PDA

View Full Version : I am scared

Mademoiselle
June 1st, 2016, 08:45 AM
I'm scared about my hair this summer for henndigo.
I dont henndigo since december, and now the rest is medium dark brown, but on the beach my hair always it has much cleared.
It is possible It may be clarified by the sun and going green because of the indigo? :confuso: can someone tell me if this can be? sorry if it's a silly question :confuso::confuso:

lapushka
June 1st, 2016, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure about that, how indigo is going to react to heavy beach use. I somehow doubt it's going to turn green from the sun, though.

Kiiruna
June 1st, 2016, 10:28 AM
Lightening effects of sun are based on ultraviolet radiation, not peroxide. Ultraviolet radiation breaks off your hair's melanin molecules which causes it to go lighter.
I doubt that it'd turn green :)

MINAKO
June 1st, 2016, 01:14 PM
It's just gonna come out and gradually lighten but within the same hue. I wish my ends would get a greenish cast in the sun from indigo, but that's not happening.

mindwiped
June 1st, 2016, 07:33 PM
Are you in the pool a bunch? IDK chlorine's effect on hennindgo, but I know it can turn hair greenish

MINAKO
June 2nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
Are you in the pool a bunch? IDK chlorine's effect on hennindgo, but I know it can turn hair greenish

That's only the case if your hair has been previously dyed or bleached with a peroxide color, not the same for natural hair.

Anje
June 2nd, 2016, 10:55 AM
I wouldn't be particularly worried about the effects of the sun. The issues with indigo turning green are generally associated with using hair bleach or peroxide. If you aren't applying a product advertised to lighten hair using warmth or sunlight, I doubt there will be a problem.

Mademoiselle
June 6th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Thank you very much for answer me girls! :)