PDA

View Full Version : 6 Month No Trimming Challenge // June 2016 - January 2017

Pages : [1] 2

princesssaffron
May 22nd, 2016, 01:35 AM
Welcome to this thread, lets get growing!
:cheer: :flower:

Seeing as it is almost half way through the year, i thought it would be a great idea to make a 6 month no-trimming challenge! there is a thread for no trimming 2016 and a no-trimming club, but a year is too long for some of us and i think a 6 month time frame is very reasonable and having a set time will help us stay on track! :o

Rules:
You need to trim by June 30th at the latest
You can maintain fringe/bangs
You can S&D
you cannot microtrim or normal trim

whos in with me?! ;)

lithostoic
May 22nd, 2016, 06:02 AM
Sounds good! I've been planning on getting my trim in June since March! Last December I thought it'd be ready by March, but it was still looking fresh c: June seemed more reasonable.

Anya15
May 22nd, 2016, 06:20 AM
I'm in! I am only S&Ding right now. I want to hit tailbone before doing a trim of any kind. And since my estimate for tailbone is december, this challenge is perfect :D

H o n є y ❤
May 22nd, 2016, 06:21 AM
You can probably count me in! This will be my first no trimming challenge.

Edit: I'm actually gonna have to pass on this one for now. Good luck to everyone else!

MariaPon
May 22nd, 2016, 08:28 AM
I'm in as well! Haven't "calculated" how far I'll reach by then and would rather not as to not be disappointed :) But it's nice to have the challenge because I'm generally not very fond of hairdressers and/or trimming at all :p

lapushka
May 22nd, 2016, 08:40 AM
I might be in. I am going to trim June 31st, though, if I am joining. I will prolong my trimming schedule until that date. I haven't trimmed since February of this year and it's about 1.5 inches beyond classic right now. It's still okay but it might start to get in the way in a few months' time. That's when I'll trim. I think trimming back to classic, then waiting 4 to 6 months before a trim back is a nice way to do it.

Yeah, I'll definitely think about it and let you guys know at the end of June!

Silverbrumby
May 22nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
Im in. Only S and D'ing as needed the past 6 months.

Phoe
May 22nd, 2016, 12:16 PM
I may be in.... I'm a habitual trimmer and have never had hair past BSL. I trimmed yesterday for the first time in 2 months and that's actually really good considering I've been known to trim 3 times in one month before...

I intended to trim June 20th for the summer season change, and was then planning to trim again in September for Fall, but with the help of this thread, perhaps I will skip all the way through until the new year...

If so, I've gotta make that June trim a good one. I've been trimming so obsessively because I'm growing out some pesky layers and have been trying to help them catch up with the hemline. Can I be patient enough to let the layers just do their thing? We will see...

Ophidian
May 22nd, 2016, 03:26 PM
I'm in! Was too late joining tlhc for the no trim 2016 challenge so this is perfect.

cailinbee
May 22nd, 2016, 04:07 PM
Oh this is perfect for me! I was going to go through the holiday season of 2016, with S&D, so the time frame is right for me to hop on this challenge!

AZDesertRose
May 22nd, 2016, 04:11 PM
I might join in on this one, because it might get me off my backside about trimming my hair before the cutoff. I haven't actually trimmed since February 2015, when I had the annoying layers cut out by a professional (that cut took me back to about APL so too short for me to manage a self-trim), and while my hemline doesn't look totally horrible, a trim certainly wouldn't hurt, but I keep procrastinating for no good reason, LOL. I'm around mid-back now, so I could easily self-trim at this point. I just keep not doing it! :D

spidermom
May 22nd, 2016, 06:10 PM
I'm in also, although my last cut (4-5 inches to get rid of my longest, thinnest layers) was in March, and I will not trim before spring/March 2017. I'm doing a seasonal growth project ( SEASONAL GROWTH PROJECT (begin March 20, 2016 ), and first day of spring 2017 marks exactly one year. I'm looking forward to documenting the growth and changes in hem during this time and invite all to join me.

princesssaffron
May 22nd, 2016, 06:57 PM
yay! I look forward to doing this challenge with you all :)

I used to be a bit of a serial trimmer :bigeyes: but this year i have only had 2 trims - one in January just to trim my a-line bob, and one last Friday to even out the hemline as i am growing it out! i lasted 5 months without a trim and i probably could've gone a bit longer if i didn't need to fix my hemline, so this challenge shouldn't be too hard!! (i dont think hehe)

missmagoo
May 22nd, 2016, 08:13 PM
I might be in as well. I haven't had a big trim since the fall, and this might motivate me to do a bigger trim (which I need) and then lay off for awhile- or not and just where I end up in January!

DarkChocolate
May 23rd, 2016, 07:24 AM
I am in. I just trimmed an inch on Saturday.

vampyyri
May 23rd, 2016, 07:36 AM
I'm in! The last trim I had was in December, and I have been S&Ding since then. I'm curious to see where my hair falls by the end of the year! I never really paid attention to how quickly it grows, so who knows? :hmm:

samanthaa
May 23rd, 2016, 10:19 AM
I'm wondering if I should drop out of the no trim 2016 challenge, trim at the end of June, and then join back in here :P

I've long been contemplating whether I should or not. My hemline is so uneven. I told myself I would do a mid-year evaluation in July. We'll see...

lapushka
May 23rd, 2016, 04:04 PM

Seeing as it is almost half way through the year, i thought it would be a great idea to make a 6 month no-trimming challenge! there is a thread for no trimming 2016 and a no-trimming club, but a year is too long for some of us and i think a 6 month time frame is very reasonable and having a set time will help us stay on track! :o

Rules:
You need to trim by June 31st at the latest
You can S&D

whos in with me?! ;)

I'm pretty sure June has 30 days. :) :p LOL

H o n є y ❤
May 23rd, 2016, 07:09 PM
The days in months are so confusing! Lol :p

tigress86
May 24th, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'm in. My next trim is scheduled to mid August, but I could trim in June and then try to stretch my trim interval (currently 4 months) with the help of this challenge.

Salwety
May 24th, 2016, 06:00 AM
I just had big trim last week, and can have another one by next month before joining the challenge. I can probably hold my urge to trim for 6 month. Especially that my hair condition has improved a lot after changing my routine.

w0nderland
May 24th, 2016, 06:18 AM
I was too late joining to be in the no trimming 2016, Right now I just microtrim but end up taking off more than I'm meant to. I'm in!

ReadingRenee
May 24th, 2016, 08:09 AM
I'm definitely in! I think I might need a small trim by the end of June but then I don't want to trim for the rest of the year. My goal is to eventually trim to a blunt hemline and trim out layers but I don't want to lose length all at once so this seems like a good way to do it.

princesssaffron
May 25th, 2016, 05:33 PM
I'm pretty sure June has 30 days. :) :p LOL

HAHAHAHAHH oops! :p

princesssaffron
May 26th, 2016, 06:12 PM
BUMP! :magic:

There is only a few more days left of June! if you want to join this thread, you still have 5 days to get your last trim/cut for the next 6 months!

Silverbrumby
May 26th, 2016, 09:58 PM
Bump bump bump:bottomsup::bottomsup::bottomsup::bottomsup:

I'll drink to that.

AZDesertRose
May 27th, 2016, 08:24 AM

There is only a few more days left of June! if you want to join this thread, you still have 5 days to get your last trim/cut for the next 6 months!

Am I confused? Today is 27 May. :)

RebekahE
May 27th, 2016, 08:46 AM
This is tempting. I could gain at least 3 inches but Mom always gets on my case about getting it trimmed because she doesn't like thin or fairy tale ends (I'm not a big fan of them on my own hair) but seriously I've gone 9 months without trimming my hair before, six months can't hurt it. I just had it trimmed at the end of April. I'm going to try for this.

Lavendersugar
May 27th, 2016, 08:39 PM
I'm in!! It's about the time I would need to even out my ends with a micro.

lapushka
May 28th, 2016, 02:24 AM
HAHAHAHAHH oops! :p

Yeah, ask me how I know. I made the same mistake. :tongue:

lapushka
May 28th, 2016, 02:25 AM

Another oopsie? :lol: We have a whole month left after this one. :) Today is... May.

Nellon
May 28th, 2016, 03:56 AM
Hahaha! You guys! I'm not the only LHC:er in outer space. Good to see ;)

ETA: I think I might try to be in here... Gotta hurry and trim *joking*
I'll trim in June and then try to hold out. It's a good idea for a thread!!

hayheadsbird
May 28th, 2016, 04:56 AM
I'm in!
Hoping for BSL by end of the year, so just S&d for me :)

princesssaffron
May 29th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Another oopsie? :lol: We have a whole month left after this one. :) Today is... May.

im glad we have people like you who pay attention!!! ;) hahah a few days left BEFORE june!

pili
May 29th, 2016, 05:02 PM
I'm in! I've been a wee bit scissor happy on this grow out, and I have banned myself from any more trims until I hit BSL dry and curly. I'm counting on this thread to get me through the rest of this year. My last cut was at the end of Feb.

mxrydeeze
May 29th, 2016, 05:44 PM
I have been a long time lurker, but I think it's time for me to finally post! I have been looking for an idea on how to finally grow my hair out, and this seems like a good option. I am currently in the process of growing out my bleached hair and it is very damaged, so I wanted to trim it sometime this summer. This will force me to get it freshened up next month, and try my best to keep it as healthy as possible for the next 6 months.

mxrydeeze
May 29th, 2016, 05:51 PM
I am in the same boat you are. I have been close to the same length the past year because I keep trimming or cutting, and that needs to stop. I hope this forum keeps me in check lol.

princesssaffron
May 29th, 2016, 06:18 PM
I have been a long time lurker, but I think it's time for me to finally post! I have been looking for an idea on how to finally grow my hair out, and this seems like a good option. I am currently in the process of growing out my bleached hair and it is very damaged, so I wanted to trim it sometime this summer. This will force me to get it freshened up next month, and try my best to keep it as healthy as possible for the next 6 months.

welcome! :o this is my first challenge on LHC too and I'm hoping that it keeps me motivated not to trim too! I think 6 months is great because its long enough to gain some great length!

princesssaffron
May 29th, 2016, 06:22 PM
I am in the same boat you are. I have been close to the same length the past year because I keep trimming or cutting, and that needs to stop. I hope this forum keeps me in check lol.

haha yes its going to feel so weird not getting regular trims! :alien: i recently went 5 months without trimming (it felt like forever!) but it goes quick and its amazing how much faster it seems to grow when the ends aren't being chopped off!

AZDesertRose
June 4th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Just did the long-delayed trim, so I'm officially in. No trimming for me until the new year! :agree:

princesssaffron
June 6th, 2016, 11:37 PM
I bet it felt so refreshing to get that trim! and now on to growing!! :rolling:

lulikrueger
June 7th, 2016, 01:42 AM
Last trim was I think mid febuary or the begginning of march...
I'm hoping to stay trim-free(S&D only) until december, so I guess I'll join this thread!
My ends feel smooth but not as much as I'd like. Everyone says I'm just fussy but I just really love the feel of freshly-cut hair...

lapushka
June 7th, 2016, 02:50 AM
Looks like I might be joining. I'm going for a trim at the end of June, and then we'll see how far I can stand going without another trim. I haven't trimmed since February, so that's about 4 months now (March, April, May, June). Puts me about 2 inches beyond classic length. At the end of June will be almost 5 months. So yeah. Should be do-able. Still haven't fully made up my mind, though... We'll see... ;)

tigress86
June 7th, 2016, 03:23 AM
I can't decide if I should even have a trim before this challenge starts. My ends are perfectly fine right now... should I microtrim before the challenge just in case? My last trim was 3-4 months ago, but I recently bought and used thinning shears to remove some of the bulk from my hair and it certainly helped the ends feel fresher too. Maybe my ends will be just fine if I don't trim prior to this challenge and I will gain even more length?

ephemeri
June 7th, 2016, 05:55 AM
I think I'm in! This is a great motivator. However, are there any other curlies in here who have concerns about triangle head? I periodically trim a few curls here and there to keep my layers in tact because, especially at this length, if I don't have some layering, I will have major triangle head. If I can't control the triangle with the occasional snip here and there, what do I do? What do other curlies do? Do you keep your hair up? (Should I just go for it anyway?) I'm scared! lol :D

Blissful337
June 7th, 2016, 06:00 AM

Rules:
You can S&D

whos in with me?! ;)

Me me me!! I'm in. My last trim was May 5th 2016. I want to go without trimming until Jan 2017. I can't post pics because too new but my hair is slightly above shoulder length with my shortest layers at chin length. I want to get to BSL.

Blissful337
June 7th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Also since I'm new hair this will be my first challenge too! And forgive me but I don't know many if the terms. What does s&d'ing mean?
Thanks!

AZDesertRose
June 7th, 2016, 07:25 AM
Also since I'm new hair this will be my first challenge too! And forgive me but I don't know many if the terms. What does s&d'ing mean?
Thanks!

S&D means Search and Destroy, also sometimes called "dusting." It means to go through your hair and snip off any noticeable split ends or "white dots" (which also can indicate damage). The term "dusting" reflects the fact that the process produces a bit of a mess to tidy afterwards, particularly if you've got thick hair. :D

Not everyone does it. I don't do it much because my hair doesn't seem to split much, and some people have found that they get obsessive about it which ruins the fun of long hair for them, but for some people S&D can be a good way to get rid of minor damage without a full-fledged trim.

Hope that helps! :flower:

Blissful337
June 7th, 2016, 07:42 AM
S&D means Search and Destroy, also sometimes called "dusting." It means to go through your hair and snip off any noticeable split ends or "white dots" (which also can indicate damage). The term "dusting" reflects the fact that the process produces a bit of a mess to tidy afterwards, particularly if you've got thick hair. :D

Not everyone does it. I don't do it much because my hair doesn't seem to split much, and some people have found that they get obsessive about it which ruins the fun of long hair for them, but for some people S&D can be a good way to get rid of minor damage without a full-fledged trim.

Hope that helps! :flower:

Oh ok! Definitely helps. Thank you so much for explaining that. I don't think I trust myself enough to S&D my hair!! lol

AZDesertRose
June 7th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Oh ok! Definitely helps. Thank you so much for explaining that. I don't think I trust myself enough to S&D my hair!! lol

You're very welcome.

Here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54874 is a list of common abbreviations we use a lot around here; some are general internet slang, but some are pretty LHC specific or at least long-hair specific. :D

Blissful337
June 7th, 2016, 08:07 AM
You're very welcome.

Here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54874 is a list of common abbreviations we use a lot around here; some are general internet slang, but some are pretty LHC specific or at least long-hair specific. :D

Oh Great. Thanks again! :)

nakima
June 7th, 2016, 12:20 PM
I'm in I haven't been doing anything but s&d anyway for a while now. My goal is to reach classic by the end of this year so maybe this will help. Happy growing everyone! :toast: here's to reaching our goals!

pili
June 7th, 2016, 11:28 PM
I think I'm in! This is a great motivator. However, are there any other curlies in here who have concerns about triangle head? I periodically trim a few curls here and there to keep my layers in tact because, especially at this length, if I don't have some layering, I will have major triangle head. If I can't control the triangle with the occasional snip here and there, what do I do? What do other curlies do? Do you keep your hair up? (Should I just go for it anyway?) I'm scared! lol :D
I'm a curly and heavily layered. Now that I'm wearing my hair up more, the layers are a pain. I can't wait to get rid of them! I would say that layers are a YMMV kinda thing. Some love them, some don't. What are you planning on doing with your hair as you grow it out? Will your goal length include layers? You can always eyeball the layers (what I do) or ty for a V cut. I'll be eventually transitioning from a Diva-type cut to a V after BSL to a U at my goal length.

ETA: my triangle head stops being a problem after I get past waist.

Phoebe70
June 7th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Im in too!!

Sorry if this is a double post, I cant seem to see the one I first did....kind of new here.

Anyway, i had my hair hacked into about 5 week ago so after working out my regrowth it should grow 9cm's in 6 months. This would make the part of fringe that i am growing out come down to my mid neck. My shortest layers mid neck. And the main length 1 inch below the centre of my collar bone. I have a lot of hair loss shedding and this seems to affect the length so hope this works :)

Snowlily
June 8th, 2016, 12:28 AM
Woot - am in - this I think I can do :D had a much needed 2" chop mid-May so hoping to recoup some of that and a bit more by December!

Michetta
June 8th, 2016, 06:26 AM
I'm in! I just had my hair cut a week ago - big mistake. I have heavily wavy hair that loosens up as time goes on I asked for layers which I like but my hair was APL and now more collarbone with layers above my ears!! And yes I'm worried about the triangle since its the right length for it.

TatsuOni
June 8th, 2016, 06:46 AM
I usually trim my hair twice a year and june is the time for my sixth month trim so I'm in:) I will trim my hair soon and then only S&D until january.

ephemeri
June 8th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I'm a curly and heavily layered. Now that I'm wearing my hair up more, the layers are a pain. I can't wait to get rid of them! I would say that layers are a YMMV kinda thing. Some love them, some don't. What are you planning on doing with your hair as you grow it out? Will your goal length include layers? You can always eyeball the layers (what I do) or ty for a V cut. I'll be eventually transitioning from a Diva-type cut to a V after BSL to a U at my goal length.

ETA: my triangle head stops being a problem after I get past waist.

I'm not sure yet what I want it to be like once I hit my goal (somewhere between mid-back to a little past waist, I need to wait and see!). I've only ever worn my hair curly up to chin/mid-neck length. It's only been in the past 8 months that I've figured out how to work with it as it grows out so this is the longest it's been while curly! I have had mid-back length hair before but that was when I was flat-ironing the cr*p out of it many years ago.

I'm glad to hear the triangle isn't a problem after a certain length -- I was kind of hoping that would happen. I just really really hate this in-between stage I'm in where I'm still hovering around shoulder-length because of all my layers (collarbone length while curly for the longest pieces, APL when stretched; some of the shorter layers are still shoulder length curly). I will try my hardest to not trim for the rest of the year and if it gets too triangle-y then maybe I can get creative with updos, half-updos, or other hair accessories. ;)

PS. your hair in your pic is gorgeous!

pili
June 8th, 2016, 06:15 PM
I'm not sure yet what I want it to be like once I hit my goal (somewhere between mid-back to a little past waist, I need to wait and see!). I've only ever worn my hair curly up to chin/mid-neck length. It's only been in the past 8 months that I've figured out how to work with it as it grows out so this is the longest it's been while curly! I have had mid-back length hair before but that was when I was flat-ironing the cr*p out of it many years ago.

I'm glad to hear the triangle isn't a problem after a certain length -- I was kind of hoping that would happen. I just really really hate this in-between stage I'm in where I'm still hovering around shoulder-length because of all my layers (collarbone length while curly for the longest pieces, APL when stretched; some of the shorter layers are still shoulder length curly). I will try my hardest to not trim for the rest of the year and if it gets too triangle-y then maybe I can get creative with updos, half-updos, or other hair accessories. ;)

PS. your hair in your pic is gorgeous!

Why thank you, ephemera!

It actually sounds like we are at about the same place with length and shrinkage. (I cut out all the ombre in late Feb)

The next two mile markers will be the hardest to deal with in terms of triangle-head, but just put it up and forget it! That's my plan.

Blissful337
June 10th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Help!! The temptation is real!! :mad:
I am trying to grow to BSL from a past stacked bob I had. The last haircut was May 5th and the guy cut into my layers more than I wanted to. I am not a fan of layers when my hair is this length so the layers are driving me crazy and I am hating the way they look. I don't mind layers on me when my hair is much longer. My layers tend to flip out a lot. I hate wearing my hair up so it's mostly down. These layers are tempting me to chop away to make my hair one length. As you can see from the pic that means I would have to cut to a chin bob. I really don't want to wait forever to get to BSL so I'm trying not to be bothered by these layers. But as I said...the temptation is real!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23379&d=1465564029

Edit: Ok I figured out how to get my pic here. :)

Lanalavallama
June 10th, 2016, 11:39 AM
I am in! I really want to see how long my hair can get by December.

pili
June 10th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Help!! The temptation is real!! :mad:
I am trying to grow to BSL from a past stacked bob I had. The last haircut was May 5th and the guy cut into my layers more than I wanted to. I am not a fan of layers when my hair is this length so the layers are driving me crazy and I am hating the way they look. I don't mind layers on me when my hair is much longer. My layers tend to flip out a lot. I hate wearing my hair up so it's mostly down. These layers are tempting me to chop away to make my hair one length. As you can see from the pic that means I would have to cut to a chin bob. I really don't want to wait forever to get to BSL so I'm trying not to be bothered by these layers. But as I said...the temptation is real!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23379&d=1465564029

Edit: Ok I figured out how to get my pic here. :)
Stay strong! Putting it up really is the best way to ignore it, but I get you about not liking it like that. You need to weigh how you will feel if you do cut, against getting to your goal faster. I think the layers look good on you, but if you are on this thread, I'm guessing you want us to talk you out of it.

Blissful337
June 10th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Yes. I definitely want you to talk me out of it!!! Lol. I really want to stay in this challenge and get through it. I know I will be so glad I lasted if I can make it. Without LHC I know I would chop my hair away like I always do when I get frustrated with it. I really really really want to make it to BSL as fast as I can. :)

nakima
June 11th, 2016, 01:09 PM
The days in months are so confusing! Lol :p

30 days has September,April,June and November ha! The silly rhymes we remember from childhood :)

lapushka
June 11th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I've decided. I'm not going to enter. I am on my own 4/5 monthly trimming schedule for keeping my classic length, and so... I'll pass. I just had it trimmed today as well.

Good luck to those who are entering! :D

cailinbee
June 11th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I'm undecided as to whether I should do a prep-trim later this month or not. My last trim was March 1, and my last S&D was late May. My ends aren't really split, but they have that weird, frazzled, bent look, like when you hold them up, the hairs are straight except right at the end, some of them hook, or bend, or kink funny. Is that damage I should consider cutting off before starting a longer trim hiatus like this?

lapushka
June 11th, 2016, 02:31 PM
I'm undecided as to whether I should do a prep-trim later this month or not. My last trim was March 1, and my last S&D was late May. My ends aren't really split, but they have that weird, frazzled, bent look, like when you hold them up, the hairs are straight except right at the end, some of them hook, or bend, or kink funny. Is that damage I should consider cutting off before starting a longer trim hiatus like this?

If it's not split or a white dot, it's not damage. Chances are it's from an updo or from laying on it funny or from having it in some style. If you wash it, it will most likely lay differently or be gone.

cailinbee
June 11th, 2016, 04:02 PM
If it's not split or a white dot, it's not damage. Chances are it's from an updo or from laying on it funny or from having it in some style. If you wash it, it will most likely lay differently or be gone.

Good to know, thank you! Now I'm wondering what on earth I'm doing that puts little crimps in the ends of my hair :confused: I have some sleuthing to do...

Garnetgem
June 11th, 2016, 04:06 PM
I will most likely be in on this i am not one for trimming that much anyway...all year i have been S&D only and have gained length and another 6 months of this wont be hard for me to do..

Lanalavallama
June 13th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Yes. I definitely want you to talk me out of it!!! Lol. I really want to stay in this challenge and get through it. I know I will be so glad I lasted if I can make it. Without LHC I know I would chop my hair away like I always do when I get frustrated with it. I really really really want to make it to BSL as fast as I can. :)

Blissful, your hair in your signature is gorgeous!

PeacenQuietGal
June 13th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I'm down for the cause! Hello all - I am back from a long absence. I just have finished growing out my gray (from WL henna) and still have a short pixie, but I am pining for long silver hair.. It sure will be a PITA getting through the awkward stages though X)

So nice to be back :) I see some familiar names too - hope you all are having a lovely day!

nakima
June 13th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I've decided. I'm not going to enter. I am on my own 4/5 monthly trimming schedule for keeping my classic length, and so... I'll pass. I just had it trimmed today as well.

Good luck to those who are entering! :D

Totally understand Lapushka. I plan on doing the same when I finally reach classic :)

nakima
June 13th, 2016, 01:45 PM

Please don't cut your hair,it is going to look really good in a few months with the layers that are there. you have such nice healthy pretty hair. Cant wait to see it in December after no trims :) Hang in there you can do it! Good luck!

kuroi
June 13th, 2016, 01:54 PM
I'm actually interested in trying this out for my longest layer. I've been microtrimming monthly the past 3 years and it's in good condition right now. I mostly neglected my shorter layers so those still have more splits then I can s&d so I want to microtrim those the next few months. I guess it doesn't really count as a true no trimming challenge but let's say it's an interesting experiment to see how often I actually need to trim. I might not be able to not get scissor happy for 6months but let's see if I can at least stretch it a few months.

cailinbee
June 13th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I went ahead and did a pre-emptive trim of all the frizzle-frazzle ends. Took off about 3/4" average. Not because of the weird ends that lapushka explained were harmless (thank you!) -- the unevenness and general dryness was just not a very purposeful look. I think I even had a bizarre too-short patch in the back! Yikes! I did sort of a mini version of Feye's method and cut off the taper. Now my hemline looks blunt again and I can live with it for six months! Whew!

coffeebooknook
June 13th, 2016, 06:38 PM
I need to join. I last trimmed in April, so I am good for a long time. Let's do this, and no second guessing, self! :)

irishsapphire
June 13th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Oh I want to play :D

I just had a tiny trim today, and was already planning on it being my last until my hair hit waist or longer (currently about 1/2" from when I'm calling BSL). That should put me right around December for a trim anyway, so now we'll just put it off until January :D

Elyse
June 13th, 2016, 07:05 PM
I just got a trim last week. My dear husband that I love thinks I'll get chop happy sooner than later, so I'd love to get in on this for some motivation!

Lanalavallama
June 14th, 2016, 09:56 AM
I'm currently deep conditioning with castor oil, the better care I take of my ends, the better they'll hold up with no trims.
I'm so excited to do this:D

Elfa
June 14th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I'm in! This year was a big chops year, at least in the first months, so I'm willing to recover some of my length before taking my scissors again to remove the last layers. I think this 6 months challenge will be perfect for that! I'm curious to see how will be my progress and everyone's by the end of the year :p

Agnieszka
June 15th, 2016, 01:26 PM
I'm looking forward to see your progress in 6 months Elfa!!!!

Andthetalltrees
June 15th, 2016, 04:19 PM
I last cut my hair the first of April, It's still unfortunately uneven but somehow isn't as noticeable now thankfully. I predict by the end of the year I'll be more or less shoulder so I'll regroup then for when and if I want to trim it back more even or just let it go.

MoniLein
June 16th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I cut my hair about a month ago. My original plan was to trimm it in December (if needed), but right now I want to see results (I only really startet growing my hair this year february), so I'd like to join you.

princesssaffron
June 16th, 2016, 04:51 PM
everyone should take before photos so at the end of this challenge we can compare our growth!

Decoy24601
June 16th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Ooh, I should join this thread. I just trimmed maybe 1/4-1/2 of an inch off last night to even out my ends a bit and cut off some damage (along with a S&D mission). I'll be taking a length shot later so I can compare it with the result when I'm done with this challenge.

TatsuOni
June 17th, 2016, 01:05 AM
everyone should take before photos so at the end of this challenge we can compare our growth!

I think so too:) I'm planning on taking a photo and measuring my hair at the end of the month and then again when the challenge ends:)

Decoy24601
June 17th, 2016, 01:07 AM
Question, does S&D count as trimming? I'm fine going without microtrimming or anything, but being able to S&D with this challenge would be nice.

TatsuOni
June 17th, 2016, 01:14 AM
Question, does S&D count as trimming? I'm fine going without microtrimming or anything, but being able to S&D with this challenge would be nice.

If you read the rules in the first post you will see that you can S&D:)

You can S&D

Decoy24601
June 17th, 2016, 01:33 AM
If you read the rules in the first post you will see that you can S&D:)

You can S&D

Oops, sorry, I don't know how I missed that. Thank you.

Garnetgem
June 17th, 2016, 05:52 AM
I have continued to S&D throughout this challenge...it helps keep splits at bay but without the trimming!

Blissful337
June 17th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Blissful, your hair in your signature is gorgeous!

Thank you!! I can't wait to see what it looks like once it gets long!! My hair has been loving sulfate free shampoos and cone free conditioners. And it also loves weekly coconut oil treatments. I think finding this new routine will help me grow my hair once and for all. I usually chop it off due to dry, crunchy and brittle feeling hair. No more heat tools is really helping me too!!

ephemeri
June 20th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I was really tempted to trim my hair last week because my ends were feeling really 'crunchy' and dry. I couldn't believe how crunchy they were and I was worried my hair was suddenly having a lot of damage... turns out I was just due for a shampoo! After that they felt soft and healthy and I stopped panicking. :D No trimming needed!

(I think clarifying to make your ends soft again is, like, common knowledge around here but I didn't realize it until it happened to me :applause )

polarnatt
June 20th, 2016, 12:58 PM
I'm joining this challenge! I've had my hair cut in last September, and I feel like a trim would be in place, but noo way I need to stay strong and keep going since there is no damage at all, just some dryish ends here and there.

I will probably be doing something to my bangs since I am growing them out and I suspect they need to be shaped by the end of the year.

Coconut oil will be my best buddy during the rest of the year, since it has proven itself as a trustworthy saver for my dryer ends :) Does anyone have good oil suggestions? Olive oil feels nice and works pretty well but the smell of food that it has (lol) is putting me off using it. Feels like I'm having a greek salad in my head. I haven't tried rapeseed oil, which would be super affordable, has anyone had good experiences with it?

Manuela L88
June 21st, 2016, 10:10 AM
I'm in!!
the last time I 've cut it July 2014 I think.
Now I doubt but i don't want it, I guess. hopefully this helps me to stay with that choice.

Succes all.:o

MoniLein
June 23rd, 2016, 01:42 PM

I am just taking princesssaffron's idea from a few posts ago and post a picture of my starting point (please ignore the waves, they are only there because I wore my hair in braids today).

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y370/istris83/Frisuren/20160623_zpsjn3c8mln.jpg (http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/istris83/media/Frisuren/20160623_zpsjn3c8mln.jpg.html)

Can't wait for december - since this is my first try to grow my hair long, I have no idea how much longer it will be at the end of this challange :)

butterflybutton
June 23rd, 2016, 03:22 PM
I'm in! I was trying for the whole year, but I caved and trimmed 1/4" off my racers yesterday.

So no more trimming for me for the year!

Garnet66
June 23rd, 2016, 04:44 PM
I'm going to give it a try. I just had a trim last month. So, I have no intentions of cutting anytime soon.

w0nderland
June 24th, 2016, 04:26 AM
I am just taking princesssaffron's idea from a few posts ago and post a picture of my starting point (please ignore the waves, they are only there because I wore my hair in braids today).

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y370/istris83/Frisuren/20160623_zpsjn3c8mln.jpg (http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/istris83/media/Frisuren/20160623_zpsjn3c8mln.jpg.html)

Can't wait for december - since this is my first try to grow my hair long, I have no idea how much longer it will be at the end of this challange :)

Ah your hair is so long to start with!
I took a picture on the 2nd of June so I'm hoping to do the same!

My ends have been so dry it's taking all of my will power to not cut them off :(

Blissful337
June 24th, 2016, 06:26 AM

Great idea!
Here is my starting point..
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23678&d=1466729557

morrigan*
June 24th, 2016, 06:57 AM
I want to try that, i didn't trimmed from Decembre '15 or January '16 and would like to try not trimming it until news year.

ephemeri
June 24th, 2016, 07:36 AM
Even though this challenge doesn't technically start until June 30, I've been not-trimming since April. I didn't really start wearing my hair up at all until about last week and I have to say, keeping my hair up makes it a LOT easier to not want to trim. I can't wait to be able to do more updos when it gets longer!

kinnyuu
June 24th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I'm in :) Going for my last trim on Monday July 27!

Blissful337
June 24th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Even though this challenge doesn't technically start until June 30, I've been not-trimming since April. I didn't really start wearing my hair up at all until about last week and I have to say, keeping my hair up makes it a LOT easier to not want to trim. I can't wait to be able to do more updos when it gets longer!

What sort of updos do you do? I'm looking for some updo suggestions to help me get through an awkward phase of growing out short layers. Not sure if there's many updos I can even do with these layers.

xbanannax
June 24th, 2016, 10:37 AM
I've been ignoring my hair for several months now trying to maintain a "no cut 2016". However, I recently started getting the cutting itches. What a perfect challenge! TBL will be mine. I'm in!

lapushka
June 24th, 2016, 01:34 PM
I'm in :) Going for my last trim on Monday July 27!

Welcome to LHC! :)

tigress86
June 24th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I just microtrimmed and feel super ready for this challenge!!!

morrigan*
June 24th, 2016, 02:24 PM
I'm considering a really small microtrim before start, i will decide this week.

ephemeri
June 24th, 2016, 06:07 PM
What sort of updos do you do? I'm looking for some updo suggestions to help me get through an awkward phase of growing out short layers. Not sure if there's many updos I can even do with these layers.

It is really hard with hair in the awkward length stages! My hair is a little longer than yours so it's getting easier but I've been looking at/attempting crown braids (for the front, going to the side) and things like the Gibson Roll/Tuck (I still am not sure of the difference between the two). I can do a small cinnamon bun at the nape using bobby pins so that was exciting to discover. :D

brookse
June 25th, 2016, 06:02 AM
After taking off half an inch a week and a half ago, I think I shall be joining you all! I'm hoping (fingers crossed) to make it to APL by the end of the year - this last trim was more to prevent splits than to treat them, and with how often I've been wearing my hair up, I think I could very well manage going 6 months without a trim... I'll try anyway!

Zindell
June 26th, 2016, 04:02 AM
I am so in!

I have been growing my bangs out, and finally they touch my shoulders. Today, I trimmed my hair back from BSL'ish, to a one length long bob, without any layers. Quite short yes, but I feel very content! :o

From now on, I only need to grow my hair until I find a length I'm satisfied with. Six months without trimming will be the perfect start.
I trim my own hair (Feye's Hair Trimming). Sorry for bad light in pic.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Zizywa/6.%20Fixad_zps4qeq9jzc.png

lapushka
June 26th, 2016, 04:05 AM
You did great with trimming it, Zindell! :)

Great starting points, everyone!

Zindell
June 26th, 2016, 04:10 AM
Thank you! It will be fun to follow the progress of everybody until january. :D

saaraelisabeth
June 26th, 2016, 04:57 AM
I'm in, perfect challenge for me because I decided to grow my hair long again at the beginning of June! I obviously want to keep my hair healthy, not just grow it. I've changed my hair care routine a LOT and it has made my hair so much better, I'm hoping not to get split ends as much as before from now on.

Decoy24601
June 26th, 2016, 05:28 PM
This is the starting point reference picture I'm using for the challenge. I did a trim a couple weeks ago, so I'll be doing June 30th-January 30th for the challenge. My hemline is uneven from layers and I had to do a massive S&D mission to cut out a year's worth of damage, strand by strand. It looks like I accidentally cut off more than I thought I did during that trim, since my hair looks like it's juuust shy of TBL now.

http://i.imgur.com/I3rMCO9.png

timeschild
June 26th, 2016, 11:28 PM
I am in... Although haven't done anything since March so for me a bit longer than six months if that's okay... Can't afford to and don't know anyone to do so for free olnor do I trust myself.

binky
June 27th, 2016, 04:59 AM
I'm in, i had my waist length hair cut into a bob in February because I wanted a change!! then decided to have layers in it 2 weeks ago, big mistake!! wished i hadn't had it cut in the first place, so it will be good to see what growth i will get in 6 months. I'taking sea kelp for growth and using coconut oil the night before a wash, so I hope i'll be at waist length again soon x

lapushka
June 27th, 2016, 07:40 AM
I'm in, i had my waist length hair cut into a bob in February because I wanted a change!! then decided to have layers in it 2 weeks ago, big mistake!! wished i hadn't had it cut in the first place, so it will be good to see what growth i will get in 6 months. I'taking sea kelp for growth and using coconut oil the night before a wash, so I hope i'll be at waist length again soon x

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :)

binky
June 27th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Thank you Lapushka 😊 x

cailinbee
June 27th, 2016, 03:36 PM
I am so in!

I have been growing my bangs out, and finally they touch my shoulders. Today, I trimmed my hair back from BSL'ish, to a one length long bob, without any layers. Quite short yes, but I feel very content! :o

From now on, I only need to grow my hair until I find a length I'm satisfied with. Six months without trimming will be the perfect start.
I trim my own hair (Feye's Hair Trimming). Sorry for bad light in pic.

Your trimming is gorgeous, great job!! At BSL did you find Feye's method to work pretty easily for you?

This is my starting picture. I did a pseudo-Feye's method trim mid-month and am happy that it shored up the gross ends a little bit:

http://i66.tinypic.com/300znf4.jpg

Is there a name for this horrible between-shoulder-and-APL length?!?! I wish there was, it's so boring being in the no-man's-land of hair length!

Zindell
June 28th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Your trimming is gorgeous, great job!! At BSL did you find Feye's method to work pretty easily for you?

Thank you! :o
Yes, from APL and longer I found Feye's method really easy. It was a bit harder this time, when I was going all the way back to a long bob. I trimmed it one day and ended up with a quite strong V hemline. But I didn't dare to continue... but next day I was at it again and trimmed down the V so it became more subtle. (That's the pic in my post).

Seems you have slightly longer hair than me now. Very pretty! No idea what that length would be called, since most hair charts jump from shoulder length to apl.

kuroi
June 28th, 2016, 07:49 AM
I'm pretty sure that's collar bone lenght. I can be an awkward lenght indeed but your hair will grow.

samanthaa
June 29th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Joining! I made it six months into the "no trimming 2016" challenge (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133349&page=102&p=3256817&viewfull=1#post3256817), and in that time went from just shy of waist to nearing hip. After my trim on Saturday, I'm now about 2-2.5" inches from hip--I hope to get there by joining this challenge!

Starting picture:

http://i.imgur.com/YRp0YwR.jpg

TatsuOni
June 30th, 2016, 12:51 AM
Starting lenght - hip lenght at 80 cm.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/3_5774c110e087c31ad52fe5a2.jpg

Zebra Fish
June 30th, 2016, 02:35 AM
I'm already in the no trimming 2016 and so far so good, so I could join here aswell :)

Zindell
July 16th, 2016, 12:34 AM
I love all the pics of starting lengths. We'll have to remember to take new pics after the six months! :D

florenonite
July 16th, 2016, 12:53 AM
It's after July 1st, but can I still join if I haven't cut since before then? I habitually trim/cut annually, and got my hip-length hair shorn to shoulder length last September, so I'm hoping this challenge will keep me from succumbing to my yearly urge to layer.

Lanalavallama
July 16th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Argh. I am battling with hard water right now. I am Water only and my hair is rebelling. Thank goodness we can s&d on this challenge. I hope everyone is having a better time than I am.

lapushka
July 16th, 2016, 03:02 AM
It's after July 1st, but can I still join if I haven't cut since before then? I habitually trim/cut annually, and got my hip-length hair shorn to shoulder length last September, so I'm hoping this challenge will keep me from succumbing to my yearly urge to layer.

It's up to the OP, of course, but I don't think that should be a problem, only if you haven't trimmed later than June 31st, I think. If I understood the rules correctly.

Sparklylady82
July 16th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Ooooh I'm gonna join in! I planned on trimming mid November because that would be 6 months for me but I could waist another 1 1/2 months to be able to complete the challenge :)

Forever
July 16th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Hi, I would like to join, too. My latest cut was in june, and I started july with 86.5 cm, which is betwenn waist and hip on me.
The rest of the year will remain scissors-free. I hope to gain 10cm in the process. :cool: That's an ambitious goal, last year I gained only 8,5 cm in the second half of the year.
Lets grow! :rockerdud

HairPlease
July 16th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Hi, I would like to join, too. My latest cut was in june, and I started july with 86.5 cm, which is betwenn waist and hip on me.
The rest of the year will remain scissors-free. I hope to gain 10cm in the process. :cool: That's an ambitious goal, last year I gained only 8,5 cm in the second half of the year.
Lets grow! :rockerdud

I trimmed somewhere in early June, so I'm eligible! 10cm is completely possible, I've done it, so you can, I'm sure. Let's see how this turns out. :D

Pamberpestana
July 16th, 2016, 09:19 PM
I'm in!! I trimmed twice in June to get some extra dead ends off so now that all of my hair is healthier than its ever been, im up for a challenge!!

turtlelover
July 16th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I am still in! I last trimmed in May, but I think I can do it. I've NEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE gone that long w/out trimming!

Crystawni
July 17th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Count me in, too. I last trimmed on June 27th after around 4 months of scissor-freeness, and would like to give my hair a tad longer break from the snip zone to get me to my longest ever hair length. My waist+ hemline was 80cm post-snip to start this challenge, although the pic is more recent with hair at 80.5cm. Onwards and downwards!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23921&d=1468656411

Thraven
July 17th, 2016, 04:42 PM
I'm in for the rest of the year! Last time I trimmed was August 2015, so it's been a while, but with how short my hair is now, I'm not having any problems with my ends misbehaving. Also, slightly less awkward to join this thread, which only started a month ago, versus the no trimming in 2016, which started 7 months ago! :o

draysmir
July 18th, 2016, 01:05 AM
If it's not too late to join, I'm in too! I haven't trimmed since the beginning of April, and I was hoping to go without trimming until the end of the year, so this thread would be perfect for me! I'm excited to see how long my hair and everyone else's hair is going to grow by the end of the year :) I'm hoping to be close to waist length by the end of the year, where is everyone else aiming to be at by the end of the year? :bounce: :o

HairPlease
July 18th, 2016, 10:37 AM
If it's not too late to join, I'm in too! I haven't trimmed since the beginning of April, and I was hoping to go without trimming until the end of the year, so this thread would be perfect for me! I'm excited to see how long my hair and everyone else's hair is going to grow by the end of the year :) I'm hoping to be close to waist length by the end of the year, where is everyone else aiming to be at by the end of the year? :bounce: :o

Woohoo. :D
I hope to be a bit below waist by January, or at least solid, dry waist with shrinkage and all.

Forever
July 18th, 2016, 10:46 AM
I am between waist and (closer to) hip and hope to be between hip and (closer to) tailbone by the end of the project.

Stepo_NiNha
July 18th, 2016, 11:19 AM
May I join? My last trim was on 23rd June.

I usually trim my hair every 3 months 1/2 inch to be sure that I don't get those awful splits that make my hair stuck on the same length but I'll try to do my best so that my ends will be protected and won't split as much as usual.

I never s&d because my ends get to thin with s&ding so I'm planning to stay away from scissors until 31st December :D

Would be that possible for my fragile hair with some old damage? Let's try! :)

draysmir
July 18th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Woohoo. :D
I hope to be a bit below waist by January, or at least solid, dry waist with shrinkage and all.

By looking at your picture, I think you'll definitely be there by the end of the year! You look almost there already :)

Thraven
July 18th, 2016, 07:24 PM
I'm hoping to be close to waist length by the end of the year, where is everyone else aiming to be at by the end of the year? :bounce: :o

Hopefully :pray: I'll be at APL by the end of the year, but anything even near there would be great! Pretty soon it'll be long enough that it can go up full time, and that will definitely help.

HairPlease
July 18th, 2016, 07:47 PM
By looking at your picture, I think you'll definitely be there by the end of the year! You look almost there already :)

I sure hope so! I've measured, it's around 4" until waist, and judging by my typical growth rates, it should, maybe, hopefully reach by January. :)

w0nderland
July 19th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Right now my shorter side bits are just past shoulder, whereas the longest sections are probably about 2 inches away from APL, hoping to have solid APL (or at least half) by the end of this challenge!

draysmir
July 24th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Hopefully :pray: I'll be at APL by the end of the year, but anything even near there would be great! Pretty soon it'll be long enough that it can go up full time, and that will definitely help.

I'm sure you'll make it to APL by the end of the year, especially since you won't be trimming it! :) It always feels like your hair grows really fast when you have it up all the time, then wear it down properly for one day :)

draysmir
July 24th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Right now my shorter side bits are just past shoulder, whereas the longest sections are probably about 2 inches away from APL, hoping to have solid APL (or at least half) by the end of this challenge!

If the longest sections are only a couple inches from APL, then those sections will definitely be there before January, considering you still have over 5 months to grow that! :D Are you trying to grow out your shorter side bits to be the same length as the rest of your hair or do you like them shorter? My hair was also shorter at the sides when I was at your length, I just considered the longest sections my length though :)

Decoy24601
July 25th, 2016, 12:00 AM
If my hair goes past classic by January (which is looking very likely), it's going to be very tempting to trim my hair to even up the ends a bit. I'll try not to give in.

w0nderland
July 27th, 2016, 04:25 AM
If the longest sections are only a couple inches from APL, then those sections will definitely be there before January, considering you still have over 5 months to grow that! :D Are you trying to grow out your shorter side bits to be the same length as the rest of your hair or do you like them shorter? My hair was also shorter at the sides when I was at your length, I just considered the longest sections my length though :)

I'm hoping to maybe minimize how deep my v/u hemline looks (most of which is probably emphasized by how short my hair is, but I definitely consider my longest bits the length, gives me a little pick me up when it gets closer ;)

ETA: I can finally tuck all my ends into a LWB! I used to have to pin them with bobby pins where it wasn't long enough

Stepo_NiNha
July 27th, 2016, 05:45 AM
If my hair goes past classic by January (which is looking very likely), it's going to be very tempting to trim my hair to even up the ends a bit. I'll try not to give in.

Me either! My right side grows much faster than the left side. I'll have uneven growth that I won't to look at :run:

HairPlease
July 27th, 2016, 08:32 AM
Me either! My right side grows much faster than the left side. I'll have uneven growth that I won't to look at :run:

Yours too huh? My left side always races past my right. Funny.

Stepo_NiNha
July 27th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Yours too huh? My left side always races past my right. Funny.

Yeah unfortunately one side grows way faster than the other, but I plan to trim on 1s January the uneven growth (just a bit - 2 cm). I hope I'll keep a solid hip by that time!

HairPlease
July 27th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Yeah unfortunately one side grows way faster than the other, but I plan to trim on 1s January the uneven growth (just a bit - 2 cm). I hope I'll keep a solid hip by that time!

:(
I'm definitely making a significant trim happen as soon as January hits. My hair only takes two months of no trimming to look significantly cattywampus. lol

vampyyri
July 27th, 2016, 08:42 AM
I have no idea where my hair is going to end up by January, but I grow .75" a month (so 4.5" more growth). I probably should check and see where that is going to land... maybe between BCL and TBL?

But so far so good, I've been practicing benign neglect since December, and I'm pretty sure I can last until next year. Idk I just kind of ignore my hair :lol:

HairPlease
July 27th, 2016, 08:44 AM
You're lucky you can do that. I can't anymore - if I ignore mine it barks at me. It actually bit me once.

vampyyri
July 27th, 2016, 08:48 AM
You're lucky you can do that. I can't anymore - if I ignore mine it barks at me. It actually bit me once.

LOL I'd pay to see that one! :rollin:

TatsuOni
July 27th, 2016, 08:55 AM
I have no idea how long it will be in January but the longer the better:) I'm doing S&D, so a regular trim (1 cm) should be enough by then:)

Elfa
July 28th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Just remembered I still didn't put my beginning photo, so here it is!
If my previsions are right, it should be between APL and BSL on January :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24070&d=1469450904

Stepo_NiNha
July 29th, 2016, 07:01 AM
Just remembered I still didn't put my beginning photo, so here it is!
If my previsions are right, it should be between APL and BSL on January :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24070&d=1469450904

Oi Elfa boa sorte!

Good luck :blossom:

Elfa
July 29th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Oi Elfa boa sorte!

Good luck :blossom:

Obrigada!

Lavendersugar
August 26th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I'm getting antsy!!! My let my stylist add movement to my ends (she cuts into the ends) on the last trim and now my ends look odd to me. Thinish. Hubby says I'm crazy but come on he's a guy with a shaved head.
I no longer want to see a stylist. I can take of the front long bangs and I have my mom or hubby for microtrims. Itching to let hubby do a micro trim.

Talk me down!!

lapushka
August 26th, 2016, 12:53 PM
I'm getting antsy!!! My let my stylist add movement to my ends (she cuts into the ends) on the last trim and now my ends look odd to me. Thinish. Hubby says I'm crazy but come on he's a guy with a shaved head.
I no longer want to see a stylist. I can take of the front long bangs and I have my mom or hubby for microtrims. Itching to let hubby do a micro trim.

Talk me down!!

Maybe consider the 2-week rule. If you still feel like this in 2 weeks: go ahead with your trim. If not, then phew.

Elfa
August 26th, 2016, 01:53 PM

Talk me down!!

Maybe consider the 2-week rule. If you still feel like this in 2 weeks: go ahead with your trim. If not, then phew.

I'm with lapushka, she talked me out of cutting my hair with the 2 week rule.
Along with that, check your progress photos if you have some. You might feel less tempted to cut if you think that you will loose some of your growth :)

Alissalocks
August 27th, 2016, 11:29 AM
I'm motivated by this thread, and I like it. I've been trimming every 3-4 months for the past year or more, but since landing on LHC this week I'm rethinking my habits.

Had my last trim mid June. I figured I'd schedule a trim for my ends in September. But if I commit myself to the idea of waiting until January and have some group support, it could be fun! Also, I've always hated my fairy tale ends. (I actually hadn't heard that term til landing here also.) Now, I'm going to try to embrace them, stay healthy with S&D, and let them be.

Until January! If I want a stronger hemline I can work towards that goal next, but for now I like the idea of growing for growing's sake. And I'm going to try some new wash methods too, so just letting it grow might give me better, more correct growth feedback now that I'm paying far more attention to it than times past.

Salwety
August 27th, 2016, 10:03 PM
I am still here , even without micro trimming. It is a long journey till January , but may be then my hair will be BSL stretched.

TatsuOni
August 28th, 2016, 03:04 AM
I've been doing a lot of S&D lately and I think that my hair is in even better condition than when this challenge started and even then it was in good condition:) So not trimming until January is no problem for me.

Lize
August 28th, 2016, 03:54 AM
I am joining in maybe a bit late, but better late than never. :) This challenge is perfect since I had my last cut/trim in the end of June. That means I can't join the "No trims in -16"-tread. My trim was before I decided to start growing my hair again so I had a small trim of the length and cut the layers shorter. Now I am growing out the whole lot. I am at APL with layers as short as chin length. Last time I grew out my hair I trimmed a lot delaying length progress because I wanted blunt ends. This time I will prioritize length until I get to TBL and start maintaining there. This means I will have to put up with some serious taper because of my layers, but I really want length progress so this is what's going to happen. :) I will join the no trimming challenges along the way on the way to tailbone. :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
August 28th, 2016, 06:34 AM
Hi, I'm in. Last cut was 4th June

Snowlily
August 28th, 2016, 08:54 AM
yay - I can join this one - this post came at the right time as I was getting the urge to cut. My last cut was on the 19th May ... back away from the hairdressers....

Lavendersugar
August 28th, 2016, 11:48 AM

I'm with lapushka, she talked me out of cutting my hair with the 2 week rule.
Along with that, check your progress photos if you have some. You might feel less tempted to cut if you think that you will loose some of your growth :)

Thank you! Two wel rule it is!

Silverbrumby
August 28th, 2016, 12:13 PM

Im at 10 months without a trim and it's been great because finally, finally! I can feel the ends of my hair on my upper waist when i wash it. Something I've never experienced before and it's awesome.

Sure i have massively fairy-tale ends but I'm all about seeing how long i can grow at the moment.

The uge to trim is fading away. Thanks to everyone for being a part of these threads. I never would have tried this if it hadn't been for LHC.

Lanalavallama
August 29th, 2016, 05:50 AM
I'm bowing out; I got rid of the colour damaged bits, and now need to get it shaped.

It was fun while it lasted..

Kat-Rinnč Naido
August 29th, 2016, 08:44 AM
I'm doing an S&D tomorrow. Please join in if you like. This could avoid a battle of wills later.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
August 29th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Lanalavallama, congratulations on growing out your damaged ends. Please stay on. Christmas is around the corner, then you can shape

Lanalavallama
August 31st, 2016, 02:18 PM
Lanalavallama, congratulations on growing out your damaged ends. Please stay on. Christmas is around the corner, then you can shape

Thank you for the encouragement. I had already snipped off all my ends, and now need to shape it because I hacked off my ends in the ugliest way. I will shape up and then leave the scissors alone, though...

(btw, I love seeing a fellow SAfrican on here :D )

Forever
August 31st, 2016, 02:42 PM
So we have finished the first third of this challenge - piece of cake I say.
Lets rock it! :rockerdud

irishsapphire
August 31st, 2016, 06:55 PM
Made it two months! Hair looks good but I'm thinking I might be S&D'ing tonight... First time since a trim at beginning of June that I need to.

January definitely is going to need some re-shaping. I was hoping it would be long enough to take my layers out but leave most of the length. Now I'm thinking I'll wait until Next January (2018) before cutting layers out.... Unless the hairs decide to suddenly grow.....

Crystawni
August 31st, 2016, 08:45 PM
I'm still plodding along, too, with just a snip of about a centimetre off my fringe about a week ago. My ends still feel soft like the rest of my hair, and my length is sneaking past hip so will be fairly close to BCL at the end of this challenge.

202_bh_rider
August 31st, 2016, 09:12 PM
I know I haven't actually written on this thread like, ever, but I haven't cut any length off since June 30th! did my first S&D since then tonight, and only found damage at the front sections closest to my face, so that's good. I'll be in need of a good trim by the end of these 6 months are up. stay strong guys, I'm in this with ya!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 1st, 2016, 01:48 AM
(btw, I love seeing a fellow SAfrican on here :D )

Sending you lots of sunshine from the "Banana Province"
Which part of South Africa are you from?

Congratulations everyone
Yay 4 months to go

w0nderland
September 1st, 2016, 06:57 AM
I have not been doing S&D because I can get very scissor happy and will end up chopping off an inch all round instead of individual splits but I can feel some bits of my hair getting super course. But when my hair was wet I did the towel test and my tips are just over! I think i should only be an inch or so when dry.

Resisting the urge to take of my horrible ends will wait until january to even out my hemline

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 1st, 2016, 12:43 PM
I have not been doing S&D because I can get very scissor happy and will end up chopping off an inch all round instead of individual splits but I can feel some bits of my hair getting super course. But when my hair was wet I did the towel test and my tips are just over! I think i should only be an inch or so when dry.

Resisting the urge to take of my horrible ends will wait until january to even out my hemline

It is good to know your triggers. So hang in there

Lavendersugar
September 7th, 2016, 11:49 AM
I'm more about healthy hair and the overall look. I know the length will come in time. I'm not one for big cuts. I don't even like 2 inch cuts so I take good care of my hair and watch the ends.

My two weeks is almost up. I'm pretty sure I will cave and let hubby do a micro trim. I'd rather do that than have an extra 1/4" of ends that are dry and can cause split ends. If I do I'll update.

Forever
September 7th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Have you already tried pampering your ends with oil or skin cream or whatever? If dry ends are the problem, cutting is a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water, me thinks.

morrigan*
September 7th, 2016, 01:58 PM
I'm still going strong, i actually started in January 2016. I could use some S&D but i don't have time when the light is best :)

Garnetgem
September 7th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I am still holding on and the more time that passes the less bothered i am about trimming...i may carry on in 2017 who knows :)

Stepo_NiNha
September 7th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Still strong after 2 months. However, Im not sure yet whether I can keep not trimming for much longer or if I should break the rule and trim after 4 or 5 months. Once I got 5 months without trimming and ended with aweful white dots and splits (though I've used blunt scissors). Last trim was done with sharped scissors on healthier hair either, so maybe I can do it! Fingers crossed..

Stepo_NiNha
September 7th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I'm still going strong, i actually started in January 2016. I could use some S&D but i don't have time when the light is best :)

Have you been completely scissor free since January? (No S&D and no layers)

ephemeri
September 7th, 2016, 05:29 PM
It's starting to get a little difficult, the urge to trim is definitely getting stronger as time goes on. But I have seen a good amount of growth and will just keep reminding myself that it's all worth it in the end. Luckily, though my ends feel a bit crunchy and dry at times, they don't appear to be splitting.

Here's a little cheer to encourage everyone to keep going: :cheer:

morrigan*
September 7th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Have you been completely scissor free since January? (No S&D and no layers)

I did snip few split ends occasionally, i think about twice or thrice. I don't count S&D in trimming unless is so extensive that you can see change in your length. I don't have layers and a few snips really doesn't change my hair length.

Silverbrumby
September 8th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Hanging in there after 8 months. Ends are a bit ragged. I have the strange urge to never cut again. I have a short terminal so maybe i will just s and d it.

Decoy24601
September 8th, 2016, 12:28 AM
After a couple urges to trim my hair, I'm recommitting myself to this challenge. Don't worry, I never actually trimmed. I really want to reach classic by 2017 :).

Stepo_NiNha
September 8th, 2016, 04:11 AM
I did snip few split ends occasionally, i think about twice or thrice. I don't count S&D in trimming unless is so extensive that you can see change in your length. I don't have layers and a few snips really doesn't change my hair length.

Wow I wish I could! :)

Complexity
September 8th, 2016, 03:24 PM
I may as well join. I've not trimmed since around Xmas last year and don't see it happening any time soon either.

Crystawni
September 8th, 2016, 11:28 PM
I'm more about healthy hair and the overall look. I know the length will come in time. I'm not one for big cuts. I don't even like 2 inch cuts so I take good care of my hair and watch the ends.

My two weeks is almost up. I'm pretty sure I will cave and let hubby do a micro trim. I'd rather do that than have an extra 1/4" of ends that are dry and can cause split ends. If I do I'll update.

It's sometimes more about the journey than the destination. If you're not enjoying your hair now, it can drag your whole experience of long hair down. JMO, of course--I'm in this challenge only because it's stretching my trims by about 2 months, so nothing that could effect me too much. If my ends, or hemline shape, or thinness (including underside whites showing too much that can make it look sparse), were to annoy me, I'd happily snip (again) so I can continue to enjoy my hair at any length. It's a different kind of "health", but it's overall hair health (and aesthetic), if that makes sense.

Alissalocks
September 9th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Like others, I've had the urge to trim but haven't. I keep considering a micro trim, buying some really good scissors for it... Abut I never have time to get scissors, so for fear of creating split ends, I just keep ignoring it and trying to think of other things. Cheering for us all too! :cheer:

Lize
September 10th, 2016, 01:20 AM
Like others, I've had the urge to trim but haven't. I keep considering a micro trim, buying some really good scissors for it... Abut I never have time to get scissors, so for fear of creating split ends, I just keep ignoring it and trying to think of other things. Cheering for us all too! :cheer:

You could always S&D. Get a pair of sharp scissors and sit somewhere where there is good light. Search your hair for split ends and white dots. If you find any you only snip off the individual split. This way you can keep splits at bay and still stay in the challenge. :) I does require some patience if you have many split ends.

Alissalocks
September 10th, 2016, 10:11 AM
You could always S&D. Get a pair of sharp scissors and sit somewhere where there is good light. Search your hair for split ends and white dots. If you find any you only snip off the individual split. This way you can keep splits at bay and still stay in the challenge. :) I does require some patience if you have many split ends.
Yep! I've considered S&D but overall I see very few split ends, and in the old days I used to S&D but used what I know now were bad scissors. I caused so much more damage, so for fear of that I'm resolutely ignoring it until I get the time and money to get some really nice, new hair scissors (the AE brand? Forget the whole name?) hopefully by the end of the month. Then I'll start some S&D for reals!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 10th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Yep! I've considered S&D but overall I see very few split ends, and in the old days I used to S&D but used what I know now were bad scissors. I caused so much more damage, so for fear of that I'm resolutely ignoring it until I get the time and money to get some really nice, new hair scissors (the AE brand? Forget the whole name?) hopefully by the end of the month. Then I'll start some S&D for reals!

Are you doing your regular DT.

morrigan*
September 10th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Wow I wish I could! :)

Maybe try S&D only, but hair will start fairy tailing sooner or later.

irishsapphire
September 10th, 2016, 09:44 PM
After about 4 months my ends are starting to look a bit funny - all uneven. The only time I notice? When its braided. So, no more braids in public (unless the ends are hidden in a paranda). Still really have no desire to cut or trim. Need to do an S&D, but I'm being lazy and putting that off for a bit too.

Alissalocks
September 10th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Are you doing your regular DT.
Deep conditioning Treatment? If so, then yes! I've been doing coconut oil over night once (sometimes twice) weekly, and a deep conditioning treatment in between, about midweek, 4-12 hours on those. Soft and slippery and shiny!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 11th, 2016, 07:36 AM
Deep conditioning Treatment? If so, then yes! I've been doing coconut oil over night once (sometimes twice) weekly, and a deep conditioning treatment in between, about midweek, 4-12 hours on those. Soft and slippery and shiny!

Lovely they will help with your ends and growth.

Irishsapphire that means your hair is growing. ... super nice to see you positive too

Lavendersugar
September 11th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Have you already tried pampering your ends with oil or skin cream or whatever? If dry ends are the problem, cutting is a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water, me thinks.

Oil can only hold moisture in, it will not add moisture. Dry ends can lead to split ends and I'm concerned about health than length.
I have done SMT's, LOC and a few other things. I have 2 big things against me. Horrible water and I live in a dessert climate of California ( I'm in central Cali). The drought has created an extra dry climate. My son's girlfriend had to cut off over 6 inches due to bad water and no moisture in the air. She has curly hair so already battles dryness.

It's not just dryness. It's also I let my stylist add movement to the last 2 inches along with pointy ends and now it just looks ragged to me. I prefer a straight full hem. Especially with the holidays coming up and I'll soon have to blow dry instead of air dry when the weather changes.
I've not trimmed since March so technically I've gone 6 months.
I'm ok with a micro trim at this point. I did see a few split ends. Considering I am gentle and treat my hair great I don't want to risk split ends being an issue. I've never really had them and I'm not starting now just to keep 1/4" of hair if it can help things.
I'm sure I'll need to trim more to remove the movement she added but now the tips will remove dryness that is causing splits.

Sorry guys I just couldn't go the full term. :( I started in March. Even with this trim I'll still be on track for waist by or before Christmas.
Wish you all the best of luck!!!

irishsapphire
September 11th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Lovely they will help with your ends and growth.

Irishsapphire that means your hair is growing. ... super nice to see you positive too

That makes me happy to hear! Because it definitely doesn't feel like its growing at all..... I'm hoping my hair is like me and really hates the heat of summer and hence the slow/not visible at all growth.....

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 12th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I understand. I'm due to measure next week. But am not excited about it as last month I had just 1cm growth. But I'm not stressing I am enjoying my hair just too much and I believe growth is a reward of healthy hair. From experience even unhealthy hair grows

cailinbee
October 1st, 2016, 08:06 PM
Well, I flunk! I microtrimmed today. I was sitting watching TV and looking at my ends in the screen light and was horrified. White dots, break points, split ends. The worst they've been in months, for some reason. And I really thought I would make it!

I guess having old damage (currently half my length had once upon a time been subjected to probably...7-8 rounds of dye) set me up for failure. I noticed my ends had been acting a little tacky lately but I was going to ignore it. Oops. At least I microtrimmed (only about 1/4 inch); normally I freak out and attack a full inch.

Anyone else with damaged ends find this challenge difficult?

Rowdy
October 1st, 2016, 09:17 PM
Just saw this thread! I will join, my last trim was sometime in May or June I think. So for I have really disliked having my length past BSL but I really, really want to get to waist just once so maybe this will help. I'm there stretched but I want to see it un-stretched too.

Garnetgem
October 1st, 2016, 10:33 PM
I am still holding out but oh i sometimes get the urge to trim but no i am determined to stick with it...not trimmed at all this year and hope to carry on next year too well i will certainly try not to cut those scruffy ends!

Lize
October 2nd, 2016, 02:10 AM
It's already half time for this challenge. :) How is everyone doing?

I feel no trimming urges. Gonna jump right on the "No trims in 2017 challenge" after this one. My goal is to not trim until I reach waist, which should happen sometime in 2018. After waist I will start doing some kind of regular trims to start getting rid of layers and bleach successively. At the moment I just want to gain length. I don't have a problem with splits yet. I'm a bit surprised about that actually considering my ends have to have been highlighted at least four times. I S&Ded today and found like three white dots. I think my biggest problem eventually is going to be tapered ends since I have layers.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 2nd, 2016, 02:21 AM
I'm still here and happy that I joined.

Crystawni
October 2nd, 2016, 03:48 AM
I'm pretty happy with my hair's overall shape and colour where the whites take over the hemline, and my ends are good, so there's not even a hint of temptation to trim. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 2nd, 2016, 04:24 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if I should join this thread. I know I can go three months without trimming with no problem..... is S & D allowed?

Oh, I see I can't because I did a micro trim last month....

Forever
October 2nd, 2016, 04:44 AM
It's already half time for this challenge. :) How is everyone doing?
Everything going smoothly here. :) I have just reached hip length this month and am moving towards tailbone now.
I don't bother about split ends. I WANT LENGTH! :hifive:

TatsuOni
October 2nd, 2016, 04:59 AM
I'm doing fine. Keeping up the S&D and that's enough for me:)

AZDesertRose
October 2nd, 2016, 08:01 AM
I'm doing fine, but my last trim in June was pretty significant (probably an inch to 1.5 inches), as well it needed to be as no scissors had touched my hair since February 2015 at that point. It probably helps that I wear my hair up so much that when I recently wore it in braids that hung down, a couple of my neighbors commented things to the effect of "Wow, I had no idea your hair was so long!" I also don't really S&D much, because the light in my apartment isn't good for it unless I happen to think to do it during daylight hours when I can sit by my windows and do it in sunlight.

202_bh_rider
October 2nd, 2016, 05:30 PM
anyone in here going straight from this challenge to the 2017 one? come join me, and we can all encourage eachother to keep going :)

Garnetgem
October 2nd, 2016, 09:29 PM
anyone in here going straight from this challenge to the 2017 one? come join me, and we can all encourage eachother to keep going :)

Yes i will be going straight on to the 2017 challenge..my hair has gained so much length with this one i am now wanting more length!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 2nd, 2016, 11:50 PM

Awesome I shall also be going straight onto the 2017 challenge

Crystawni
October 3rd, 2016, 01:31 AM
Are you guys talking about 12 months (per Lapushka's thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139906)) or 6 of no trimming? I think I'll be playing it by ear as to what to do next year. I've gone a year of no trimming before, but would rather max out at 6 months, if that. It just works better for my fine ends, hair shape and colour. As much as milestones are alluring--I'll be TBL by mid-late next year--hair health and happiness trumps it for me. And AZDesertRose, your post reminded me that I haven't bothered with S&D yet, so you know what I was doing this morning (not for long--I lost interest when I couldn't find much and the pool was beckoning). :whistle:

TatsuOni
October 3rd, 2016, 01:46 AM
I will trim after this challenge to even out my hemline.

morrigan*
October 3rd, 2016, 04:22 AM
I started my no trim journey just before new years.

This are photos taken on 20th March, 20th June and 22th September for seasonal hair growth thread, but i think it showa quiet a growth in half year span.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/nymphetamine000/seasonal%20growth%20-%20autumn_zpsnygktdul.png

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 3rd, 2016, 05:32 AM
I started my no trim journey just before new years.

This are photos taken on 20th March, 20th June and 22th September for seasonal hair growth thread, but i think it showa quiet a growth in half year span.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/nymphetamine000/seasonal%20growth%20-%20autumn_zpsnygktdul.png

Thank you for sharing. Lovely growth notice and stunning hair pictures

morrigan*
October 3rd, 2016, 06:02 AM
Thank you. I think i have a growth spurt between june and september. I finally see more progress as i tend to over trim when using micro trimming.

akuamoonmaui
October 10th, 2016, 05:57 PM
This will work! I tried "No cutting/trimming in 2016" but... failed.

I haven't cut since late spring.

202_bh_rider
October 10th, 2016, 07:51 PM
only 82 days of this challenge! hope everyone is seeing great progress and can stay with us :)

irishsapphire
October 11th, 2016, 03:37 PM
No real great strides in length. But I'm not cutting/trimming and barely S&Ding, so maybe by December I'll hit on something that will spark a growth spurt....

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 12th, 2016, 03:33 AM
Irishsapphire barely S&D-ing means your hair is awesomely healthy. The rewards of healthy hair is length

Stepo_NiNha
October 12th, 2016, 06:37 AM
I'm still here with no splits...I'm so Happy!

irishsapphire
October 13th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Irishsapphire barely S&D-ing means your hair is awesomely healthy. The rewards of healthy hair is length

I'm hoping so! I think I don't quite believe it because I can see all the areas where it's thinned out, but if the rest of it is healthy despite what my body and medications have done to it, I'm trying to acknowledge that and be happy and grateful!

Decoy24601
October 15th, 2016, 10:03 PM
I tried to wait a couple more months but... I couldn't. I'm out. My ends started to become way too grabby and scraggly because the last 3" or so of my hair has a very dramatic taper because of getting my ends thinned out multiple times and layers a few years ago.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Lize
October 16th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Ugh.. I suddenly have trimming urges. I have layers and today my hair just looks so flat and the ends look so thin. It's been easy until now and I haven't had any sensation that I want to trim. I think the fact that the seasons are shifting and the air is colder and drier makes my hair look a bit more flat. Maybe I just need to clarify. I have this rule for myself that if I am unhappy about my hair I will wash it before I do anything drastic because that usually makes it look better.

Don't worry though, I have signed up for the No trims in 2017 too and I don't plan to trim until at least January 2018. My original plan was no trims until waist, but I'll have to see about that. Maybe I'll start trimming after the 2017 challenge.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 17th, 2016, 02:03 AM
I'm still here and happy too. Thank you for the count down 202_bh_rider

TatsuOni
October 17th, 2016, 03:37 AM
I'm still here too:)

Stepo_NiNha
October 17th, 2016, 06:18 AM
I was in my car with sunset light and noticed a lot of splits and white dots in the last inch of my ends shudder:

I did s&d today in the morning...let's see if I can wait until these 2.5 months are over.

Baghh... last week I didn't notice any splits and now in a sudden I have this.

samanthaa
October 18th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I bought a Creaclip to use for microtrims in the new year and I'm dying to get to put it to use now. Must resist! I CAN wait.

Forever
October 19th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Did the same thing last year in a no-trimming challenge, bought it during the last months of it. I made it till the end and you will, too! :beerchug:

morrigan*
October 20th, 2016, 11:09 PM
I think I'm done. I hadn't trim since december 2015 and i started to dislike sever fairytailing. Some of my hair grows really quick and some not. So my hair started to thin at bottom. I did however gain quit a lot of length and i will only trim a cm or two for now.

butterflybutton
October 21st, 2016, 12:01 AM
I'm still going strong with no trimming, I do have a lot of thin ends still from the pixie mullet/layers, but it's now long enought to comfortably have in a bun all day and night. Next year however will be a year of micro trimming, I have three to six inches that need to come off.

But until next year I will leave it be.

Lize
October 21st, 2016, 01:07 AM
Ugh.. I suddenly have trimming urges. I have layers and today my hair just looks so flat and the ends look so thin. It's been easy until now and I haven't had any sensation that I want to trim. I think the fact that the seasons are shifting and the air is colder and drier makes my hair look a bit more flat. Maybe I just need to clarify. I have this rule for myself that if I am unhappy about my hair I will wash it before I do anything drastic because that usually makes it look better.

Don't worry though, I have signed up for the No trims in 2017 too and I don't plan to trim until at least January 2018. My original plan was no trims until waist, but I'll have to see about that. Maybe I'll start trimming after the 2017 challenge.

I have changed my routine up and instead of CO washing I am now washing with an SLS free shampoo and conditioner only from the chin down. I feel much better about my hair. It is much fluffier and fuller like this. Maybe CO washing only works to make it look good in the warmer season. I will keep washing like this for now. Actually my trimming urges are almost completely gone.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 22nd, 2016, 06:03 AM
I was in my car with sunset light and noticed a lot of splits and white dots in the last inch of my ends shudder:

I did s&d today in the morning...let's see if I can wait until these 2.5 months are over.

Baghh... last week I didn't notice any splits and now in a sudden I have this.

Hopefully you can get rid of those splits and find the culprit

Lize
November 5th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Only two months left of this challenge. :cheer: I am doing well now and the trimming urges are gone. I will stick with my original plan of going straight into the 2017 challenge with no trimming in between.

TatsuOni
November 5th, 2016, 05:17 AM
I'm doing fine:) I recently "discoverd" (read: tried them for the first time) invisibobbles and love them! At nights and while reading on the couch at home I wear a braid/braids and it's such a big difference with ib's instead of regular elastics! No dry and tangly ends! I already have to do less S&D even though I've only used them for a short amount of time:)

Alissalocks
November 5th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Still Goin strong here too! I will definitely get a professional to give it a light trim by January, but since I should be about 30" by then, I hope to take over my own trims in 2017. Heck, might even try it for myself and forego my hairdresser when January gets here, but since the thought makes me nervous (for now) it's another deterrent to cutting. So, yay!

Lize
November 5th, 2016, 08:43 AM
I'm doing fine:) I recently "discoverd" (read: tried them for the first time) invisibobbles and love them! At nights and while reading on the couch at home I wear a braid/braids and it's such a big difference with ib's instead of regular elastics! No dry and tangly ends! I already have to do less S&D even though I've only used them for a short amount of time:)

Cool. I have seen them becoming very popular lately but I haven't tried them yet. I think I will now. I think there was something similar which was popular back in the 90s if I remember correctly. :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
November 6th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Yay just a month to go
I am still here and doing great. Split ends have considerably reduced

TatsuOni
November 6th, 2016, 02:36 AM
Cool. I have seen them becoming very popular lately but I haven't tried them yet. I think I will now. I think there was something similar which was popular back in the 90s if I remember correctly. :)

I think you should:) I was super sceptic before trying them and now I love them:)

irishsapphire
November 7th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Still here, still going strong. Plan was to originally trim first of the year, but now I'm kind of in a wait and see how long I can go mood.....

butterflybutton
November 11th, 2016, 08:49 PM
I failed :/ I finally got my scissors sharpened and the white dots were bugging me. Took off about an inch, I'm still below waist stretched which is good, but I'll just be set back a few months for my goal

Crystawni
November 11th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Meh, there is no failure! :grouphug: Everything is progress, no matter which way it goes.

I've gained 2.5" since my last snip on June 27th, but had the itch to trim a few weeks ago around the 4 month mark, which is about my usual trim-break limit. My ends were getting a little grabby so I clarified which fixed that right up. :D I think I'll just make the 6 months, though, as I'm eager to trim some off the unpigmented ends of the exposed underlayer so my darker top layers can "travel down" and even up the end-zone pattern a bit.

Zindell
November 19th, 2016, 05:48 AM
I just realised it's only about a month left. I haven't measured the growth, but there's growth alright! :D

Forever
November 19th, 2016, 06:34 AM
Today midnight it will be 6 weeks exactly. :disco: