PDA

View Full Version : What does natural grown out dark blonde look like?

Paleo
May 17th, 2016, 07:05 PM
So I'm a dark blonde; looks darker indoors but is golden outdoors. I will never forget the day my boss told me it looked like spun gold in the sun; that compliment has echoed for years. Like so many dark blondes I love and miss my lighter days, with all the sun and bleach to go with it. I'm at the beginning of a long regrowth journey though and I need to make some decisions on how I will treat my hair for the coming couple of years. I know that virgin hair will always be stronger and silkier than lightened hair. I know it'll break much less. But I worry about how I'll look. I've never seen another blonde transition from their lighter days into darker tones. It seems that every blonde invests in bottled color the moment they realize they're darkening. I have an in law that actually lied when strangers asked if the super light blonde was natural; she was horrified I think that it had gone so dark.

So...what does naturally dark blonde look like from bra strap length on down? Can you really tell that it is blonde and not a light brunette? Any advice on learning to love the color god gave you?

lithostoic
May 17th, 2016, 07:07 PM
If it's blonde it's blonde and it'll look blonde. Especially as hair gets longer and the oldest parts (the lengths) are exposed to the sun over months and years.

lunalocks
May 17th, 2016, 07:50 PM
The longer it gets, the blonder it is, if you let the sun get to it. My hair is golden and reddish in the sunlight. It actually sparkles, even though it is (now :( ) dark blond.

My silvers are coming in very sparkly, too.

Entangled
May 17th, 2016, 07:51 PM
You should check out the blonette thread. That sounds like your hair.
My hair is naturally dark blonde/light brown. My roots are much more ashier than my tips. My hair gets more golden towards the ends, but it's a very gradual fade.

pailin
May 18th, 2016, 12:01 AM
I don't often wear my hair down, but I notice my hair appears much lighter when I wear it down, and that's when people compliment the color. I also find that certain colors (ie in clothing) make a difference - some tend to make my hair appear lighter and brighter; others make it look darker.
I once complained to one of my coworkers that my hair is such a boring color, it couldn't even decide what color it was. She reacted pretty strongly - she said, 'oh no, it's a very beautiful color, it's honey!' It's really helpful to hear things like that. And actually I think my color has more depth to it than it would if it were lighter.
And if I'm unhappy with my color, wearing it down for a day or two usually changes that.

Dona
May 18th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Some people will perceive it as blonde, some as light brown. Does it matter? I think it looks beautiful, especially when it gets really long and has natural highlights and many colour differences because of the sun.

Shepherdess
May 18th, 2016, 01:18 AM
I think that dark blonde can be such a beautiful color. When my hair first transitioned from light to darker through my teens, at first I hated it. I thought my hair was dull and lifeless in color, but it slowly grew on me. My greatest inspiration for hair color was seeing Ruslana Korshunova's hair, and how gorgeous it was. After seeing pictures of her hair, I wanted mine to turn out just like hers. :D
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8f/fb/be/8ffbbee5dbd62b1b56bcb1a951cca771.jpg
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/57/79/1d/57791dae5ff09e7921cad8a14cc7f611.jpg
http://images.fashionmodeldirectory.com/model/000000150752-ruslana_korshunova-fit.jpg

The longer it gets, the blonder it is, if you let the sun get to it. My hair is golden and reddish in the sunlight. It actually sparkles, even though it is (now :( ) dark blond.
This is true! With length it does lighten, and different sorts of lighting and colors can really affect this type of hair I think. My hair is the same exact way! It also likes to sparkle with gold and strawberry tinges in certain lighti

Mimha
May 18th, 2016, 04:37 AM
Hi Paleo,

First of all, welcome to LHC ! :flower:

Second... how may I say... any hair color is beautiful !! :) Hair color is so very personal : it depends of your genes, of your care, of your life, of your environment (climate : dry or wet, sunny or less sunny, pollution rate, etc.). It's hardly possible to have a perfect hair twin. Especially among the blonde-brown-red range of hair types, where the diversity of nuances and textures is so wide and fantastic. Who said dark blonde is not beautiful enough to be what it is ?? Just look how many people around the world are ready to destroy their own head of hair with heat and bleach in hope to get what you have : a wonderful silky changing color that lights up in gold or copper in the sun and vanishes into some dark mysterious anthracite in the night. Isn't this magical ? :) :)

Go have a look to the blonette thread : there are so many stupendous natural heads of totally thudworthy dark blonde / light ashy brown there, whatever the name of their hair color.

Why do I say all this ? Because I think that you can't be happier than when you embrace fully what/who/how you are, as a unique and genuine person. And this can only happen when you become able to truly see the beauty in it. You can give your hair a style by cutting it as you please or let it grow wild. But who said you should perm, straighten, dye or bleach it because it is not good enough as it is ?? Perm, straighten, dye or bleach if you like it, not because of some stupid common belief or social convention.

lapushka
May 18th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Another vote for checking out the blonette thread. Here, I'll link it for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80416

SparrowWings
May 18th, 2016, 05:56 AM
I don't often wear my hair down, but I notice my hair appears much lighter when I wear it down, and that's when people compliment the color.
I have noticed this as well.

I also noticed that it returned to a proper dark blonde that I once again love after I chelated for the first time ever. It had been some nondescript, unclear "is it light brown?" shade prior to that. If you have hard water and don't chelate much either, that might be something to try. Otherwise, do what makes you happy, as others have already said. If that means coloring, go for it. :) If it means looking through threads and deciding you like what you can expect, that's good too!

Ligeia Noire
May 18th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I think that dark blonde can be such a beautiful color. When my hair first transitioned from light to darker through my teens, at first I hated it. I thought my hair was dull and lifeless in color, but it slowly grew on me. My greatest inspiration for hair color was seeing Ruslana Korshunova's hair, and how gorgeous it was. After seeing pictures of her hair, I wanted mine to turn out just like hers. :D
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8f/fb/be/8ffbbee5dbd62b1b56bcb1a951cca771.jpg
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/57/79/1d/57791dae5ff09e7921cad8a14cc7f611.jpg
http://images.fashionmodeldirectory.com/model/000000150752-ruslana_korshunova-fit.jpg

This is true! With length it does lighten, and different sorts of lighting and colors can really affect this type of hair I think. My hair is the same exact way! It also likes to sparkle with gold and strawberry tinges in certain lighti

Did you know Ruslana committed suicide by jumping from her apartment;s window? Weird thing was that her hair was chopped off and her mom and bf all say she would never do such a thing. Sad ending she had, such a beautiful girl and hair.

Groovy Granny
May 18th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Did you know Ruslana committed suicide by jumping from her apartment;s window? Weird thing was that her hair was chopped off and her mom and bf all say she would never do such a thing. Sad ending she had, such a beautiful girl and hair.

:cry: So beautiful ~ so sad; what a tragedy!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/ruslana-korshunova-victim-new-russia-book-article-1.2012580

I was a very fair blonde baby and grew darker as I hit my 30's, but always had lighter highlights from the sun.

My hair was colored blonde for almost 15 years until it was damaged by a stylist and I had to chop off a foot and return to my root color at age 49.
I was much darker by then and had some red highlights; no one believed I was that dark and were shocked to see me walk in with a SL bob to boot from a light blonde at WL+ lol.

Now I am silvering and have all kinds of high/low lights in the dark hair I have left in the back underneath.

You can't beat your natural color ~ wear it with pride :cheer:

SparrowWings
May 18th, 2016, 02:55 PM
...lighter highlights from the sun...
That reminds me! Paleo, if you don't know how to french braid, that is a skill which might help you enjoy your hair color, as well. I don't know about your hair, but mine has a bunch of highlights, especially in the summer. Sadly, they aren't very noticeable if my hair is simply pulled back (ponytail, bun, or basic braid), but as soon as I french braid it, the criss-crossing of the pieces make those highlights really pop! The closer to my forehead I start the braid, and the more and smaller the pieces I add, the more dramatic it is, as well. I don't dislike my hair color normally, but when it's french braided like that, I absolutely love it.

Vanilla
May 18th, 2016, 05:03 PM
See my signature :). I have dark blonde hair, and I'm at TBL.

vampyyri
May 18th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Look at my signature, I grew our bleached blonde hair!

Ingrid
May 18th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Some people will call it blonde, others will call it brown. My mum has always maintained my hair is "black" because it's not super-light-towhead-blonde.