PDA

View Full Version : What Will You Do When You've reached your Hair Goal?

Daydreamer.
May 31st, 2016, 02:38 AM
Will you grow longer? Will you maintain your length? Will you get a new cut or style? Will you...?

Daydreamer.
May 31st, 2016, 02:38 AM
As for me, I'll give myself a small trim to even out my hair. I'll probably try microtrimming to get a blunt hemline and to maintain length.

gustavonut
May 31st, 2016, 02:45 AM
I will be very happy and enjoy the rest of my life with my long hair. I will also even out the ends and continue microtrimmimg it to keep it healthy. And try different hairstyles every once in a while. Once it gets really really long I was wanting to donate some of it. Other than that if it grows past knee length then I will be surprised. :thud:

lapushka
May 31st, 2016, 03:00 AM
There's a very similar thread + poll on here already. Just FYI:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=136094

Eastbound&Down
May 31st, 2016, 12:06 PM
I should hit hip right around the time my enlistment is up, I am going to clean up the hemline and go crazy with some hair dye, blue or purple or both, hey we'll see! I've been denied having fun for the last 4 years, and I have 2 more to go.

littlestarface
May 31st, 2016, 12:11 PM
I reached my knee length goal and I didn't like it so what I did when I reached my goal was cut it back up to mid thigh. Unfortunately I will never have my goal length.

hayheadsbird
May 31st, 2016, 12:26 PM
What was your goal length littlestarface?

kuroi
May 31st, 2016, 12:32 PM
I'll maintain till my layers are gone and try out a lot of styles. After that I might get tempted to grow further especially cause my bf keeps saying classic lenght would be awesome. Hooray for supportive bf's :cheer:

pailin
May 31st, 2016, 12:34 PM
I'm only an inch or two from my original goal length; right now I think I'm just extending my goal.

littlestarface
May 31st, 2016, 12:47 PM
What was your goal length littlestarface?

It was knee length.

Magalo
May 31st, 2016, 01:55 PM
TBL is my dream length. I'm at BCL now. I'll be maintening until my hemline is near perfect (1-2 years) then after that... maybe grow more!

Stepo_NiNha
May 31st, 2016, 02:02 PM
Microtrimming

Hairkay
May 31st, 2016, 02:23 PM
Either set a new goal or mircotrim to maintain it.

vampyyri
May 31st, 2016, 02:25 PM
I want to reach my goal, then grow out my layers and even out my hemline... after that, just keep trimming back, as anything past BCL/TBL (essentially the same spot on me) would just be too much for myself personally.

MlleMC
May 31st, 2016, 02:38 PM
I don't really have a set goal, but I know that when I feel like I'm ready to cut back, I'll dye the part I want to cut a crazy colour for the sake of trying it (I don't think I'd dare to do it on hair that I plan to keep).

sarahthegemini
May 31st, 2016, 03:27 PM
My goal was BSL. Unfortunately, although I've reached my goal, I'm not happy. So I'll be cutting it - probably this week - to chin length.

MINAKO
May 31st, 2016, 03:42 PM
Just maintaining, but i'm too lazy to microtrim now, i would only cut twice a year or so. I really don't care for more length than i have now.

littlestarface
May 31st, 2016, 03:48 PM
Just maintaining, but i'm too lazy to microtrim now, i would only cut twice a year or so. I really don't care for more length than i have now.

Ya your length looks perfect, if I could back to your length I would.

mira-chan
May 31st, 2016, 03:53 PM
Reached it, cut back a little to thicken, then maintained. Now let it grow a bit longer with occasional trims. I'll see how things go. No goal length now.

Anya15
May 31st, 2016, 07:50 PM
My immediate goal is classic, so I will maintain at classic till I grow out my layers. After that I want to grow to terminal. If my terminal is some insane length, I will cut back to a more manageable length like classic or knee later.

MINAKO
May 31st, 2016, 08:52 PM
Ya your length looks perfect, if I could back to your length I would.

It looks almost the same to me, at least in terms of body proportions. Don't get fooled by any measurements i'm mentioning about my hair. I'm super tall so i need more length to hot the same markers.. I also don't really think my terminal would be insanely long. Maybe i could make it to knee with super thin ends, i don't knowbut something tells me that my growth is already slowing down as it now.. As long as i can maintain, i'm happy.

littlestarface
May 31st, 2016, 08:58 PM
It looks almost the same to me, at least in terms of body proportions. Don't get fooled by any measurements i'm mentioning about my hair. I'm super tall so i need more length to hot the same markers.. I also don't really think my terminal would be insanely long. Maybe i could make it to knee with super thin ends, i don't knowbut something tells me that my growth is already slowing down as it now.. As long as i can maintain, i'm happy.

Ya I think you'd be like me and have really thin ends and that doesn't look good with our hair. And honestly your hair looks really long on you where it is now BCL is where hair is the thickest. Yep that's good ^_^

hypersensitive
May 31st, 2016, 09:04 PM
Ha! Microtrimming becomes Has-it-been-over-a-year guilty trim, since I last cut? I'm super lazy and forgetful. I think I will let it grow to I can sit in it length, then cut to waist and let to grow back to I can sit in it length. Then cycle begins anew. It takes a decent year to reach those markers anyway.

school of fish
May 31st, 2016, 09:20 PM
I'm brushing my goal length of TBL but I won't feel fully satisfied that I've reached goal until my layers reach my hem - still a long ways away. When that happens I'll be maintaining indefinitely at TBL for as long as that length makes me happy. I could imagine cutting back a bit shorter someday but really can't imagine I'd ever want to grow longer. But who knows - I may feel differently when I get there, haha!

lithostoic
May 31st, 2016, 09:25 PM
Maintain for a while and see if it'd be troublesome to have it any longer.

lulikrueger
May 31st, 2016, 09:31 PM
I'll probably have it up all the time, since one of my worst fears is that someone will cut and steal my hair.
Srsly. It happens a lot around here.

Groovy Granny
May 31st, 2016, 09:51 PM
I reached my goal and am micro trimming to maintain it.

missrandie
May 31st, 2016, 09:55 PM
I'll microtrim to keep the ends fresh and happy, do S&D when needed, and that'll be that!

My goal is either TBL or Classic; I haven't decided which yet.

tiffycakes
May 31st, 2016, 11:10 PM
My goal is waist length but I'm quite short (only 5 foot!) so I might not have enough length to do all the pretty braids and buns that I want to. If I can, then I will microtrim to maintain, but if not, then I will set a new goal :)

pili
May 31st, 2016, 11:16 PM
I'm aiming for TBL dry, which means it will probably hit classic stretched. Then just maintain to get the hemline I want. As pretty as longer hair is, I'm not sure I would be happy going longer.

ameliasuzanne
June 1st, 2016, 12:58 AM
Because my goal is so far away at the moment - from buzz/pixie lengths to waist-ish - I'm just focusing on getting it through each milestone and not becoming too impatient and chopping it off again! Once I reach waist length or so, I'll decide whether I want to go longer, maintain, or chop it again.

truepeacenik
June 1st, 2016, 01:38 AM
I joke that my goal is terminal minus an inch or two, but I learned blunt ends and my bun technique are not a happy couple.

Now, my immediate goal is knee, and if I were to grow longer than my measuring tape (60 in), I'd be two inches from my height....

So...set a new goal?

TatsuOni
June 1st, 2016, 01:52 AM
If I reach my goal I will either maintain it there or see how much longer I can get it... Probably the last:p But one thing is sure, I want to live and die with long hair!

DoomKitty
June 1st, 2016, 03:04 AM
My goal was midback length but DH asked if I can try for waist so I have ages to go lol but as for when I reach that length...microtrim and maintain along with semi permanent crazy colour changes

adrenaline
June 1st, 2016, 03:05 AM
i will use regularly a curling iron. Now i don't want to because it damages the tips badly, but at my goal length (hip) i will cut them frequently, so it's ok :o

Wildcat Diva
June 1st, 2016, 07:05 AM
I'll whip my hair back and forth.

Nah, just kidding. I probably won't do that, too much potential for disaster for me.

I'll leave that to Seeshami and her belly dancing pix. As The Mess is truly a real life example of "long hair don't care."

Agnes Hannah
June 2nd, 2016, 02:36 PM
I will microtrim and maintain. I may increase my length goal. I won't be whipping my hair about either!

starfire
June 2nd, 2016, 08:09 PM
Goal is terminal so once I reach that, I'll cut back and maintain at knee or so. Maybe dye the ends and have fun with color before I cut it off!

Saige
June 2nd, 2016, 08:23 PM
I'm not sure what my final goal is. I wanted classic length at least. Now that I've reached classic I'll maintain until the end of the year and see how I like it. I'll probably decide to grow to fingertip length but who knows!

MINAKO
June 2nd, 2016, 09:23 PM
Wildcat Diva LOL!!!

Tanglewood
June 2nd, 2016, 09:27 PM
When it reaches floor length I suppose I'll have to loop it up a time or two to keep it out of the dust. ;) Right now it is upper thigh length.

Goatcraft
June 4th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Well, I've reached several length goals and continued to grow. So I think if I reach classic, I'll just keep growing.

Long_hair_bear
June 4th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Keep growing. :disco:

dansyl
June 4th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Maintain for sure. I am too lazy to have super long hair lol

Stray_mind
June 4th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Microtrim and maintain, making it healthier and thicker.

Sofialu
June 4th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Will you grow longer? Will you maintain your length? Will you get a new cut or style? Will you...?

My hair is naturally wavy and the longer it gets, the better the waves look. However I prefer wearing my hair down and like it as low maintenance as possible, so once my hair is at hip length (goal length) I imagine I will be happy to maintain there.

faery_braids
June 5th, 2016, 09:10 PM
I'll probably freak out and do a happy dance (and probably spend a ton of money on something--there have been enough setbacks that I should have been there half a year ago or more). Then I'll probably cry. xD Might try growing it out more to see if it annoys me being classic, but I'll probably just maintain it at tailbone.

Zeewee
June 5th, 2016, 09:43 PM
I'm shooting for waist at the longest length of my tapered ends and plan to Microtrim to maintain. I want to get rid of layers I put in to get rid of canopy damage. My shortest layers are at APL and I have a taper to just below BSL when stretched!

Still figuring out how to post pics!

Groovy Granny
June 5th, 2016, 09:46 PM
I'm shooting for waist at the longest length of my tapered ends and plan to Microtrim to maintain. I want to get rid of layers I put in to get rid of canopy damage. My shortest layers are at APL and I have a taper to just below BSL when stretched!

Still figuring out how to post pics!

Use a website like photobucket to upload your pics, then when you click on each pic in your album, it will have an IMG code that you can copy and paste into your post.

Welcome ~ happy growing :cheer:

LongCurlyTress
June 5th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Use a website like photobucket to upload your pics, then when you click on each pic in your album, it will have an IMG code that you can copy and paste into your post.

Welcome ~ happy growing :cheer:

GG helped me out too with this exact same thing today... Brilliant GG! You are! ;) Thanks so much for your help with posting pics in a post on a thread. ;):cheer:

Groovy Granny
June 5th, 2016, 09:57 PM
GG helped me out too with this exact same thing today... Brilliant GG! You are! ;) Thanks so much for your help with posting pics in a post on a thread. ;):cheer:

Awww...thanks LCT :o :flowers:

mermaid lullaby
June 5th, 2016, 10:54 PM
I had it trimmed...not a good idea, I think this time, I'm only going to look for inspiration that have my length.

DizzyGinger
June 6th, 2016, 01:39 AM
if I was ever able to hit my hips, I'd keep that for a year perhaps just to enjoy it, then cut to mid-back or waist. I do want to start having kids in the next couple years though so that might affect my goals in some way!

DizzyGinger
June 6th, 2016, 01:47 AM
if I was ever able to hit my hips, I'd keep that for a year perhaps just to enjoy it, then cut to mid-back or waist. I do want to start having kids in the next couple years though so that might affect my goals in some way!

Zeewee
June 6th, 2016, 06:02 AM
Thanks GG!!!

nakima
June 6th, 2016, 01:13 PM
I reached my first goal which was hip then kept going to tbl now I have past that and my new goal is classic. I think I will stay there for awhile once that goal is reached and maintain awhile to thicken up my ends.I don't plan on going any longer than that but then you never know ha! I see these lengths on other people and they seem sooo long but when I reach them I don't feel it looks long on me at all hmm :shrug:

majesticmoon
June 7th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Find a New Dream!!! Sorry watching tangled with the kiddos. :blossom:

Blissful337
June 7th, 2016, 08:30 AM
When I reach BSL I will probably need some sort of trim or shaping. My hair is heavily layered and above shoulder right now so by BSL it will probably need some TLC. I will either keep the layers and clean them up or I will cut to one length. If I cut to one length I'll probably have to cut a good amount and then will need to grow it back to BSL. If I clean up the layers I may jus keep it at BSL. But by then I'm sure I could change my mind. I have a long way to go!

lapushka
June 7th, 2016, 08:48 AM
My goal was BSL. Unfortunately, although I've reached my goal, I'm not happy. So I'll be cutting it - probably this week - to chin length.

You're kidding. At least go a few inches shorter to begin with. Drastic changes might not be good. But in the end it's up to you. :) ;)

Blissful337
June 7th, 2016, 08:57 AM

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your length. This sounds like what I will end up doing because I feel like I always end up chopping to a bob whenever I try growing it out. This time I am going to try and maintain a longer length for much longer than I usually do.

Wosie
June 7th, 2016, 09:12 AM
I'll be growing it out until I hit classic length, after that I'm not sure... My guesses are that I'll maintain for a while, thicken up the hemline, and reassess. I might cut it back to midback length sometime in the future, I think it's a quite neat and nice-looking length, while not being overly long; easier to manage. C:

maborosi
June 7th, 2016, 10:57 AM
I'm growing to classic, but that's actually pretty close now. I guess I may keep growing, or maintain my hemline. I dunno.

HeartofHaleth
June 7th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Like a lot of you, I'm going for classic and then maintaining for a little while to make things nicer. I'd love to keep growing after that, though... who knows, maybe I'll decide to go for terminal (unless I hit it before I hit classic...)!

Yarrow
June 7th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Do a happy dance, go out for some pizza and wear it down. Take some nice hair pics.
After that?
No idea, maybe cut, grow or maintain.depends

luxurioushair
June 7th, 2016, 03:57 PM
For me there's no ultimate goal, there's only Ultimate Goal 1, Ultimate Goal 2, etc. Because, my hair shrinks a lot. It will always look 40-50% its actual length, so I see no need to grow it any shorter than it will allow me...

Llama
June 7th, 2016, 06:39 PM
I want to grow to hip and then trim to thicken up my hemline and get rid of what is left of my bleached ends.
Maybe I'll grow a smidgen longer than hip if possible :) I'm surprised I've even gotten this far!

missmex
June 8th, 2016, 02:43 AM
Great question since I'm so close to TBL. I think I would let it grow long enough for me to trim and even out the V cut an idiot hairdresser did (I had a great U shape!) to a U shape. I'll have to do it myself or find someone I really trust, which I may enlist help from someone on TLHC that lives nearby. Other than that, I think micro trimming once I have a shape I'm happy with and keeping front layers for face shape (and curls!) and my bangs. I think I would want to reach classic after that and then terminal only until it reaches knee length. I'll grow it out during grad school since I won't have as hectic of a job as in the real world.

Fericera
June 9th, 2016, 12:40 PM
My current goal is classic. I really, really, really want hair so long that I have to braid it or put it up to keep from sitting on it. If I can solidly reach classic, I will very likely go for fingertip length. If I can reach that, I'll continue on to knee, and so forth until my growth falters.

Once I've truly hit terminal, I'll probably maintain, play around with hemlines, maybe even experiment with layers or vegetable dyes. I plan to never cut it above waist again in my life though. No matter how long it ends up, I will happily enjoy brushing and styling my hair until I'm a hunched over witch lady. :D