PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try "100% Pure" Shampoo & Conditioner?

PurpleKitty11
May 30th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Hey everyone!

Has anyone every tried their hair products before? i was thinking of trying them out but i am not sure how good their hair products really are. So if anyone has tried them out please let me know what you think of them! Thanks! :)

http://ca.100percentpure.com/

Obsidian
May 30th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Never used them but keep in mind that its not actually shampoo, its a soap based product. Shampoo is made with synthetic detergents and is PH balanced, soap is made with lye and oils, it has a higher PH that can damage hair. Have you ever tried a shampoo bar? did you like it?

I really dislike the description "Hydrating coconut foam deeply moisturizes while gently cleansing". Coconut based soap isn't hydrating or gentle, it's the most cleansing/drying soap you can make. Maybe it's diluted enough or has enough botanical's in to counter the cleansing coconut soap. I don't think I'd try it unless I could get a sample size.

Remember, natural isn't always better:)

lapushka
May 30th, 2016, 03:44 PM

Very much true! :)

Lavendersugar
June 1st, 2016, 06:03 PM
I have wanted to try their line but never have due to the price. Plus I seem to not do well with sulfate free. My hair gets even more oily and the ends get dry. It happens over time. Sometimes months later but it does happen. I also end up with detangling issues.

However, everyone is different. I'd suggest buying their smaller sizes.

That all being said, I've used other make up products by them and the only thing I ever liked was their caffeine eye cream.

PurpleKitty11
June 2nd, 2016, 12:01 PM
Never used them but keep in mind that its not actually shampoo, its a soap based product. Shampoo is made with synthetic detergents and is PH balanced, soap is made with lye and oils, it has a higher PH that can damage hair. Have you ever tried a shampoo bar? did you like it?

I really dislike the description "Hydrating coconut foam deeply moisturizes while gently cleansing". Coconut based soap isn't hydrating or gentle, it's the most cleansing/drying soap you can make. Maybe it's diluted enough or has enough botanical's in to counter the cleansing coconut soap. I don't think I'd try it unless I could get a sample size.

Thats some really good info, thanks for that! I am currently using Griffin Remedy shampoo & conditioner and my hair seems to really like it. I live in Canada and there are no good shampoo bar companies. If i were to buy online i would have to pay huge prices for shipping its just too expensive but i really would like to try shampoo bars.

lunasea
June 2nd, 2016, 12:37 PM
I'm completely confused. I don't see how you are determining that the hair products are soap based are not PH balanced short of actual testing of the PH of the product. After all, they are selling them as shampoo for hair- I would assume they took the PH into consideration when producing the product. Aren't all cleaning products more or less surfactant based and PH balanced for different uses?