PDA

View Full Version : ketylo sticks- technique?

Elfling
March 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM
For some reason I have a much harder time getting ketylo sticks to hold a bun than a regular straight hair stick. Is there anything I'm missing technique wise?

eadwine
March 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
Can you tell us how you are inserting them?

I have trouble with ketylos too, but it's because they are too thin for my hair. I just use scroos to support the do :)

florenonite
March 21st, 2008, 12:49 PM
What about rotating it as you insert it?

Elfling
March 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
Same way I would do a regular hair stick- straight into the bun, then go the opposite way I want to end up; flip, catch scalp hair, and wind back through.

It's weird, but it almost seems like my hair slips off the curves more. I'm also still a n00b to hairsticks in general :D so I'm practicing today.

DMARTINEZ
March 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM
I love my Ketylos, but they do need to be twisted as you insert on the final anchoring.
Just insert like normal but on the final insert TWIST. They are very smooth so that could
be something you have to get used to also. Good luck! They hold like a rock once you
get the hang of it! ;)

Deb

Elfling
March 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hey, thanks for the tips- my current bun is holding :D and held through yoga. Thanks, lovelies <3

truepeacenik
March 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
there might come a bun, or merely a day that the twist at the end does not do the job so well, change the direction of the twist, and slightly back out with it (a couple millimeters here).

I'm at the "gee, should I have gotten longs?" point and this new twist on the twist is working well with a single stick.

Curlsgirl
March 23rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
I finally traded my ketylos because I couldn't get them to work for me. For one thing I think I should have ordered the longs but I just couldn't get them to hold as well as my wooden Mei Feis or Graydogs. I wonder if thicker hair is harder to hold with them.

KateMcC
March 23rd, 2008, 01:15 PM
I love my ketylo sticks, but they are different from others. I have found that the updo relaxes a bit after insertion of the stick, so I originally set it a bit tighter. That, however, allows it to wear a more comfortably throughout the day. The twist due to the corkscrew carving is part of the charm and mystery as one adjusts to this stick.

Go to their website, as they give great information on sticks and styles. http://www.ketylo.com/servlet/StoreFront