?

lapushka
June 10th, 2016, 08:53 AM
What did you want to buy, but ultimately didn't?
This is a spin-off off of the "What's your latest hair purchase?" thread.

I just got a 50% offer off of John Frieda products in my inbox today. It is still €4 to €4.50 a product, for 200/250 ml, sometimes even 150 ml, so no I will pass on this. Normally these products are really expensive, but still...

On top of that I just got the Aldi conditioners for €2.99 each with argan oil as the third ingredient, so it should beat these products out of the water. In any case, it's not that good of a "deal" to me, so I'll pass.

What have you passed on, lately?

pailin
June 10th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Another big bottle of Pantene Aquapure, on sale. I have one full and 2 partial bottles still, I'll manage to survive until the next sale.....

Frankenstein
June 10th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I actually can't think of anything I've passed on lately... and this is why I have a huge stash of products :lol:

vampyyri
June 10th, 2016, 12:00 PM
I very pretty pair of hairsticks that I would link here... but there's only one pair(I may still cave and get them)! They've been sitting in my etsy favorites for two weeks... but I'm hesitating at dropping $33 on my hair of all things.

June 10th, 2016, 12:02 PM
I actually can't think of anything I've passed on lately... and this is why I have a huge stash of products :lol: ^ THAT, LOL xD

Nique1202
June 10th, 2016, 12:04 PM
One of the stores near where I live stocks these lovely combs sometimes... but I have no use for combs! My hair's too slippery to hold on to them, and I don't dress fancy enough for them to match what I wear, no matter how gorgeous they are.

Also, basically everything on Etsy. Sticks, forks, decorative baubles. :laugh:

hayheadsbird
June 10th, 2016, 12:10 PM
^ THAT, LOL xD
Me too! I didn't order the ketylo fork though...

diddiedaisy
June 10th, 2016, 01:01 PM
I actually can't think of anything I've passed on lately... and this is why I have a huge stash of products :lol:
Ditto, too hard to resist anything!!!

Silverbleed
June 10th, 2016, 01:58 PM
My mother brought a bottle of shampoo with her and asked if I could use it, because she bought 'the wrong one'.
But she forgot I don't use that type of shampoo anymore lol so I guess she's gonna give it to someone else.

Chromis
June 10th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Heh, I am much, much better at not buying things than I am at buying them!

MINAKO
June 10th, 2016, 02:41 PM
A hairpin by a you g jewerly designer i follow in instagram. It's made of solid silver and costs 480,- euros. Going by all the money i did NOT spend in hairtoys anywhere else i'm contemplating to buy it tho. Or talk someone into getting for my birthday lol.

theemeraldskull
June 10th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I want to do another henna treatment on my hair, but can't afford to right at the moment.

Really want to get a set of curlers and a good curling iron, but those will have to wait too. :P

Goatcraft
June 10th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Professional hair conditioner. Seeing as my sister is a hairstylist, she can take me inside of professional shops (you have to have a license to purchase anything).. But I had just bought a massive bottle of conditioner at Walmart, so it seemed foolish.

Kinda wish I had done it since she lives five hours away, in a different state (barely see her). Oh well!

MlleMC
June 10th, 2016, 03:35 PM

Me too. I guess it's a residue from my years of not having any money to spare.

Nadine <3
June 10th, 2016, 03:46 PM
I havent been looking at things because I can't afford stuff. I need to get some more manic panic so I can re-dye my hair but...I just had emergency surgery so I should probably pay for whatever insurance doesn't cover first. Even if i do have funny looking roots already.

Lavendersugar
June 10th, 2016, 04:01 PM
I have passed on some conditioners that have more oils and are in the "natural" category. I really want lavender smells but eh think I'll just buy the EO and add it to water for a hair spritz.

I also passed on buy more Suave shampoo. I like matching shampoo and conditioner scents but I don't need 5 different scents.

purpleelephant
June 10th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Olaplex. I've been wanting to try it on my megableached ends, as any protection or small change would help, but I'm not willing to buy the large bottles for $25-30 each and find that it doesn't work for me (or alternately, make an ebay account *just* to buy marked up, sample-sized portions)

nalgena
June 11th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Hair stick. I was a bit pricey and not quite the color I'd like. I'm still not sure whether I should get it, because generally and sort of buns make my scalp very sore.

Mirabele
June 11th, 2016, 04:46 AM
TT sticks always TT sticks for me. There were few here on the swap board that i really loved and few in his etsy shop that i really wanted. I love these sticks but just couldn't justify that amount of money when i alteady own three preties. Part of me was proud of myself, part of me regretted, part of me knows i am not going to be that strong next time anyway;)

lapushka
June 11th, 2016, 04:53 AM
I'm kicking myself for not participating in the John Frieda discount (it is 50% off after all, which is a lot). The items are still pricey in an of themselves, though, and I have SO much to use up still, so I'll stick to my resolve of not buying. Yay!

I have so much to use up that things really have to be a *great* deal, or worth it in some way or other, for me to do it. Plus I am running out of places to put things. :o

I recently noticed that Quattro is now $14 shipping versus the old $4, to Belgium at least. Quite a difference. So I am lucky I have bought things from him in the past, so I have my standard forks and some topped ones from him to use. And, honestly, they hardly wear out or get destroyed, so I'm set for a while. It will have to be an extra-ordinary beautiful fork for me to keel over and buy. :lol:

Mademoiselle
June 11th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Last week buy coconut oil because it took months without, also buy vitamins because it is time of shed for me (June-July every year), I wanted to try avocado oil and not buy it because I always think it's too spending then... also I left me wanting sweet almond oil :rolleyes:

restless
June 11th, 2016, 06:48 AM
I did not buy that gorgeous Quattro unicorn piece the other day

...or so I wish I could say, but that´d be a filthy lie ;) Im a hopeless case.

nakima
June 11th, 2016, 01:02 PM

This is me too haha!

sumidha
June 11th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Hair forks from Crockett Mountain. I'm forcing myself to wait until they re-stock the color I want the most, instead of buying ones I don't want as much just because they're currently available.

diddiedaisy
June 11th, 2016, 03:40 PM
I did not buy that gorgeous Quattro unicorn piece the other day

...or so I wish I could say, but that´d be a filthy lie ;) Im a hopeless case.

Is that a peony bowl of beauty I see on your avatar? I have some flowering at the moment, so pretty. Sorry to digress!!

Llama
June 11th, 2016, 05:31 PM
The Pantene beautiful lengths conditioner was on sale at target the other day. Been wanting to try it since I don't think I've ever tried anything by Pantene before and have heard good things about that line. I had it in my cart then decided I don't need it and put it back on the shelf. Saved like 3 dollars lol

lapushka
June 11th, 2016, 05:33 PM
The Pantene beautiful lengths conditioner was on sale at target the other day. Been wanting to try it since I don't think I've ever tried anything by Pantene before and have heard good things about that line. I had it in my cart then decided I don't need it and put it back on the shelf. Saved like 3 dollars lol

Darn. You should have gotten it. 3 dollars is nothing for that product. Often the Pantene stuff is on sale at our local discount store for less than 2 euro. When it's there, I usually let my mom stock up.

irishsapphire
June 11th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Half of everything I just added to my Etsy cart.... But I failed on one shop.... Several sets of sticks coming my way....

BUT the other nine shops and their several hundreds of dollars of items are still securely in my etsy cart.

So a half success???

Seeshami
June 11th, 2016, 09:20 PM
More hacksaws that are not big enough

yahirwaO.o
June 11th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Chesse and I mean actual chesse, not the chesse poll option LOL!!!

.... Ironically, I also happened to bought a super cheapy mexican brand conditioner for less than a dollar ($15 pesos). Its great, neon pink, some panthenol, low on cone and very light too for my fine strands! Seems like I've found my holy grail conditioner. :happydance:

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/20160606_213033_zps9lwiyhuq.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/20160606_213033_zps9lwiyhuq.jpg.html)

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/20160606_213012_zps58ypheva.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/20160606_213012_zps58ypheva.jpg.html)
Ignore the spanish words and read the ingredients (those are easy to read not that different in English)

languagenut
June 11th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Chesse and I mean actual chesse, not the chesse poll option LOL!!!

.... Ironically, I also happened to bought a super cheapy mexican brand conditioner for less than a dollar ($15 pesos). Its great, neon pink, some panthenol, low on cone and very light too for my fine strands! Seems like I've found my holy grail conditioner. :happydance:

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/20160606_213033_zps9lwiyhuq.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/20160606_213033_zps9lwiyhuq.jpg.html)

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/20160606_213012_zps58ypheva.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/20160606_213012_zps58ypheva.jpg.html)
Ignore the spanish words and read the ingredients (those are easy to read not that different in English)

Ignore the Spanish words? Impossible! Hmm... "Silk of Roses".

I had to look up "punta", and in the dictionary there's the sentence "Córteme sólo las puntas", translated "I just want the ends trimmed"; that might be useful...

restless
June 12th, 2016, 02:59 AM
Is that a peony bowl of beauty I see on your avatar? I have some flowering at the moment, so pretty. Sorry to digress!!

Yes its a peony :) My favorite flower ever. If I could I would have a whole garden full of them :D

yahirwaO.o
June 12th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Yes it actually says that you apply the enjuague just to the ends of hair (puntas del cabello). It actually reminds of those old type hair washin products from the 80s and 90s. My hais feels amazing too! I cabt figure out any rose extract or something. Well at least the package is cute!!! He he

Doreen
June 12th, 2016, 02:40 PM
I'm trying to hold off on buying any new hairtoys until I decide exactly how much I'm going trim off. But I've seen so many beautiful items here on the swap board and etsy that I've had to pass up :(

There was a TT the other day that I almost caved and got bc I know it'd still fit after trimming but I knew it wasn't in my budget. Ugh, one day. One day.

lapushka
June 12th, 2016, 02:45 PM
I'm trying to hold off on buying any new hairtoys until I decide exactly how much I'm going trim off. But I've seen so many beautiful items here on the swap board and etsy that I've had to pass up :(

There was a TT the other day that I almost caved and got bc I know it'd still fit after trimming but I knew it wasn't in my budget. Ugh, one day. One day.

I'm sure if you get a 6 inch hairtoy that it will be good for now, as well as after trimming. ;) Not wanting to enable or anything... :whistle:

Kendrix
June 12th, 2016, 05:01 PM
The bee hair sticks from lilla rose (the ones that match the flexi of the month). I love them, but I can't bring myself to actually check out with the pair of them because I have a haul coming in the mail that I bought off the swap board at the end of May. I have more NOT-hair purchases than purchases. I just want everything.

Llama
June 12th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Darn. You should have gotten it. 3 dollars is nothing for that product. Often the Pantene stuff is on sale at our local discount store for less than 2 euro. When it's there, I usually let my mom stock up.

I'm sure there will be other opportunities to get it on sale :)

lithostoic
June 13th, 2016, 05:58 AM
I bought a black bic lighter yesterday. It looked cool.

Arctic
June 13th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Half of everything I just added to my Etsy cart.... But I failed on one shop.... Several sets of sticks coming my way....

BUT the other nine shops and their several hundreds of dollars of items are still securely in my etsy cart.

So a half success???

Did you know you can favourite items, and even organize them in folders? No need to put stuff into the cart, unless you really plan to buy.

My non-bought item is currently at swap board. It's been calling my name since I saw it - which practically never happens because I am not into hair "toys". Alas it'd be way too big for me.

languagenut
June 13th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Yes it actually says that you apply the enjuague just to the ends of hair (puntas del cabello). It actually reminds of those old type hair washin products from the 80s and 90s. My hais feels amazing too! I cabt figure out any rose extract or something. Well at least the package is cute!!! He he

Well who needs rose extract when you have "Fragancia" and "FD&C rojo #33"? :p

But I will desist from my tangentiation...

adrenaline
July 5th, 2016, 07:42 AM
On Saturday i wanted to buy finally a Kent brush, but i didn't.

Groovy Granny
July 10th, 2016, 11:26 AM
FREE France Luxe hair accessories after being given gift certificates for previous purchase reviews ;)