PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy extra large claw clamps?

Fluffy01
May 22nd, 2016, 12:00 PM
I love my claw clamps! And my hair is quickly approaching bsl....yay! I am in need of new ones soon to put my hair up with. I haven't mastered sticks yet....can you do those wet? I like putting my hair up fresh outta the shower. Thanks!

lapushka
May 22nd, 2016, 12:15 PM
Yes you can use some sticks wet, like the acrylic ones.

I got mine from a cheap shop in town (my mom bought the entire basket back then), and a few of those were big claws. I break them easy, that is why I'm so sparing with them. I did use one from APL all the way to waist/hip and it's the biggest one I've got - again, from the cheap shop in town.

I'd turn to finding them online, or else a cheap physical store if you can get access to that.

Groovy Granny
May 22nd, 2016, 12:34 PM
Goody and Scunci both have large claws.
I have seen/bought them at walmart, different pharmacy stores, and my grocers; they are also on Amazon.

yogagirl
May 22nd, 2016, 06:44 PM
Seconding Scünci brand. They have a line for thick hair, see for example this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BLPXAO6/ref=mp_s_a_1_18_a_it?qid=1463964233&sr=8-18&keywords=scunci+thick+hair

But you can also find them at cvs, Walgreens, rite aid, etc.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 22nd, 2016, 06:48 PM
Goody makes wonderful large ones, I bought six for myself and am wearing two now. I purchased them on Amazon (they have 9 teeth on each side).

Seeshami
May 22nd, 2016, 06:51 PM
Walgreens.

Mimha
May 23rd, 2016, 03:55 PM
I found a cheap ultra light super large one at Claire's, in plastic material imitating carved wood. I love it ! It's very comfy too and I mainly use it in the morning, to hold my waist length M hair up when I wash, prior to put it in a bun. I twist and double fold my hair with no problem in it.

Groovy Granny
May 24th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I found a cheap ultra light super large one at Claire's, in plastic material imitating carved wood. I love it ! It's very comfy too and I mainly use it in the morning, to hold my waist length M hair up when I wash, prior to put it in a bun. I twist and double fold my hair with no problem in it.

I completely forgot about Claire's; I have several that I love :thumbsup:

meteor
May 26th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Goody makes wonderful large ones, I bought six for myself and am wearing two now. I purchased them on Amazon (they have 9 teeth on each side).

That's the ones i use, too. :agree: They are wonderful and sturdy (https://c4.q-assets.com/images/products/p/ago/ago-042_1z.jpg). :D

To be perfectly honest, I've never actually seen extra large claw-clips though, even when they are marketed as such... I think, if the bun is large, it's much easier to use 2 or more strong claw-clips (like those Goody ones, for example) around the perimeter or in strategic spots to hold everything together.