PDA

View Full Version : I changed my hair routine a few months ago......

DarkChocolate
May 20th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Since February, I started washing my hair with castille soap instead of mainstream shampoo. It might be responsible for my recent restart in hair growth. I have basically been stalled for about six years or so.

I have also started doing the inversion method for one week(seven days straight) once a month as was recommended in multiple videos on youtube. I think it helps me fall asleep as well.

I have also been brushing instead of just combing my hair using a Boar Bristle brush everyday.

I was putting aloe vera straight from the big aloe leaf that I buy from the store on my scalp and length about five days a week but only do it twice a week on wash days as I was finding there were little dried aloe pieces in my hair:) I love the moisturizing effects of aloe. When I apply it before a wash and the water runs over my hair it gels up and makes my hair slippery.

I have also been wearing my hair up everyday in a bun.

I now put coconut oil on dry hair instead of wet hair after a shower because when I put it on wet hair I would get these strange white pieces in my hair. I also saw people putting it on dry hair in youtube videos about hair care.

Lastly, I sleep with my hair loose above my head, kind of like a mermaid.

I think this new routine has made a difference in my hair as I have seen growth, it is softer and more moisturized.

pili
May 20th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Very cool!

ChloeDharma
May 20th, 2016, 11:36 AM
I'm glad you have found a routine that works for you and that you are seeing new growth :) My hair and scalp are not keen on soap even with an ACV rinse but I expect part of that is my ridiculously hard water but is great that it's working for you. I hope you continue to get great results.

lapushka
May 20th, 2016, 02:27 PM
If you're seeing growth after such a long time, and you are able to retain that growth, you must be doing something right. :) :thumbsup: