PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while! Tribute to new hair.

minaa
May 28th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Hey LHC!

It's been a while!

I wanted to check back in here and share the hair. Beware, incoming selfies! If I can change the sizes I will definitely edit it to reflect that. My apologies if so, I'm more answering the call of pics requests from members!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce2xaOSUMAAkzLV.jpg:large

I was at tailbone. 5.5" circumference measured. And I was just... tired of it and needed a change, thanks to a lot of shifting that's been happening in my life recently. But I didn't want to change having long hair, and I've wanted this particular cut for a long time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce6wHXYUIAANPfA.jpg:large

So I got a mohawk.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfEiNm2UMAIv5hO.jpg:large

I got it cut and layered some so it would fall nicer while it's down. It's great, because it's just a bit different, however, I can hide it when I need to.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cjfb4osVEAAFqCn.jpg:large

This past week, I got an hombre with deep blue. I went to a salon, and I also used coconut oil to save my ends. However, as I'm maintaining my length at around tailbone, I am less bothered by the ends being dry.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-J-85XwX1qsY/V0o9xpTpUKI/AAAAAAAAQ_E/M8VHRO9wwb8fHBHsWbdZiU6oqdYPWzoZQCL0B/w1394-h2478-no/2016-05-28.jpg

I learned a few things:

I'm back at tailbone after the cut.
Most of my hair's thickness? ... is on the top and back. My braid... is not all that thinner.

I am in love with this new cut and color!

LongCurlyTress
May 28th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Wow Minaa! I am speechless! Now this is a change!! It looks like a fun change... and alot of people are doing this.... seems to be really in style these days. Looks great!

I hope life calms down for you!! ;)

Groovy Granny
May 28th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Wow...you totally rock it girl :rockerdud:
Love the color!

Xavien_Grey
May 28th, 2016, 09:47 PM
It looks amazing!! I second the color, that blue is perfect, fun and cool for the summer ������

Anje
May 28th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Looks fun, and I love that deep royal blue! Very nice! Do you notice it being any cooler with the sides shaved?

Eastbound&Down
May 28th, 2016, 10:19 PM
That's awesome! I'm not brave enough but you rock it!

DizzyGinger
May 28th, 2016, 10:36 PM
that is so awesome! looks totally natural on you, really

hypersensitive
May 28th, 2016, 11:27 PM
Craaaazy! You do you, girl! It looks great!!

Anya15
May 29th, 2016, 01:35 AM
Wow. Just wow. The mohawk looks great (TBH i didn't even know it was possible to get one with the hair still being long!)! And the blue is to die for. Looks very fun and cool! :thudpile:

Sweets
May 29th, 2016, 03:17 AM
You look INCREDIBLE minaa!!! You make the cut look AMAZING, and I love what you did with the blue. Congrats, and keep on rockin' it!!!

MINAKO
May 29th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Bomb, i love it!!! Good thing to be sure about a style you know you love. I'm definitely too much of a chicken to try even shaving the fluff in the back of my neck.

lapushka
May 29th, 2016, 04:36 AM
Wow that is daring and wild. I would not have the guts to do that. Woohoo. :cheer:

uub
May 29th, 2016, 05:41 AM
I love the way your hair looks particularly when it's up. The rear shot with the bunned blue looks fab!

Mademoiselle
May 29th, 2016, 05:45 AM
WOOWW I loooove it !!! :D I have this shaven 5 years ago and my boyfriend love it too :) very beautifull color !

Nesoi
May 29th, 2016, 07:11 AM
I love it!

Anje
May 29th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Wow. Just wow. The mohawk looks great (TBH i didn't even know it was possible to get one with the hair still being long!)! And the blue is to die for. Looks very fun and cool! :thudpile:

Heh... Just wait til you have a friend insist that you have to wear the mohawk UP!

(My SIL did have a friend wear what must have been about a 16 in/40 cm mohawk up at her wedding, at her insistence. Poor guy could hardly get through doors!)

Complexity
May 29th, 2016, 09:43 AM
The cut and colour suit you wonderfully!

I'm not sure there would be enough glue in the world to keep that up, though. My APL mohawk in high school would even start to fall down by the end of the day.

vampyyri
May 29th, 2016, 09:54 AM
This reminds me so much of my one friend's hair, only she has MBL hair with this style. I love it, it suits you perfectly!

AspenSong
May 29th, 2016, 11:26 AM
That blue is super gorgeous!! And I can totally see if your hair is THAT thick, it not being a huge loss just doing the sides like that. *jealous* I think it suits you well!

allycat
May 29th, 2016, 11:39 AM
I love it too! And it's crazy how thick your hair is - you cut a whole bunch off and your bun is still triple the size of mine! 😄

meteor
May 29th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Wow! It looks AMAZING! :rockerdud Minaa, your hair is so gorgeous and that blue is simply to die for! :thud: Did they mention at the salon what products they used to achieve your shade of blue? It's stunning! :applause

nakima
May 29th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Now that took some nerve! But that style does look good on you. with the shape of your face and that good skin I bet you can rock just about any look! Kudos!

Amode
May 29th, 2016, 12:25 PM
I think I'm in love.

lithostoic
May 29th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Looks really good. I imagine such thick hair heats up a LOT in the summer, you'll stay less sweaty this way!

MidnightMoon
May 29th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I love all your styles, and specially like your look in the shirt with the high collar, you look fierce

pastina
May 29th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Whoa! Huge change! I love it, and love the color!

papayatree
May 29th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Has it been a while since you could hold your head up high? I love the change.

dfotw
May 29th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Oh my gosh, I love this style and how it looks on you, particularly with the blue ends! :crush: Funnily enough, I was just on the phone with my mum and she mentioned wanting to do something similar, do you mind if I show her your pics to encourage her? :flower:

Llama
May 29th, 2016, 06:34 PM
This style looks really good on you :) You are pretty!

Lavendersugar
May 29th, 2016, 06:36 PM
*waves hi from Manteca*

Fun!! Your hair looks thick either way. Lucky gal! Love it!

princesssaffron
May 29th, 2016, 07:05 PM
wow it looks great!!! :)

MsPharaohMoan
May 29th, 2016, 08:12 PM
This is amazing, the changes suit you. I have a request! Can you make a dutch braid and post a pic? I've always wanted to see a mohawk-longhair-dutch braid!

minaa
May 30th, 2016, 01:59 PM
go for it, dfotw! I hope she enjoys it! :)

And to everyone else, wow! What an amazing response! Thank you all so much!!!:grouphug::thud::blossom::magic:

MsPharoahMoan, I'd be happy to, but I'm awful at dutch braids. The next time I see Gumball, I'll ask him to set me up straight and I'll take a picture. :)

Ophidian
May 30th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Sweeeeet. You and your hair look amazing!

moontree
May 30th, 2016, 06:31 PM
I am in love with your hair! It looks great ^_^

browneyedsusan
May 31st, 2016, 03:03 AM
Well done!
I love it!