PDA

View Full Version : The "slow hair growth club"

summergame
June 9th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Please enjoy the club when you have a slow hairgrowth. Mine grows less than 1 cm a month. We can cheer up each other and let's forget the loooong time our hair needs to growth to reach our milestone!

MariaPon
June 9th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Not being able to measure on my own, I either have slowly-growing hair or I'm looking at it so much that I just don't notice it.. Either way, frustration all the way haha

luxurioushair
June 9th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Please enjoy the club when you have a slow hairgrowth. Mine grows less than 1 cm a month. We can cheer up each other and let's forget the loooong time our hair needs to growth to reach our milestone!
Did you try drinking a lot of water everyday?

summergame
June 10th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Did you try drinking a lot of water everyday?

Yes I do drink much water! :)

ShDiHa
June 10th, 2016, 11:35 AM
I think I have slow growing hair. I cut my hair into a just below chin bob in 2011, right after high school. My friend got a pixie in 2013. Her hair is now past waist. My hair is just at BSL.

Savvyhorsez
June 14th, 2016, 04:00 AM
I think I need to join, my hair only grew an inch this past year. :(

gustavonut
June 14th, 2016, 04:15 AM
I belong here! I was supposed to be BSL last Christmas and am still floating around APL :(

Rhodugune
June 14th, 2016, 05:39 AM
Oh this is a group for me as I also only get about 1 cm in growth per month, have for years and years so it has sadly has no other reason then genetics.

I have been growing my hair long all my life, at first it didn't get longer then waist as I went to the hairdressers too often, them telling me that I had to trim that often and that much.

Then I stopped going and that made my hair slowly reach about tailbone length, but in a sad state as I didn't know anything about caring for long hair, how to protect it from mechanical damage.

I found LHC about 5 years ago and I learned finally how to take better care of it and I almost reached fingertip length, but then life happened, had too much on my plate to have the energy to properly take care of it even though I knew how and I had to cut back to somewhere above tailbone to get rid of the damage of wearing it down too often.

Here I am today, well last month, just about to take a my monthly length shot in the next few days.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23513&d=1465903745

This is my hair length in August last year after having trimmed a few inches off.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20059&d=1448479824

I have since then done a little trim in April.
Before
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22796&d=1462029740

After
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22797&d=1462029764

It helps me to see that it does grow, taking monthly pics as it doesn't feel that it does get any longer.

Arctic
June 14th, 2016, 05:55 AM
I have hair that grows about 1 cm a month (which of course is the avarage, so in a hair growth context it's actually not even slow but normal), very consistently, although this spring I seemed to have few months of a bit faster growth - or perhaps it was that I wasn't really thinking of my hair.

I trim often and am tall with long distances between milestones, so it usually appears to grow like molasses. With minimal/no trimming milestones will take about a year to reach. My hair doesn't do well with no trimming, and since I like fresh ends anyway, I try not to fret over it - if it gains length and conquers milestones pretty slowly, so be it. I think I might gain something like 10-8 cm a year on avarage, after trimming is reduced. I have been trying to opt more for dustings than trimming, but it seems like if I go too long time with dusting only - even if it is very regular - my ends suffer.

I sometimes imagine what life would be like with fast growing hair, and as someone who has had short or shortish hair most of her life, I think it would be annoying when trying to maintain a shape.

Anyway, my best advice is to enjoy our hair, to not concentrate on the growth, and to take as good care of it as you know how/are willing to (I for example, draw the line on sleeping caps and sating pillow cases, ha ha).

yvsa
June 14th, 2016, 06:01 AM
I've got slow growth. I also trim to much but i'm getting out of that habit (only trimmed once this year,:cool:). But still..... my hair grows slow. Absolutely no more than 1 cm a month. So i'm experiencing difficulty with growing out of akward stages... In the past couple of years i've never past shoulder length. But i try to stay positive: summer is coming and i will try to enjoy my "between chin and shoulder length" hair. And then by the time winter is coming my hair will be solid shoulder length. Hopefully:lala:.

chen bao jun
June 14th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Oh this is a group for me as I also only get about 1 cm in growth per month, have for years and years so it has sadly has no other reason then genetics.

I have been growing my hair long all my life, at first it didn't get longer then waist as I went to the hairdressers too often, them telling me that I had to trim that often and that much.

Then I stopped going and that made my hair slowly reach about tailbone length, but in a sad state as I didn't know anything about caring for long hair, how to protect it from mechanical damage.

I found LHC about 5 years ago and I learned finally how to take better care of it and I almost reached fingertip length, but then life happened, had too much on my plate to have the energy to properly take care of it even though I knew how and I had to cut back to somewhere above tailbone to get rid of the damage of wearing it down too often.

Here I am today, well last month, just about to take a my monthly length shot in the next few days.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23513&d=1465903745

This is my hair length in August last year after having trimmed a few inches off.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20059&d=1448479824

I have since then done a little trim in April.
Before
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22796&d=1462029740

After
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22797&d=1462029764

It helps me to see that it does grow, taking monthly pics as it doesn't feel that it does get any longer.

You are actually a great encouragement to me. I love your hair!

I don't know what 1 cm. is in inches. Mine grows about 1/4 inch a month, so far as I can tell. That's not much but at least it grows. It's also curly, so it takes a while to see the growth. But as I said, at least it grows.

I am inching towards waist here. Most of the people who joined LHC around the same I did hit waist two years ago and a lot no longer post. but on the other hand, my hair is now mid-back, which its never been before--and it is definitely growing.

Arctic
June 15th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Chen, 1 cm is (slightly less than) ~0.4 inches. And 0.25 inches would be (little over) ~0,6 cm.

Lol, those who joined same time as me with approx same length hair as I had, are around the calf region today :D (namely, Hypnotica!). Of course then we are talking about mostly about effect of trimming and cutting and even chopping I have done and not growth.

summergame
June 15th, 2016, 04:40 AM
The ones that started with me are now classic or beyond that. But I've also cut it several times because it weighted to much. Now I have a lightly weighted hairdoss.

Rhodugune
June 15th, 2016, 09:57 AM
You are actually a great encouragement to me. I love your hair!

I don't know what 1 cm. is in inches. Mine grows about 1/4 inch a month, so far as I can tell. That's not much but at least it grows. It's also curly, so it takes a while to see the growth. But as I said, at least it grows.

I am inching towards waist here. Most of the people who joined LHC around the same I did hit waist two years ago and a lot no longer post. but on the other hand, my hair is now mid-back, which its never been before--and it is definitely growing.

Oh thank you so much, you gave me the biggest smile telling me that and 1 cm is about 0.39inches.

spirals
June 15th, 2016, 10:02 AM
I don't know if mine is slow-growing or if it seems so because of breakage. I joined 4 years ago (hairiversary this month) and it's gone from 16" (40.64 cm) to 31" (78.74 cm). There's a 9-inch discrepancy between how much growth I've gained and how much I should have. I've had a few trims, but I don't know if it's 9 inches worth. Further, I rarely measure and I don't keep track at all. So I'm just guessing.

Katia_k
June 16th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Mine is also slow. Measuring is also hard because it's puffy and curly. I just had someone measure for me and she made it sound like my hair didn't grow at all, but without seeing it myself I'm not sure if I trust that or not.

Either way, so slow so frustrating.

lapushka
June 16th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Judging from the hair that comes off under my arms every week, I'd say that's about 4 mm of growth, times 4 equals 1.6cm. I think the hair on my head grows a little slower than that. But if you have about 1cm, I wouldn't call it that slow of a growth, I mean the average is half an inch a month, that's not much more than that. Maybe I'm too optimistic. ;)

nakima
June 19th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Rhodugune, I think your hair is really nice! It was once ftl? It would take forever for my hair to get that long ha! my hair grows on average 1/2 inch per month,I know that's average for most but it just seems to take forever for my hair to grow. Also I have fine hair and it tends to break easily so since joining tlc I am learning to take better care of it and things are going much better now. Hoping to make classic by the end of the year.

nakima
June 19th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Mine is also slow. Measuring is also hard because it's puffy and curly. I just had someone measure for me and she made it sound like my hair didn't grow at all, but without seeing it myself I'm not sure if I trust that or not.

Either way, so slow so frustrating.

The way I can tell my hair is gaining length is by measuring it when I pull it around to the front in the shower. It is now past hips when pulled around and it seemed to take forever to get past my bellybutton ha! it's not the #'s just the visual :) I had a friend measure for me a few times and according to her measurments my hair isn't growing at all! so I just do my own thing. I also see where my hair hits my butt and then I just measure from forehead to that point and it seems pretty accurate.

celtic
July 23rd, 2016, 04:45 AM
hi, i think i am a slow hair growth, at almost 50 my hair has taken so long to grow again, cut my hair from tbl to chin back in 2011 and it feels like it has taken forever to grow back to tbl. my hair used to grow like 7 inches in 1 year but this last 5 years it feels like it has grown so slowly. I now do a trim once a year, so i do not know if it is because i stopped trimming three times a year or it is just my age. maybe i need to keep a diary of growth, cuts, trims etc.

Alma Petra
July 26th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Me too my hair grows by about 1 cm per month only. Plus I suffer from a lot of breakage. My hair seems to have no elasticity at all :( I wonder if anybody knows how to improve this.
Moreover, I have very curly hair, type 4a/3c and so even if my hair grows in length, it won't easily show.
I do definitely belong to this club.

lapushka
July 26th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Me too my hair grows by about 1 cm per month only. Plus I suffer from a lot of breakage. My hair seems to have no elasticity at all :( I wonder if anybody knows how to improve this.
Moreover, I have very curly hair, type 4a/3c and so even if my hair grows in length, it won't easily show.
I do definitely belong to this club.

Do you do protein treatments once in a while (not too much, like once a month is enough)?

Alma Petra
July 26th, 2016, 01:58 PM
I have done gelatin treatments but they didn't seem to do anything to my hair. Then I recently tried a commercial treatment with hydrolyzed wheat protein and it made my hair very rough to the touch and now I'm not sure if I should try again with a different product or if my hair hates protein..

Arctic
July 26th, 2016, 02:12 PM
No stretching, breakage, dry and rough, not responding to ptotein sounds like protein overload. I'd toss all (!) protein containing products and treatment until the situation imporoves (and then try then again very slowly if needed), and simultanously start a heavy moisturizing programme. It can take a long while before protein overload gets better, even over a month, but with diligent moisturizing your hair should become more balanced again (protein-moisture balanse).

Alma Petra
July 27th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Hmmm what you say makes a lot of sense Arctic. Maybe that's what I should start with. No protein and a lot of moisture. I'll try to look at the ingredients of all my products and see which ones contain protein in order to avoid them for a while.
BTW is honey considered a protein?

Arctic
July 28th, 2016, 04:44 AM
Hmmm what you say makes a lot of sense Arctic. Maybe that's what I should start with. No protein and a lot of moisture. I'll try to look at the ingredients of all my products and see which ones contain protein in order to avoid them for a while.
BTW is honey considered a protein?

No honey is a humectant, meaning it helps moisturize hair (unless person lives in super-super dry climate/air conditions).

Tosca
July 28th, 2016, 06:12 AM
For those wondering what 1cm is in fractionated inches, it is pretty much dead on 3/8 of an inch. 1/2 an inch is 13mm.

Alma Petra
July 29th, 2016, 10:56 PM
Oh good. I was asking because I have a conditioner that I like that contains honey and I was worried that that may mean it contains protein. I'll try to go protein free from now on.

butterfly_dream
July 30th, 2016, 03:40 AM
This is a group for me. I’m only getting about 13 cm of growth per year. (a bit over 5 inches).:(

Arctic
July 30th, 2016, 03:55 AM
Good luck, I hope you get results soon! It might take few weeks for your hair to get in balanse again, so be patient! (If the unbalance would be the other way around, too little protein, it would be much quicker to fix). This has probably been the single most important thing I have learned about my own hair, that it doesn't do well with proteins. When I avoid them most of the time and moisturize a lot it makes my hair feel and behave so nice.

Daydreamer.
July 30th, 2016, 04:02 AM
I'll join, too. I get a small amount of hair growth each month (0.3"?). My fringe gets the least amount growth. I've been trying to grow it since forever.

lapushka
July 30th, 2016, 08:14 AM
This is a group for me. I’m only getting about 13 cm of growth per year. (a bit over 5 inches).:(

That's not bad! :)

butterfly_dream
July 30th, 2016, 09:02 AM
That's not bad! :)

I am happy in any case; at least my hair doesn't split easily. :D

Alma Petra
July 30th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Good luck, I hope you get results soon! It might take few weeks for your hair to get in balanse again, so be patient! (If the unbalance would be the other way around, too little protein, it would be much quicker to fix). This has probably been the single most important thing I have learned about my own hair, that it doesn't do well with proteins. When I avoid them most of the time and moisturize a lot it makes my hair feel and behave so nice.

Thanks a lot! I hope so me too. I wonder how many washes it will take for the rough feeling and dryness to go away.. Would I need to clarify as well? I don't like shampoo because I feel that it strips my hair. I dread having to use it..

CuteCrow
August 12th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Resuscitating this thread to join in. I grow a sad average of 0.8cm a month which gives me about 10cm a year. I've been experimenting around but it seems like nothing makes my hair grow faster. Currently I'm trying the invertion method.
That probably means that my hair's terminal length is a lot shorter than I wished it was. Has any slow grower here grown beyond classic?

elfynity
August 13th, 2020, 02:32 AM
I'm also glad this has been revived. My hair grows normal to perhaps fast speed, BUT, because it is so fine the ends damage very quickly and so unless I trim them, my hair doesn't grow at all - so, in essence, I land up with slow growth.
I've changed now to S&D only and no more trims, so hoping this will enable me to gain length quicker, while still staying healthy.

I posted this pic in the year comparison thread, but am posting here for reference! Hmm, how many inches is that in 2 years? Maybe 4? I know everyone here will appreciate these efforts!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42166&d=1596309369

0xalis
August 13th, 2020, 03:53 AM
I will never take my .6'' a month for granted again! :hmm: I always felt like my hair grew slowly, especially during the awkward phases... y'all make me realize how easy I really have it.
Sending you all good vibes and wishing you growth spurts and steady progress :D

Fimu
August 13th, 2020, 04:10 AM
What growth speed range is considered as slow?

My hair grows between 1 and 1.5 cm a month (depending on the season I guess) and I often have read in media that 3/8" (1 cm) or 0.5" (1.23 cm) a month is considered average.

I also wonder, who of you does live in a climate with cool summers? I wonder to what extent the climate plays a role in the hair growth speed since I understood in one of my threads that people have reported faster hair growth after a trip in a tropical country.

Bat
August 13th, 2020, 06:00 AM
I'll be here too more than likely I dunno if I even grow half an Inch I find it hard to measure my hair, I'm sure my bad diet doesn't help my rate either, will be interesting to see if eating better will help

ynne
August 13th, 2020, 10:04 PM

My hair grows between 1 and 1.5 cm a month (depending on the season I guess) and I often have read in media that 3/8" (1 cm) or 0.5" (1.23 cm) a month is considered average.

I also wonder, who of you does live in a climate with cool summers? I wonder to what extent the climate plays a role in the hair growth speed since I understood in one of my threads that people have reported faster hair growth after a trip in a tropical country.

That's a good question! I've read about similar numbers. It's possible that in many cases, what feels slow is actually fairly common. :) That may be reassuring knowledge, at least.

I tried searching through the hair poll forum for comparison, and there are a few polls, like this one (in inches only) (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141213). The newer one from jane (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151488) is a lot more detailed, but doesn't have that many votes yet.

The climate one might make for a nice poll, too! (I don't know my growth rate yet.)

Bat
August 13th, 2020, 10:17 PM
Mines 1-2cm I Think? Not too sure myself must test that some how almost wish I didn't thow my bleach out could have done a tiny section so we could have seen but I know what I'm like I'd Color over it before the month is out

ynne
August 13th, 2020, 10:26 PM
Mines 1-2cm I Think? Not too sure myself must test that some how almost wish I didn't thow my bleach out could have done a tiny section so we could have seen but I know what I'm like I'd Color over it before the month is out

You could measure your hair the LHC way (from the front of hairline to the longest part in back, there are some picture tutorials if needed) and compare that after a month? I think that'd work on your length already!

Bat
August 14th, 2020, 12:52 AM
You could measure your hair the LHC way (from the front of hairline to the longest part in back, there are some picture tutorials if needed) and compare that after a month? I think that'd work on your length already!

I usually do that but it has measured the same for months but I know it has grown

Totohoy
August 14th, 2020, 03:28 AM
I'm also glad this has been revived. My hair grows normal to perhaps fast speed, BUT, because it is so fine the ends damage very quickly and so unless I trim them, my hair doesn't grow at all - so, in essence, I land up with slow growth.
I've changed now to S&D only and no more trims, so hoping this will enable me to gain length quicker, while still staying healthy.

I posted this pic in the year comparison thread, but am posting here for reference! Hmm, how many inches is that in 2 years? Maybe 4? I know everyone here will appreciate these efforts!

I feel you. My hair does the same thing.

However! While I can't see the picture you posted, looking at your signature there is a huge difference in the shape and fullness of your hem!

CuteCrow
August 14th, 2020, 05:21 AM

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42166&d=1596309369
That surely is inspiring, and you can see clearly your thickness traveling down! I too have baby fine hair that has to be treated like old lace or it gets damaged like crazy. Not sure
if this would count as slow growth though as you said it actually grows rather fast from the roots and I think that's what most people are here for. But I think anyone is welcome nonetheless.

I've read that anything between 0.5cm to 2cm is considered normal but most people consider anything below 1cm slow and above 1.5 fast. And this trichologist page (https://www.hairscientists.org/hair-and-scalp-conditions/nutrition-and-hair-health) says that normal is between 0.5 to 1.7cm.

As for the second question. I grew up and spent most of my life on a tropical island (well, subtropical but close enough) and my partner is from a tropical country too, now we are living in a much cooler country and neither of us have seen any difference in growth. I don't think a simple trip to a hotter environment is what makes people see faster growth, I'd even say that people tend to damage their hair more in those kind of trips (sun, seawater, chlorinated water...). If I had to guess I'd say it's probably be related to vitamin D deficiencies or stress.

I usually do that but it has measured the same for months but I know it has grown
Maybe it's breakage? But from your pictures it doesn't seem like so. You were going to grow your natural hair, weren't you? You could measure your roots as they grow to have an estimate of how much it grows in a month. I think I also suggested somewhere else placing a piece of paper under your roots on your shaved side, marking the length of the hairs with a pencil and then measuring the length from the paper.

Fimu
August 14th, 2020, 07:38 AM
I've read that anything between 0.5cm to 2cm is considered normal but most people consider anything below 1cm slow and above 1.5 fast. And this trichologist page (https://www.hairscientists.org/hair-and-scalp-conditions/nutrition-and-hair-health) says that normal is between 0.5 to 1.7cm.

As for the second question. I grew up and spent most of my life on a tropical island (well, subtropical but close enough) and my partner is from a tropical country too, now we are living in a much cooler country and neither of us have seen any difference in growth. I don't think a simple trip to a hotter environment is what makes people see faster growth, I'd even say that people tend to damage their hair more in those kind of trips (sun, seawater, chlorinated water...). If I had to guess I'd say it's probably be related to vitamin D deficiencies or stress.

I agree with considering below 1 cm as slow and beyond 1.5 cm as fast.

Interesting point what you said about vitamin D, so I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a correlation proved between vitamin D levels and hair growth speed. I know genetics also play a role, but so does vitamin D level maintenance (for example, people with high melaninated skin tend to be more prone to vitamin D deficiency than a peer of same age and health with less melanin in their skin).

Hexana
August 14th, 2020, 04:00 PM
Hi all! I believe I belong to this club as well. My hair grows on average 11mm in 5 weeks (so about 1cm a month). I measure every time I henna so the measure is fairly precise.
I have noticed that my hair growth peaked maybe 2 times/months a year at 12mm and also dropped 2 times to 9mm, but I can't figure out why. Otherwise patience is all I can see as the most affective currently.

CuteCrow
August 14th, 2020, 05:02 PM
Hi all! I believe I belong to this club as well. My hair grows on average 11mm in 5 weeks (so about 1cm a month). I measure every time I henna so the measure is fairly precise.
I have noticed that my hair growth peaked maybe 2 times/months a year at 12mm and also dropped 2 times to 9mm, but I can't figure out why. Otherwise patience is all I can see as the most affective currently.

Welcome to the club! Oh, I can't measure my hair so precisely. I just get how much it grew between certain dates and divide it by the number of months, that gives me quite a steady 0.8cm a month.
Also, it's completely normal to grow at different rates, there's so many things that affect hair growth that's it's hard to pinpoint the cause. I agree that patience is the key here

Bat
August 14th, 2020, 08:42 PM
That surely is inspiring, and you can see clearly your thickness traveling down! I too have baby fine hair that has to be treated like old lace or it gets damaged like crazy. Not sure
if this would count as slow growth though as you said it actually grows rather fast from the roots and I think that's what most people are here for. But I think anyone is welcome nonetheless.

Maybe it's breakage? But from your pictures it doesn't seem like so. You were going to grow your natural hair, weren't you? You could measure your roots as they grow to have an estimate of how much it grows in a month. I think I also suggested somewhere else placing a piece of paper under your roots on your shaved side, marking the length of the hairs with a pencil and then measuring the length from the paper.

That isn't a bad idea. My hair is all black again so you can't see growth as easily, though the black isn't permanent it will wash out eventually

sipnsun
August 15th, 2020, 10:08 AM
Hey everyone, I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner. I belong in this club as well, my average growth is 1/4" per month. My sweet hubby has measured me for years and marks a tailor's measuring tape so I can see new growth. The most I have ever grown is 5/8" but that only happened once sadly (I made him measure 3x lol). I have gotten 1/2" a few times as well, all during summer months but again, not my norm. Being tall with a long torso and slow growing hair is tough. We need all the support we can get!

littlestarface
August 15th, 2020, 12:25 PM
OMG my hair is growing so sloooooooooooooooow this year like really slow. I'm so sad about it :cry: and I been taking vitamins like crazy this year too and nothing, its slower than normal. Maybe cuz i'm getting older who knows.

Bat
August 15th, 2020, 11:29 PM
I think I grow 1cm hoped I'd get close to an inch but no dice

elfynity
August 17th, 2020, 01:31 AM
I understood in one of my threads that people have reported faster hair growth after a trip in a tropical country.

As for the second question. I grew up and spent most of my life on a tropical island (well, subtropical but close enough) and my partner is from a tropical country too, now we are living in a much cooler country and neither of us have seen any difference in growth. I don't think a simple trip to a hotter environment is what makes people see faster growth, I'd even say that people tend to damage their hair more in those kind of trips (sun, seawater, chlorinated water...). If I had to guess I'd say it's probably be related to vitamin D deficiencies or stress..

Thank you CuteCrow! I guess we all have our very unique hair stories and characteristics. It is interesting about the sub tropical climate idea. I think there could be something to this. Everyone I know has fast growing hair here. But for me, it just doesn't show length quickly because of the fragile ends.

Bri-Chan
August 27th, 2020, 03:41 PM
I belong here. I grow to 1 cm a month, used to grow faster. It's taking forever!
I wonder if underweight could be involved :confused: but I have the same weight in years, and just in the last year my hair registered this slow growth. And I've also cured my anemia almost an year ago. Ironically, my health improved a lot, I've such an healthier lifestyle in general, and my body shows it with my soo much darker skin and my super strong nails. But hair... oh well, I have new hair but it grows very slow now.
My has grown 6.5 cm in 7 months, sigh. Including the 1.5 cm's trim I did in June, so 5 cm visually, when stretched.

Sorry for the complains, it's just the frustration.

lapushka
August 27th, 2020, 04:37 PM
I belong here. I grow to 1 cm a month, used to grow faster. It's taking forever!
I wonder if underweight could be involved :confused: but I have the same weight in years, and just in the last year my hair registered this slow growth. And I've also cured my anemia almost an year ago. Ironically, my health improved a lot, I've such an healthier lifestyle in general, and my body shows it with my soo much darker skin and my super strong nails. But hair... oh well, I have new hair but it grows very slow now.
My has grown 6.5 cm in 7 months, sigh. Including the 1.5 cm's trim I did in June, so 5 cm visually, when stretched.

Sorry for the complains, it's just the frustration.

1cm a month is good average growth, not "that" slow at all. Average is 1.25cm a month, so not that far off.

If you had said half a cm, yes that would have been slow.

Bri-Chan
August 28th, 2020, 01:07 AM
1cm a month is good average growth, not "that" slow at all. Average is 1.25cm a month, so not that far off.

If you had said half a cm, yes that would have been slow.

1 cm is the maximum I get. Some months I grow less... Used to grow 15/16 cm in a year...

lapushka
August 28th, 2020, 05:45 AM
1 cm is the maximum I get. Some months I grow less... Used to grow 15/16 cm in a year...

Maybe it's the length you're not retaining? Do you have damage at all in the last inches of the hair?

Bri-Chan
August 28th, 2020, 07:53 AM
Maybe it's the length you're not retaining? Do you have damage at all in the last inches of the hair?

I do have damage (bleach), the last... 15 cm is the worst part. Fortunately I haven't a lot of breakage, at least not to be so visible. I took a look to my regrowth after 10 months and half without dying, seems about 9 cm. Maybe it's not extremely slow, but slower compared to what used to be. Anyway, I'll take more attention with breakage.

lapushka
August 28th, 2020, 09:50 AM
I do have damage (bleach), the last... 15 cm is the worst part. Fortunately I haven't a lot of breakage, at least not to be so visible. I took a look to my regrowth after 10 months and half without dying, seems about 9 cm. Maybe it's not extremely slow, but slower compared to what used to be. Anyway, I'll take more attention with breakage.

It might just be that you aren't noticing it breaking off, especially not if you wear it down a lot. Which might explain this. If all the damage is gone maybe try measuring your growth again. :)

Bri-Chan
August 28th, 2020, 05:12 PM
It might just be that you aren't noticing it breaking off, especially not if you wear it down a lot. Which might explain this. If all the damage is gone maybe try measuring your growth again. :)

All the damage isn't gone, it will take years. So do you think that wearing my hair up will make more visible when breakage happen (also if it's a protective style)?

lapushka
August 28th, 2020, 05:37 PM
All the damage isn't gone, it will take years. So do you think that wearing my hair up will make more visible when breakage happen (also if it's a protective style)?

I think there are always benefits to wearing the hair up, you might break off less bits therefore retaining more length. You could try, even if you just do it a couple days a week. I'm sure it would be helpful!