PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Hairdo Help

firefly42
May 25th, 2016, 05:58 PM
I'm in a wedding as a bridesmaid in 2 weeks and what i was going to do with my hair won't work because it's too long! (never had THAT problem before). can anyone give me ideas for what to do with my hair? It's 'can i call this waist length' and medium thick, although i have LOTS of little 2 inch hairs from a post partum shed. It's also hair that is generally disinclined to do what i want so something idiot proof would be lovely. Thanks!

Simsy
May 26th, 2016, 02:46 AM
Depending on the formality and dress style, some options to start you with...

Black Tie, White Tie, Church
-low, sleek bun; maybe pin some flowers or beads in to pretty it up
-sock bun with braided accents, low/high
-sock bun with slight curls coiled across, jazzed up with beads/flowers, low/high
-braid part of your hair and twist up into a bun
-french twist

Formal, but not that formal
-low bun, bit looser
-low braided bun
-sleek side braid
-low centered pony?
-french twist

Garden, beach, smart casual
-crown braids
-milkmaid/heidi braids, maybe with some small flowers
-low, long braid, fishtail/rope/multi strand...
-side pony/braid
-messy bun

Sock buns are an excellent way to build a good even bun without too much hassle. Cinnibuns look pretty and a bit formal, Nautalis is another good one. Others may well have some good suggestions for other buns, I don't have many in my repertoire. Half ups in any of the styles above should work quite well too...

It will depend on the style of dress as well. Are there many other bridesmaids and are you expected to coordinate with them? Does the bride/groom have a preference for up/down/half, messy/sleek, buns/braids?

I would personally go with a low bun, maybe braided, or crown braids of some description. Being a wedding, you will be busy enough helping the bride and having fun without trying to deal with your hair loose as well. Spin pins or Amish pins for securing, keeps the collapse options to a minimum. If you have the option of dressing it up; flower clips or beaded pins are a good option and can usually be found in enough colors to coordinate.

If you want curls on the day, there are a few heat-less options around site and on YouTube; most require setting overnight. Straight hair I'm not as well versed at, but if you have tight curls, overnight braids will usually stretch them out a bit. If you have never used straightening or curling methods on your hair at this length; don't experiment. You have 2 weeks, if something goes wrong, you will not have time to repair it before the wedding. Stick with tried and true methods that work for you and experiment afterwards.

Arctic
May 26th, 2016, 03:00 AM
With your new growth, maybe something soft and loose to help to hide the halo. Maybe edwardian twists into a low, loose bun.

Bagginslover
May 26th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Youtube is always your friend for updos!

Nique1202
May 26th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Youtube to the rescue! LaDollyVita33 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBGIFstqkqVX8LboNdtXCew) (and her newer channel LaDollyVita333 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRfj9SMbPEsLtprIAwzCbgA)) and SilVousPlaits (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4xXyid5JEhjuJWpIWXhszQ) have a lot of style tutorials that should work for hair of your length. I'm sure you can find something that will work!