PDA

View Full Version : Hair type help?

hayheadsbird
May 26th, 2016, 05:14 AM
So I thought I was a 1b, having always had poker straight hair growing up. Last visit to the hairdresser though she commented on the waves coming through at the back of my head. I've changed it up to a 1c, as there's a def wave in it there, but I'd love some other more knowledgeable opinions!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/hayheadsbird/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsujxty4bv.jpeg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/hayheadsbird/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsujxty4bv.jpeg.html)

This is freshly washed and air dried last week.
Is a 1c reasonable? I'm totally clueless!

starfire
May 26th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Is your hair still damp in that picture? (damp hair for me = slight waves, even though it is 1b when fully dry)

hayheadsbird
May 26th, 2016, 08:19 AM
This was dry, but not brushed.

starfire
May 26th, 2016, 09:03 AM
You asked for knowledgeable opinions, but I'll give my opinion anyway (since no one else is biting): 1c/2a. I see some S waves in there, but mainly body and a slight wave at the end of straight-ish hair.

lapushka
May 26th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Yes, I'd say 1c! 2a would have waves higher up and over the entire hair strands.

hayheadsbird
May 26th, 2016, 09:27 AM
You asked for knowledgeable opinions, but I'll give my opinion anyway (since no one else is biting): 1c/2a. I see some S waves in there, but mainly body and a slight wave at the end of straight-ish hair.

You qualify as more knowledgeable than me!

Thanks everyone :) wasn't sure if I was maybe overestimating!

diddiedaisy
May 26th, 2016, 10:44 AM
I'd say 1c, it doesn't look wavy enough for 2. It's nice, I'd like 1c instead of 2a, it's a very unruly type lol

Arctic
May 26th, 2016, 11:01 AM
You have big bodywaves and the ends seem a bit more wavy than the top. If ends wouldn't be counted, the overall appearance is still straight, 1c, but the ends are more on the wavy than straight side to my eye, more like 2a. So, I think I'll also suggest 1c/2a. Your wave pattern might develop more when you gain length.

ETA: Do you have long layers? If yes they might explain the ends seeming wavier, and that might put you in the 1c.

hayheadsbird
May 26th, 2016, 11:48 AM
You have big bodywaves and the ends seem a bit more wavy than the top. If ends wouldn't be counted, the overall appearance is still straight, 1c, but the ends are more on the wavy than straight side to my eye, more like 2a. So, I think I'll also suggest 1c/2a. Your wave pattern might develop more when you gain length.

ETA: Do you have long layers? If yes they might explain the ends seeming wavier, and that might put you in the 1c.

Yes, the layers are pretty long as the last time is was cut it was in a very short layered bob.
When it's wet it actually curls way more along the whole length, but if I detangle it falls straight. It dries like this as long as it's air dried, even if detangled first.

Mimha
May 26th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I think 1c sounds quite appropriate... :eye: If I'd see you in the street, I would not perceive you as a "wavy". But not as a straighty either ^^. So... Lol.

You definitely have got a very large S thing there, that gives a noticeable body to your whole hair. Let's see how this S develops in the next coming months : it happens that we have to readjust hair typing with length (usually more downward though, because normally waves get looser with length and weight).

Nice looking healthy hair, by the way ! Welcome to the LHC ! :)

hayheadsbird
May 26th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Nice looking healthy hair, by the way ! Welcome to the LHC ! :)

Thank you :D