PDA

View Full Version : Ways to moisturize my hair?

RebekahE
June 8th, 2016, 04:23 PM
I feel like my hair is still dry even though it's June. I usually deal with static through the winter but it goes away April/May. I am still dealing with it. Does anyone have ideas for re-moisturizing my hair. I plan on oiling it up tonight with olive oil and covering it tomorrow when I'm outside until I can wash it in the evening and next week I am going to do a deep conditioning. I use a tangle teezer because I don't have the patience for a comb, I always dampen it with water before I brush my hair. Next time I go to Sally's Beauty I am going to see if they have a wood or bone comb and try a comb again.
This is the shampoo and conditioner I am using and I really like them: http://www.vitacost.com/jason-pure-natural-shampoo-long-and-strong-jojoba-16-fl-oz
http://www.vitacost.com/jason-pure-natural-long-and-strong-conditioner-jojoba

Almost forgot to add, I am going to try conditioning my hair with some heavy conditioner before I shampoo and then after I shampoo I will condition it again with my normal cream rinse.

meteor
June 8th, 2016, 04:41 PM
My favorite moisturizing treatment if the hair is super-dry is probably honey + oil + conditioner pack pre-wash. Alternatively, SMTs can work pretty well in steamy shower (it's best to use humectant masks in high-humidity conditions to draw moisture to hair).
Also, consider oil rinses (a few drops of oil spread on hair between shampooing and conditioning or added to conditioner) or LOC (liquid/leave-in + oil + cream) post-wash - they should help with static quite a bit.

And yes, wooden comb or horn comb should help reduce static compared to a plastic brush. :agree: If you don't want to shop for those online, you could check out the Body Shop for their detangling comb (birch wood) - I think it's pretty good, easy to find locally and affordable, too.

celtic
July 25th, 2016, 12:18 AM
I use a mix of coconut oil, castor oil, EVOO, rosehip oil, and shead butter in a spray bottle with half the bottle filled with water and add 2 tbsp of deep treatment condish, after shaking before using spray liberally daily, and let air dry. it helps me a lot with moisture retention.

lapushka
July 25th, 2016, 08:43 AM
I tried a Jason shampoo once, the thickening one. OMG grossest shampoo I ever tried in my life. That's just my experience. I don't know why but it didn't spread right, the consistency was splotchy and... nope, nope; no good.

But that was not your question. :lol:

You can do a lot for moisture, like an oil rinse for instance, or the LOC method after washing. Both links are in my signature. It's too much to explain in this message.