PDA

View Full Version : Frizz frizz frizz

M.McDonough
May 24th, 2016, 02:25 AM
What should I do? I'm still wondering..
I've been using hair moisturizers for the past 8 months or so, but I have a hunch that they don't help anymore. I also tried applying some serum to my hair, it didnt work. Is it because my hair is really long now? Do you think I need a big trim or something? Last time I trimmed my hair was close to 10 months ago.

lapushka
May 24th, 2016, 03:36 AM
A trim will only tackle your hem, not the rest of the surface of your hair, where you typically have frizz. So, kind of odd to suggest. ;)

Have you tried the LOC method for styling after washing/conditioning? Leave-in, oil or serum, and then if you so choose a molding cream or gel but that isn't typically necessary. How much leave-in or oil/serum depends on your texture, really. I am "just" wavy and I use a coinsize amount each for classic length hair. You may need to use more.

May 24th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Try heavy oiling (like, so much oil it's dripping on your back), combing and then shampooing it out (you might need to shampoo multiple times in a row to get it all out). That's what works for me when I use shampoo. I use grapeseed oil, dunno if other work the same.

Kake
May 24th, 2016, 04:28 AM
Aloe Vera gel has worked well for me. I use it and then add another (any other) product to weigh my hair down.

M.McDonough
May 24th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Try heavy oiling (like, so much oil it's dripping on your back), combing and then shampooing it out (you might need to shampoo multiple times in a row to get it all out). That's what works for me when I use shampoo. I use grapeseed oil, dunno if other work the same.
I did that actually a couple of weeks ago, I used some avocado oil and my hair felt so soft and smooth, but I try not to use oils all the time as it can cause undesirable shedding :/

lapushka
May 24th, 2016, 07:48 AM
I did that actually a couple of weeks ago, I used some avocado oil and my hair felt so soft and smooth, but I try not to use oils all the time as it can cause undesirable shedding :/

You can still do it by just avoiding your scalp area.

LadyCelestina
May 24th, 2016, 11:22 AM
What should I do? I'm still wondering..
I've been using hair moisturizers for the past 8 months or so, but I have a hunch that they don't help anymore. I also tried applying some serum to my hair, it didnt work. Is it because my hair is really long now? Do you think I need a big trim or something? Last time I trimmed my hair was close to 10 months ago.

By your avatar, you seem to have fairly curly hair. Do you do anything that might disrupt the curl pattern? Also for curly hair, it's quite normal to frizz a bit :)

Ophidian
May 24th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Mine is wavy and I get frizz/fluff unless something weights it down. I've been really loving unrefined coconut oil lately (I just put a tiny bit on the ends and outer hairs, not scalp or around my face). I also add about 1/4 tsp of it to my shampoo and that gives me a nice slip and makes my hair very glossy with waaaay less frizz than if I don't add it. Some people love this and some don't, but it has worked very well for my hair. I also like kimberlily's defrizz spray (there's a recipe floating around here, it's basically water, aloe, and a little oil in a spray bottle). All of this said, my hair is still quite short so you may or may not get the mileage that I have with these things. I hope you find something that works for you!

MINAKO
May 24th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Oil oil oil!! I would look into extra heavy pre poo oil mixes and literally drench your hair until it's almost dripping, then leave it to penetrate overnight. Anything water based only works so well depending on texture and porosity of the hair when it comes to frizz.

ETA: if oil causes shedding make pigtails and drech those in the oil to keep it away from the scalp. They are easy to bun and cover with plastic bags.

Shepherdess
May 24th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Others have made some good suggestions. I have found that combinations of aloe Vera gel and oils on damp hair (before it dries after washing) helps immensely (most often I braid my hair after doing this and it makes it silky after drying).

I rarely do this, but in the past on occasion I would lather the aloe Vera and also leave-in conditioner throughout my damp hair, then crumple it into something silky or fine cotton cloth or scarf and tie it up and let it dry that way. It really helped with my curls and keeping it from frizzing at the same time (there are YouTube videos on how to do this, though I forget what it was called).

ETA: I found it. It is called"plopping" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq4tDMf__YU. Worked really well for my hair when I used to do it.

Ophidian
May 24th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Oh yes, plopping is great! I use a t-shirt. Also people seem to be talking a lot about squish to condish to get curl/wave definition, but I haven't tried it.

Shepherdess
May 24th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Oh yes, plopping is great! I use a t-shirt. Also people seem to be talking a lot about squish to condish to get curl/wave definition, but I haven't tried it.
Yes!! I haven't done plopping in such a long time. I need to do it again. :D I am not sure if I have heard of squish to condish. I will have to look that up, sounds interesting! :)

Anje
May 24th, 2016, 01:00 PM
With curls, definition is everything to avoid frizz. Frizz is really just hairs that are waving/curling independently of a larger clump of hair, so the trick is to get the hair to sit in clumps.

Less handling between washes is good. Drying wrapped in a tshirt instead of a terrycloth towel is supposed to help a lot. A lot of curlies swear by hair gel or curl cream while their hair is still damp. Oils can be good, but it depends on the person whether it smooths your hair or just makes it look oily. Having a silk or satin pillowcase or bonnet at night can also help prevent the curls from getting broken up and turning into frizz.

molljo
May 24th, 2016, 08:53 PM
You've already gotten some great advice, but when was the last time you clarified? Buildup will contribute to frizz. Has the weather changed recently? Humidity (and the lack thereof) will also make a big difference. Does your hair need protein? Do you need to switch to a more intense moisturizer? My point is that frizz can be a symptom of several different problems and you need to look closely at your hair, your environment, and your techniques to find the culprit.

yahirwaO.o
May 24th, 2016, 09:46 PM
You've already gotten some great advice, but when was the last time you clarified? Buildup will contribute to frizz. Has the weather changed recently? Humidity (and the lack thereof) will also make a big difference. Does your hair need protein? Do you need to switch to a more intense moisturizer? My point is that frizz can be a symptom of several different problems and you need to look closely at your hair, your environment, and your techniques to find the culprit.

Second to this, sometimes hair need a good cleaning to begin with heavy dutty oling!

.... but to be honest, some natural curly frizz is completely ok and looks rather nice. I'm not a fan of super crunchy curls or super defined ringlets, I love free and nice curls!!!

M.McDonough
May 24th, 2016, 11:38 PM
By your avatar, you seem to have fairly curly hair. Do you do anything that might disrupt the curl pattern? Also for curly hair, it's quite normal to frizz a bit :)

Does the shampoo determine the curl pattern? I usually just shampoo and condition my hair. After that I apply some moisturizer and scrunch my hair while it is soaking wet.

M.McDonough
May 24th, 2016, 11:48 PM
With curls, definition is everything to avoid frizz. Frizz is really just hairs that are waving/curling independently of a larger clump of hair, so the trick is to get the hair to sit in clumps.

Less handling between washes is good. Drying wrapped in a tshirt instead of a terrycloth towel is supposed to help a lot. A lot of curlies swear by hair gel or curl cream while their hair is still damp. Oils can be good, but it depends on the person whether it smooths your hair or just makes it look oily. Having a silk or satin pillowcase or bonnet at night can also help prevent the curls from getting broken up and turning into frizz.

The towel never goes on top of my head after the shower, so that's not it :) I just squeeze my hair till I get the water out and let it air dry. Also, I do sleep on a satin sheet.

Simsy
May 25th, 2016, 02:05 AM
As a curly myself, I found adding oil while detangling after a shower was the easiest way for me to calm my frizz down. I also keep a bottle of keratin-based leave in conditioner on my bathroom sink for when the Mop just will not take a hint. My biggest problem with frizz usually cropped up if I wore my hair down for a day or 2 as it drys out and the wind gets into it, creating a dry puffball (looks as ridiculous as it sounds).

Something else to remember is that curly hair is unbelievably thirsty, as in "soaked in conditioner for 2 days, moisture mask with double conditioner and still only just enough" sort of thirsty. I thought I had oily hair until I tried oiling a several times a week and moisture treatments every 2nd or 3rd wash. The realization that I actually had dry hair meant a complete change of approach to basically everything I thought I knew about my hair. I now walk a fine line between over limp over-oiled (give it a day and this will fix itself, no dramas), and dry crunchy frizz (this requires a bit more work to fix). The balance is tricky to strike at first, and can be a bit challenging to keep steady if the weather or stress start affecting you. But the result of nearly smooth, well behaved curls and hair with a bit of bounce is well worth the effort; if only because it makes life much easier.

Shepherdess
May 25th, 2016, 02:39 AM
As a curly myself, I found adding oil while detangling after a shower was the easiest way for me to calm my frizz down. I also keep a bottle of keratin-based leave in conditioner on my bathroom sink for when the Mop just will not take a hint. My biggest problem with frizz usually cropped up if I wore my hair down for a day or 2 as it drys out and the wind gets into it, creating a dry puffball (looks as ridiculous as it sounds).

Something else to remember is that curly hair is unbelievably thirsty, as in "soaked in conditioner for 2 days, moisture mask with double conditioner and still only just enough" sort of thirsty. I thought I had oily hair until I tried oiling a several times a week and moisture treatments every 2nd or 3rd wash. The realization that I actually had dry hair meant a complete change of approach to basically everything I thought I knew about my hair. I now walk a fine line between over limp over-oiled (give it a day and this will fix itself, no dramas), and dry crunchy frizz (this requires a bit more work to fix). The balance is tricky to strike at first, and can be a bit challenging to keep steady if the weather or stress start affecting you. But the result of nearly smooth, well behaved curls and hair with a bit of bounce is well worth the effort; if only because it makes life much easier.
This is exactly how my hair behaves too. I couldn't figure out why my hair was constantly frizzy for so long, and a lot had to do with it being dry, even though I tend to have an oily scalp, so realizing that really helped me. :D Oils and leave-ins can really do so wonderfully! It really can be hard to find that balance and going back and forth between over oiled and frizz like that though. I am still trying to figure this balance out.

Simsy
May 25th, 2016, 02:49 AM
This is exactly how my hair behaves too. I couldn't figure out why my hair was constantly frizzy for so long, and a lot had to do with it being dry, even though I tend to have an oily scalp, so realizing that really helped me. :D Oils and leave-ins can really do so wonderfully! It really can be hard to find that balance and going back and forth between over oiled and frizz like that though. I am still trying to figure this balance out.

So true, I cut off dry damaged hair, tried to repair it and one day found a website that said "curls are dry". Complete reality shift, and 2 hair masks later, I suddenly had curls that were very nearly behaved. I found a good trick with oil was to overdo it and then leave my hair loose for a couple of hours. The hair dries out, soaks up the oil and sooner or later you are back to the sweet spot. But you are right, it is a difficult balance to find and it isn't exactly steady even across the same head of hair.

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 12:21 PM
I can't seem to calm down my frizziness, no matter what I do!! :brickwall

I've tried coating my hair in coconut oil from the ears down, washing with many different combinations of S&C, skipping wash days, using a silk pillowcase, using a silk sleep bonnet, and drenching my hair in serum/MO. My hair just soaks up the serum, looks good for a few minutes, then POOF FRIZZ, like I never applied it. It just won't quit, and I don't know what to do... it's really discouraging, because I can't put my hair up until after next Wednesday to hide it(lump on scalp is painful and may need to have surgery, seeing doctor next week for evaluation).

It has me a bit distraught that my hair looks so bad... or maybe that's mother nature delivering her "monthly gift" soon talking. Either way, my hair looks like doo-doo and I don't know what to do...do. (sorry, couldn't resist)

Shepherdess
June 16th, 2016, 12:34 PM
I can't seem to calm down my frizziness, no matter what I do!! :brickwall

I've tried coating my hair in coconut oil from the ears down, washing with many different combinations of S&C, skipping wash days, using a silk pillowcase, using a silk sleep bonnet, and drenching my hair in serum/MO. My hair just soaks up the serum, looks good for a few minutes, then POOF FRIZZ, like I never applied it. It just won't quit, and I don't know what to do... it's really discouraging, because I can't put my hair up until after next Wednesday to hide it(lump on scalp is painful and may need to have surgery, seeing doctor next week for evaluation).

It has me a bit distraught that my hair looks so bad... or maybe that's mother nature delivering her "monthly gift" soon talking. Either way, my hair looks like doo-doo and I don't know what to do...do. (sorry, couldn't resist)
Has the weather been humid lately? That sounds pretty frustrating! :( Do you have any aloe vera or gentle styling gels? I find that gels tend to help me the most on the frizzy days it seems. I usually mix some gel with a small bit of oil together and spread it over my lightly damp hair to try and tame the frizz down (I usually braid it along with this, though you mentioned you can't put your hair up right now, so you might not be able to do that). I haven't figured out a completely good solution yet either for frizz, though I hope that everything works out for you! Also, hope your doctor evaluation goes well too! :flower:

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Has the weather been humid lately? That sounds pretty frustrating! :( Do you have any aloe vera or gentle styling gels? I find that gels tend to help me the most on the frizzy days it seems. I usually mix some gel with a small bit of oil together and spread it over my lightly damp hair to try and tame the frizz down (I usually braid it along with this, though you mentioned you can't put your hair up right now, so you might not be able to do that). I haven't figured out a completely good solution yet either for frizz, though I hope that everything works out for you! Also, hope your doctor evaluation goes well too! :flower:

It's been dry and hot, and I went to a pool party over the weekend... So I think between the sun, the heat, the freshly opened/chemical treated pool my hair is really angry with me. I took a shower and clarified my hair as soon as I got home to get all that yuckiness out. It rained last night, and the extra moisture in the air has indeed made it worse. But since then, it's been rebelling.

I think I'm going to buy some aloe after work, and perhaps jojoba if I can find it... I'm getting desperate for this madness to stop :wail:

I wonder why the serum does jack-diddly though, it's the strangest thing. :hmm:

Shepherdess
June 16th, 2016, 12:48 PM
It's been dry and hot, and I went to a pool party over the weekend... So I think between the sun, the heat, the freshly opened/chemical treated pool my hair is really angry with me. I took a shower and clarified my hair as soon as I got home to get all that yuckiness out. It rained last night, and the extra moisture in the air has indeed made it worse. But since then, it's been rebelling.

I think I'm going to buy some aloe after work, and perhaps jojoba if I can find it... I'm getting desperate for this madness to stop :wail:

Hmm, it sounds like your hair doesn't want to retain the moisture, perhaps? My hair tends to be a bit porous, so it can be a battle to smooth down the hair shaft and have it retain the moisture sometimes it seems. I hope that the aloe vera helps you! I also use jojoba and it is a nice light oil, so if you find that, I hope that it works for your hair too!

What type of serum do you use?

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Here's a picture of what it's doing:

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac27/Nyssa_Gomez/20189360-9680-48ed-a53e-73d08b0d1011_zpsj5ctg03z.jpg
(sneaky, sneaky work picture)

All of those annoying poofy bits are killing me, and it feels pretty rough to the touch.

Hmm, it sounds like your hair doesn't want to retain the moisture, perhaps? My hair tends to be a bit porous, so it can be a battle to smooth down the hair shaft and have it retain the moisture sometimes it seems. I hope that the aloe vera helps you! I also use jojoba and it is a nice light oil, so if you find that, I hope that it works for your hair too!

What type of serum do you use?

Currently I've tried CHI Silk Infusion and Garnier Marvelous Oil... not sure if those are any good, but they're all I have currently :shrug:

lapushka
June 16th, 2016, 01:13 PM

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac27/Nyssa_Gomez/20189360-9680-48ed-a53e-73d08b0d1011_zpsj5ctg03z.jpg

All of those annoying poofy bits are killing me, and it feels pretty rough to the touch.

Currently I've tried CHI Silk Infusion and Garnier Marvelous Oil... not sure if those are any good, but they're all I have currently :shrug:

Maybe it is your monthly "gift" coming that has you distraught (can I say that :o), because to tell you the truth? That's not bad at all! Not bad at all! I really just would let it be and not worry about it. :) :flower:

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Maybe it is your monthly "gift" coming that has you distraught (can I say that :o), because to tell you the truth? That's not bad at all! Not bad at all! I really just would let it be and not worry about it. :) :flower:

HOW DARE... Just kidding! :p (sorry, my personality is finally coming out) You can say that, I know it's probably true :lol: :oops:

The length looks... decent, but it's just the fuzzy rogue hairs on the top and in my bangs that are making me crazy. I don't dare put serum up that high to try and fix it. Once I get the aloe, I think my first proper SMT is in order though!

ETA: You know what's funny? As I was posting this, I was thinking "I really need Lapushka's expertise right about now", and like magic... :magic:

lapushka
June 16th, 2016, 01:30 PM
HOW DARE... Just kidding! :p (sorry, my personality is finally coming out) You can say that, I know it's probably true :lol: :oops:

The length looks... decent, but it's just the fuzzy rogue hairs on the top and in my bangs that are making me crazy. I don't dare put serum up that high to try and fix it. Once I get the aloe, I think my first proper SMT is in order though!

ETA: You know what's funny? As I was posting this, I was thinking "I really need Lapushka's expertise right about now", and like magic... :magic:

LOL!!! Maybe try using the serums you have. Pick one. Put a tiiiny puddle in your palm, spread over hands really well (almost rub in) and then smooth over the fuzzies lightly.

Shepherdess
June 16th, 2016, 01:43 PM

I have to agree with Lapushka, I think that your hair looks nice, and the frizz is not too noticeable, or at least, I don't really notice it too much. :D

I haven't tried those serums before, so I have no experience with them, but if they have been working for you all along, maybe once your hair starts taming down again they will work fine? :)

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 02:00 PM
I have to agree with Lapushka, I think that your hair looks nice, and the frizz is not too noticeable, or at least, I don't really notice it too much. :D

I haven't tried those serums before, so I have no experience with them, but if they have been working for you all along, maybe once your hair starts taming down again they will work fine? :)

It's good to hear that maybe it is all in my head (or is it...on my head? :rolling:) I'm on the hunt for new serums... they used to work for me, but suddenly their effectiveness started to decrease. Hair can be so confusing :justy:

Shepherdess
June 16th, 2016, 02:09 PM
It's good to hear that maybe it is all in my head (or is it...on my head? :rolling:) I'm on the hunt for new serums... they used to work for me, but suddenly their effectiveness started to decrease. Hair can be so confusing :justy:

lol! :D Yeah, hair can definitely be confusing sometimes! I think too, as hair grows longer, it can change slightly in texture sometimes and have new needs. My hair ends around classic and thigh are probably a bit old compared to my roots, so they need much more TLC than the younger lengths. I hope that you are able to find a good serum that works nicely for you! :flower:

lapushka
June 16th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Do you have any oils around? If you have MO, try using 1 to 2 drops, spread over palms, and lightly smoothed over the hair. If you have natural oils, you can use a *tad* more. But the frizz is not too bad, so I wouldn't use too much product, for fear it might leave your hair oily.

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 02:21 PM
lol! :D Yeah, hair can definitely be confusing sometimes! I think too, as hair grows longer, it can change slightly in texture sometimes and have new needs. My hair ends around classic and thigh are probably a bit old compared to my roots, so they need much more TLC than the younger lengths. I hope that you are able to find a good serum that works nicely for you! :flower:

That may be it with the texture, just need to treat it with more TLC. My scalp and lengths definitely react very differently to things. My scalp loves a harsh sulfate shampoo, my lengths dry out. My length loves a rich coney conditioner, my scalp becomes a greaseball.

Do you have any oils around? If you have MO, try using 1 to 2 drops, spread over palms, and lightly smoothed over the hair. If you have natural oils, you can use a *tad* more. But the frizz is not too bad, so I wouldn't use too much product, for fear it might leave your hair oily.

I have MO, but not on me. Only one more hour til I get to go home from work... see how busy it is here? :rolleyes:

I'm on the hunt for natural oils that aren't coconut... my scalp hates it (A LOT of shedding), and my length is "meh" about it. I think it may have attributed to the length frizzies that I matted down with three layers of serum. I found a sampler pack on amazon that I might end up purchasing in the near future: oily goodness (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TIS57MG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1QNDSU4PQI1ZB) I hope one of those can give my hair a break from having so much serum on it.

Anje
June 16th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Vampyrri, I don't think it looks half bad, but I wonder if you're getting extra frizz from treating your hair as straighter than it is. Serum never did anything good for my hair, so I can't really give you advice on it -- I'd try skipping it. What I'd try next time is wash your hair with shampoo, then apply conditioner from about ears down and comb it through so your hair is decently detangled. Then rinse only 1/2-3/4 of the conditioner out, without flipping your hair around very much. Run fingers down it a little to get the excess water out, wrap it up in a towel for a bit, then let it down and let it airdry without ever combing it. Just see what it does. I'm thinking you'll get some more defined waves and less frizz.

Of course, if it's just a mess at that point, bun it and try something else the next wash. Good thing about long hair is that you can hide bad hair days.

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Vampyrri, I don't think it looks half bad, but I wonder if you're getting extra frizz from treating your hair as straighter than it is. Serum never did anything good for my hair, so I can't really give you advice on it -- I'd try skipping it. What I'd try next time is wash your hair with shampoo, then apply conditioner from about ears down and comb it through so your hair is decently detangled. Then rinse only 1/2-3/4 of the conditioner out, without flipping your hair around very much. Run fingers down it a little to get the excess water out, wrap it up in a towel for a bit, then let it down and let it airdry without ever combing it. Just see what it does. I'm thinking you'll get some more defined waves and less frizz.

Of course, if it's just a mess at that point, bun it and try something else the next wash. Good thing about long hair is that you can hide bad hair days.

That may be the issue too... which is why I "downgraded"(not sure what a better word is) my hair type from 1c/2a to just 1c. Normally I shampoo, condition from the ears down, rinse it all out, brush it with a tangle teezer to get the remaining tangles out, and throw it up in a turbie twist... then I take it down, and keep combing through it as it dries. Maybe I secretly have more wave than I think I do...? I've seen around the forms that sometimes frizz is the waves trying to rebel. So this routine might be the cause of the frizz...? I have a hard time not combing it out, because I'm always trying to make it dry faster.

I guess I have a habit to break :oops:, after I do my SMT tonight, I'll try my darndest to not futz with it like I usually do.

lapushka
June 16th, 2016, 03:36 PM
I guess I have a habit to break :oops:, after I do my SMT tonight, I'll try my darndest to not futz with it like I usually do.

Yes, I agree with Anje. A hairtyping picture would be great.

Anje
June 16th, 2016, 03:39 PM
... then I take it down, and keep combing through it as it dries. Maybe I secretly have more wave than I think I do...? I've seen around the forms that sometimes frizz is the waves trying to rebel. So this routine might be the cause of the frizz...? I have a hard time not combing it out, because I'm always trying to make it dry faster.

For what it's worth, that's pretty much what I do most of the time. I know it breaks up my wimpy waves and gives me frizz, but I don't think my waves are all that great anyway. I'm gonna bun my hair or braid it anyway, and preserving the wave or limiting frizz isn't a priority 95% of the time.

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 05:27 PM
I have my Starwberry V05, aloe gel, and honey at the ready! I'll probably make a new post once it's dry and everything, so I stop hijacking the OP's thread :lol:

vampyyri
June 16th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Okay, so I'm still hijacking this thread... because why make a new one? We have plenty xD

Out of the shower after an SMT that I squish-to-condish'd and my new almond oil, and it is taking forever to dry!! It is so hard to not mess with it! I want to brush it SO. BADLY. I like my hair to be one fluid mass, and this piecey look is driving me mad!! :justy: I had to brush my bangs at least though, otherwise they don't fall into their "swoop".

But... I think I see waves, it's about 50%-60% dry though after two hours. If I stay up long enough for it to dry, I will have DH take a picture... granted if he stays up long enough as well! :yawn:

KittyBird
June 17th, 2016, 03:05 AM

Oh man, I was tired when reading this, and I thought you wrote "I wonder what serum Samurai Jack (http://samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Samurai_Jack_Wiki) uses". It made sense to me, as his hair is usually very sleek and well-behaved. :lol: I think you've gotten some good advice already, so I don't really have much to add, other than that I think your hair looks beautiful.
I think completely sleek and smooth hair is almost impossible to achieve without a flat iron. Some people have smooth, frizz-free hair, but I think that most of us will just have to deal with having a certain amount of frizz. I can make my hair look smooth for about two seconds when I put serum on it and comb it, before it floofs up and goes back into lion mode.

DoomKitty
June 17th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Okay, so I'm still hijacking this thread... because why make a new one? We have plenty xD

Out of the shower after an SMT that I squish-to-condish'd and my new almond oil, and it is taking forever to dry!! It is so hard to not mess with it! I want to brush it SO. BADLY. I like my hair to be one fluid mass, and this piecey look is driving me mad!! :justy: I had to brush my bangs at least though, otherwise they don't fall into their "swoop".

But... I think I see waves, it's about 50%-60% dry though after two hours. If I stay up long enough for it to dry, I will have DH take a picture... granted if he stays up long enough as well! :yawn:

Do you LOC as well? I've just started doing it after reading Lapushaka's ROO thread and it's made such a difference with my waves and frizz factor..it dries piecey but once its dried and brushed the shine, silkiness and volume is amazing

Ponymad21
June 17th, 2016, 10:23 AM
I don't know if anyone else has suggested it but try the Cirly Girl Method! It's working really well for me so far