PDA

View Full Version : What My Hair Looks Like Now (pics)

kittengirl
June 5th, 2016, 07:28 PM
So, I have not posted a hair pic in literally years. Lately it's been due to the fact that I have been very self conscious about my hair thinning due to illness and meds. I'm off the meds and doing well after a December surgery, and my extreme shedding finally seems to be slowing a bit. I've lost over an inch of my total thickness though, bumping me from iii down to ii. I know my hair isn't "thin" per se, but it feels so to me since I was used to it being thicker. It was severely neglected during all of my health issues, so I am coaxing it back to health with lots of SMT and occasional protein treatments. Especially my double braids....I did them last night for the first time and was a bit sad over how thin and tiny they felt. (I'm speaking about my hair compared to how my hair was before...meaning this is not normal for me; I'm not knocking smaller braids in general. :p If they had always been this way I would be fine with it, but for me it meant something was wrong). I have the halo of fuzz that tells me it is trying to grow back though. I also henna my roots when needed and henna gloss the rest of it. I finally learned how to post pics in threads, so I thought I might as well share....I'd appreciate any advice, or if you see my hair and go, "oh my gosh you need to- whatever-" I will gladly accept advice! Part of me is a little scared to grow out because I get worried the terrible shed might happen again, but for me having longer hair now is a sign that I am getting better finally and becoming a bit more normal (healthwise...in general normal will never happen, lol)

I call it APL right now. My goal is Classic.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23334&d=1465175512

Single braid:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23335&d=1465175535

And double braids:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23336&d=1465175550

Next time I wash I may post a pic asking for help hair typing...this hair is a couple days post wash and has been up in a bun.

dansyl
June 5th, 2016, 07:31 PM
when i see pics of people with apl hair... i'm like... hey! that's long hair! haha why doesn't it feel long on me?? but... it looks great and i wish you well on your journey to classic.

kittengirl
June 5th, 2016, 07:33 PM
when i see pics of people with apl hair... i'm like... hey! that's long hair! haha why doesn't it feel long on me?? but... it looks great and i wish you well on your journey to classic.

I know, right??!! My hair feels sooo short to me...always seems longer on someone else. But thank you!

MeAndTheMaz
June 5th, 2016, 07:42 PM
I know you were comparing your thickness to your former thickness, but if all of my hair made a thick a braid as half of yours, I'd be quite happy. :)

I'm glad you're on the road to recovery. Good health to you. And happy growing.

kittengirl
June 5th, 2016, 07:46 PM
I know you were comparing your thickness to your former thickness, but if all of my hair made a thick a braid as half of yours, I'd be quite happy. :)

I'm glad you're on the road to recovery. Good health to you. And happy growing.

Thank you so much!!

vampyyri
June 5th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Even if it is thinner, it looks very healthy and thick regardless!

I'm happy that you're recovering, and best of luck to you! :grouphug: Just know that you have a large group of people here to be your cheerleaders! :cheer:

I second the notion that APL does look long to me, and I must have some kind of hair dysphoria with my hair thinking that it's "not long enough" :shrug:

kittengirl
June 5th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Aww thank you so much! This is such a lovely group of people. :blossom:

Even if it is thinner, it looks very healthy and thick regardless!

I'm happy that you're recovering, and best of luck to you! :grouphug: Just know that you have a large group of people here to be your cheerleaders! :cheer:

I second the notion that APL does look long to me, and I must have some kind of hair dysphoria with my hair thinking that it's "not long enough" :shrug:

Ophidian
June 5th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Beautiful color too! :blossom:

Groovy Granny
June 5th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Welcome back ~ happy to hear you are in better health! :)

Your hair is gorgeous and looks thick to me; it is thicker than mine to be sure! lol

Happy growing :cheer:

kittengirl
June 5th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Beautiful color too! :blossom:

Thanks so much! I love henna!!

kittengirl
June 5th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Welcome back ~ happy to hear you are in better health! :)

Your hair is gorgeous and looks thick to me; it is thicker than mine to be sure! lol

Happy growing :cheer:

Thank you! It's good to be feeling better and caring about hair again...it sounds silly but when I was so sick I never thought about my hair, nice to care now!

Silverbrumby
June 5th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Kittengirl, such beautiful hair, color, texture and i love the soft wave.

Groovy Granny
June 5th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Thank you! It's good to be feeling better and caring about hair again...it sounds silly but when I was so sick I never thought about my hair, nice to care now!

I can understand that..been there; it is great to feel alive/well again and have nice things to focus on :)

Arctic
June 6th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Hey no need to apologetically explain why you feel sad about the lost thickness. All hair loss is to be taken seriously whether the hair originally was thick or thin. Of course it feels thinner to you, even if it still is at normal thickness. This feeling is valid even if your hair used to be iii. But rest assured it doesn't look thin to the rest of the world. Looks really nice and beautiful!

Wonderful to hear you have regrowth!!! :cheer:

lapushka
June 6th, 2016, 05:07 AM
It still looks pretty thick to me! Are you sure you're still not iii? I am sorry to hear of it thinning, that is a bad thing to go through, anything to do with hair loss and loss of hair length is. :flower:

Hope you're feeling better. :)

Wosie
June 6th, 2016, 05:43 AM
A fuzzy halo of regrowth is a good thing, yip yip, soon it'll end up in your braids again. :)

Your hair looks beautiful, yay for your waves and your hair colour! Your thickness reminds me of my own hair... I also feel my twin braids look rather thin (I wear them anyway as I think it's a cute look), but at the same time I'm not sad my hair isn't thicker--I already feel like my hair is like a heat cap during summer. *phew*

kittengirl
June 6th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Kittengirl, such beautiful hair, color, texture and i love the soft wave.
Thank you so much!!

I can understand that..been there; it is great to feel alive/well again and have nice things to focus on :)
In that case i am glad you are also better now!! :blossom:

Hey no need to apologetically explain why you feel sad about the lost thickness. All hair loss is to be taken seriously whether the hair originally was thick or thin. Of course it feels thinner to you, even if it still is at normal thickness. This feeling is valid even if your hair used to be iii. But rest assured it doesn't look thin to the rest of the world. Looks really nice and beautiful!

Wonderful to hear you have regrowth!!! :cheer:
Thank you so much! And thank you for understanding! I was just worried people would think I was silly for feeling bad about it..I should have known better here though. Everyone on this board seems so caring about others.

It still looks pretty thick to me! Are you sure you're still not iii? I am sorry to hear of it thinning, that is a bad thing to go through, anything to do with hair loss and loss of hair length is. :flower:

Hope you're feeling better. :)
It measured right at the slightly higher end of ii when I last checked...put the measure away for awhile so I wouldn't get obsessed lol. I'm glad it doesn't look at thin to others as it does to me!

A fuzzy halo of regrowth is a good thing, yip yip, soon it'll end up in your braids again. :)

Your hair looks beautiful, yay for your waves and your hair colour! Your thickness reminds me of my own hair... I also feel my twin braids look rather thin (I wear them anyway as I think it's a cute look), but at the same time I'm not sad my hair isn't thicker--I already feel like my hair is like a heat cap during summer. *phew*

Maybe we are hair twins?...in texture at least. Yours looks a bit lighter than mine in color maybe? Yes, I know the heat cap feeling lol. Nice in winter, in summer not so much. Thank you!!

umbrellabones
June 6th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Your hair looks awesome! And I love the color. Very beautiful

kittengirl
June 6th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Your hair looks awesome! And I love the color. Very beautiful

Thank you!

diddiedaisy
June 6th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Are you kidding???? Your hair is beautiful, it looks soft, shiny, bouncy and thick.....but sending you fairy dust to help your hair get back to what you are used to :)

kittengirl
June 6th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Are you kidding???? Your hair is beautiful, it looks soft, shiny, bouncy and thick.....but sending you fairy dust to help your hair get back to what you are used to :)

Awww thank you so much!! And fairy dust is always very welcome!!:p

Asrai
June 6th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! That colour & shine! It's going to be incredible as it gets longer. :heartbeat

kittengirl
June 6th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! That colour & shine! It's going to be incredible as it gets longer. :heartbeat

That is so encouraging, thank you! I really hope it goes well in the getting longer department. :)