PDA

View Full Version : What's happening with my hair?

Browneyedbelle9
May 20th, 2016, 03:43 AM
Hello Lovelies!

So, my hair is currently at about mid-back approaching waist slowwwly and for some reason in about the last month my hair has been misbehaving.

I got balayage done, and then my hair was dry for about two weeks and then slowly my hair is oily, so it becomes normal again.

But, lately I wash my hair with all different types of conditioner and my hair just won't detangle. I just got a tiny, tiny trim like a micro dusting and it seems the conditioner I use to doesn't cut it anymore.

Any one have this issue where you hair just gets so knotty and your conditioner just doesn't cut it anymore? Please don't tell me to cut my hair :(

-Celeste

lapushka
May 20th, 2016, 04:25 AM
Maybe add some protein. Bleached hair normally needs a little protein. Do you perhaps have a conditioner that has a tiny amount of protein in it? Here's what to look for:
http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/01/proteins-humectants-and-conesoh-my.html

Mademoiselle
May 21st, 2016, 04:23 AM
I agree whit lapushka, when I have bleached hair protein helped a lot whit untangled and break, a question, you have fine hair?That would also explain what happens to you, bleached fine hair it entangles much more. I read that people whit many tangled hair had washed their hair with a braid, I never do but maybe it works for you.

Amethyste
May 21st, 2016, 04:35 AM
How about some Leave-in? I need that on a daily basis.

Lindenare
May 21st, 2016, 08:17 AM
Hello Lovelies!
But, lately I wash my hair with all different types of conditioner and my hair just won't detangle. I just got a tiny, tiny trim like a micro dusting and it seems the conditioner I use to doesn't cut it anymore.

It sounds like you mainly CO wash. In that case, it's possible that the tangling comes from product buildup, and you might need a clarifying wash. Also, do you normally use products with silicones or not? If not, they may help give some extra slip.

copperlites
May 21st, 2016, 08:25 AM
Ohh how exciting ... Another western Australian... I thought I was th Pe only one here in WA! I don't know what to suggest for your hair sorry but got a bit excited to see another sand groper!

browneyedsusan
May 21st, 2016, 08:42 AM
I'd clarify, and chase it with an SMT. That usually brings my hair around to my way of thinking!

--brown eyes are the nicest! ;)

cailinbee
May 21st, 2016, 09:52 AM
I was wondering about this, too! I have bleached and dyed-over-bleached ends and although the breakage has slowed to a halt (it's been over nine months since the bleach occurred) it still just feels "sticky" if I don't keep it perfectly conditioned.

DoomKitty
May 21st, 2016, 05:36 PM
Woohoo another WA girl (former Perth girl here)! Bleach will always dry your hair out, deep conditioning is your best friend when it comes to tangles. Also have a look at Curaplex/Olaplex...I had Curaplex done for the first time this week with my regular root bleach and colour and WOW it made a huge difference in how my hair felt. My hairdresser and another one couldn't stop petting my hair lol

Simsy
May 22nd, 2016, 06:25 AM
Hello to fellow West Aussies. I was wondering how many of us were on here.

Everyone has already offered some good options. Just for the conditioner angle, what conditioner are you using? I'm not sure what hair type you have but I have found that the cheaper conditioners just don't help me. The mid range and salon choices are generally more expensive for a reason. I have had success with both Tresemme and Garnier Frutis, and this is coming from a mop of hair that hates water (and neglect, and hair ties, and being loose...)

If you can find a way to pump a heap more moisture into your hair, you may find it becomes a bit more agreeable.
Good luck and happy growing.