PDA

View Full Version : Please help, need new conditioner!

FallingDarkness
June 2nd, 2016, 03:13 PM
I need cones in my conditioner for detangling purposes, but lately it's been weighing my hair down more than I'd like. I'm going to clarify next wash, obviously, but I think I should switch to a more light weight conditioner. Any ideas? What's worked for you?

lapushka
June 2nd, 2016, 04:08 PM
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration has silicones in it, but it detangles well and doesn't weigh hair down. I have F hair, and condition twice and this is almost always my 2nd conditioner.

Llama
June 2nd, 2016, 04:10 PM
I've been using the Herbal Essences smooth collection conditioner (the one in the pink bottle) pretty much exclusively lately and I love it.
It doesn't weigh my hair down at all and makes detangling so easy. I have tried a lot of conditioners and this one outshines them :)
Plus it smells really good and isn't expensive.

Groovy Granny
June 2nd, 2016, 04:10 PM
My silver is very fine and I love Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner

FallingDarkness
June 2nd, 2016, 04:25 PM
Oh, also, I CWC if that is any use for recommendations lol.

Thanks for the ideas so far! You guys are great.

BroadwayBeauty
June 2nd, 2016, 04:27 PM
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship works well for me. I also really like the Zotos Professional 180Pro conditioners, but I've only ever seen them at Sally's.

Groovy Granny
June 2nd, 2016, 04:27 PM
Oh, also, I CWC if that is any use for recommendations lol.

Thanks for the ideas so far! You guys are great.

I used mine for CO and CWC :)

Anje
June 2nd, 2016, 04:32 PM
HE Hello Hydration and Long Term Relationship are both good, but in my mind they're both a bit heavy. When I want something lighter, I usually reach for Suave Naturals Aloe & Waterlily. It detangles quite well, no silicones, no protein, and it doesn't smell like food. :) It also doesn't seem to build up for me, compared to those others, but that tends to be a very individual sort of experience.

RebekahE
June 2nd, 2016, 07:46 PM
I have been using this conditioner: http://m.vitacost.com/products/jason-pure-natural-long-and-strong-conditioner-jojoba along with the matching shampoo and so far I really like it. It smells amazing and it is strong enough to detangle my hair but it doesn't leave buikd-up.

school of fish
June 2nd, 2016, 08:17 PM
My go-to for well over a year has been Pantene Ice Shine. It's thick and rich, but rinses out very well for me in my extremely build-up prone hair. It has one light cone which gives me great slip but doesn't weigh down. It's been a winner for me :)

I know these things are very individual, but looks like you're getting a nice list of recommendations and reasons why they're peoples' favourites :) Options are good! :D

FallingDarkness
June 2nd, 2016, 08:38 PM
Yea, I might just buy them all and see what works for me :) My mom always needs more conditioner, anyways, and doesn't really have the same standards for hair care as I do, so I could do that with the leftovers lol

Entangled
June 2nd, 2016, 10:54 PM
I've enjoyed the Suave Naturals line, like the aforementioned aloe and water lily, and rainforest fresh and ocean breeze. They're cone-free and light weight for me, and aren't perfumed too strongly, which is a nice bonus. My hair is honestly mostly the same no matter what I put on it, but I have to clarify much less when I stick to that as opposed to Herbal Essences or Pantene, which I have lying around and use sometimes.

Katia_k
June 3rd, 2016, 12:10 AM
I've used tgin tripple moisture, but haven't used it enough to give a solid review.

I generally try to avoid silicones because low porrosity hair, but the one cone conditioner that my hair just loves that doesn't seem to weigh it down at all is Marc Anthony's moroccan oil and argan oil (some combination of those words), conditioner. It's pretty thick and feels heavy, but I get very soft and silky and bouncy hair from it, and it smells nice.

sillyme
June 3rd, 2016, 06:49 AM
I find, for my fine hair, that products that are labeled Volume Conditioners are usually more lightweight than moisturizing ones. I can't tell much difference between the ones with cones and the ones without.

Right now I'm rotating several that I find to be lightweight:

Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume ~ has cones
Vo5 Volumizer (this is their new line and it smells great!) ~ has cones
Toadstool Soaps Leave-in Conditioner (from Etsy shop ~very lightweight) ~ no cones
Desert Essence Fragrance Free Conditioner ~ no cones

lapushka
June 3rd, 2016, 06:55 AM
The Pantene Aqua Light conditioner might be a good one to try, as that is a more lightweight one.

spidermom
June 3rd, 2016, 07:01 AM
I've been using the Herbal Essences smooth collection conditioner (the one in the pink bottle) pretty much exclusively lately and I love it.
It doesn't weigh my hair down at all and makes detangling so easy. I have tried a lot of conditioners and this one outshines them :)
Plus it smells really good and isn't expensive.

I've been using this as well.

Thinkerbell
June 3rd, 2016, 07:32 AM
Pantene have by far the best coney conditioner that I have ever used before going cone free. I don't remember wich one is the best because I didn't use cone for like 4 years or more haha. The transparent bottle one worked super good on me! Pantene was my holy grail for both shampoo and conditioners :) my hair were so shiny, thick and smooth. Also like school of fish said the texture is super creamy ans rich bug doesn't weight down at all. Go for it!

Betazed
June 3rd, 2016, 08:46 AM
I'm keeping an eye on this thread. I recently decided to go back to more conventional type products after a year-long trial of all natural stuff that caused crazy shedding. My search for a new (hopefully permanent) shampoo & conditioner has started with a couple of LiveClean products (because they were half priceat my local Shoppers). I had decided to not be too picky about cones/no cones as I didn't really see a difference. I think I'll try out a few of these suggestions when I'm out of the Live Clwan stuff.

Obsidian
June 3rd, 2016, 04:31 PM
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration has silicones in it, but it detangles well and doesn't weigh hair down. I have F hair, and condition twice and this is almost always my 2nd conditioner.

My hair has been dry and tangled lately so I bought the trial sized hello hydration on your recommendation. Its only been a few hours since I washed & conditioned but my hair feels great, no tangles and its not weighed down at all. Look like I need to pick up full sized bottles next time I'm at the store.

lapushka
June 3rd, 2016, 05:52 PM
My hair has been dry and tangled lately so I bought the trial sized hello hydration on your recommendation. Its only been a few hours since I washed & conditioned but my hair feels great, no tangles and its not weighed down at all. Look like I need to pick up full sized bottles next time I'm at the store.

I'm glad you had so much luck with the trial size! They don't sell trial sizes here, when you buy you're in for the full bottle. ;) I think I would need more than a trial size to condition anyway. :lol: But it's great to hear! :D Yay, another "convert". :p ;)

RavenMane
June 4th, 2016, 01:08 AM
I'll echo Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily! It does not have cones. But it's inexpensive so it's worth a try. I use it as leave-in conditioner after I wash too. I really like it. I have fine to medium, fragile hair, fyi.

Blissful337
June 7th, 2016, 08:44 AM
I decided to give Honest Company conditioner a try. I mainly bought it for my daughter to use and I decided to try it and fell in love with it myself. I use the nourishing one. and I'm pretty sure it is cone free. It has a light apricot scent to it. I think it detangles my fine hair very well and doesn't weigh it down but that's just my experience with it. Good luck in your search!