PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC Long Hair Friendly Salons... Please Recommend!! :)

lfbddjw
May 24th, 2016, 11:16 AM
So I was originally planning for my first ever in my life trip to the George Michaels Salon in NYC this summer, but summer classes are becoming prohibitively expensive, so I have to push that back, darn it!

But I haven't had a trim in about a year and a half, and my hair has never had so many split ends and damage! In general, the length looks in relatively good condition, still receiving compliments regularly on my hair, but I really want to lop off about 3-6 inches... 6 preferred, I think. It would also help even out the thickness since I had a huge hair loss period around the same time I last cut my hair.

Can anyone please recommend a good salon in the DC metro area that is long hair friendly? I have terrible experiences of going into salons, and almost every time, would leave with about twice the length I wanted chopped off. My hair right now is straight and past waist length, right above the butt area, and both thin and fine. Dry cut, if possible, and preferably a salon that will not try to do any washes or treatments or be pushy in selling me products. I have been completely chemical free in my hair routine for months now and my hair has never been happier! :D

Many thanks in advance!!

lapushka
May 24th, 2016, 12:03 PM
You can't possibly do a worse job with Feye's method than any hairdresser would. So I'd give that a shot. And it won't cost you a thing! Just a little patience and time to read the instructions carefully:
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

lfbddjw
May 24th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Thank you for the suggestion lapushka, but the last time I cut my hair, I tried out Feye's method. I should have clarified, the "trim" a year and a half ago was my first attempt at cutting my hair myself after so many salon nightmares. I intended for it to be a 2-3 inch trim, but my hair kept coming out either a rather steep upside down V (yikes!!) and ended up going from almost tailbone length to around APL in an effort to even it out. I may try out Feye's method again sometime, though!