PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else had a growth stall?

Idreamlong
May 15th, 2016, 12:02 PM
The past few months, I'd say from Feb- present, my hair honestly has hardly grown at all. I am growing out bleach on my top layer of hair so obviously I can see the growth and I really have had quite a stall.

I'm hoping now Spring/ summer is here and the weather is warmer it will pick up. Has anyone else had a stall lately?

Obsidian
May 16th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Yes, I'm stalling right now. Generally I grow at least 1/2" a month, sometimes more. Now I'm getting 1/4" a month on most of my head, the sides are growing a bit more which is helping my sides catch up with the back but I hope it gets back to normal soon.

Shepherdess
May 16th, 2016, 03:15 PM
I think I might be going through some major stalls the past few years too. I notice that when I first started my hair journey, I had some amazing growth, though a few years ago after going through horrible stress, I had some major sheds that made my hair a lot thinner, and after that I have had some periodic long stalls in growth, or at least in length (I have gained most of my thickness back again, so I may have had some unnoticed growth there). I haven't gained any length since September 2015 since last I checked, and I have been staying at about 47". I think hormones and health might have affected my shedding and caused the stall in growth. I am currently working on adding more hair healthy foods to my diet, exercise, and I ordered some biotin supplements that I hope to take and see if that helps. I hope that this summer will be better for you too! Having long stalls like that in growth can be so depressing sometimes. :grouphug:

Have you been going through any changes in your life this year, or doing anything differently than normal?

Sarahlabyrinth
May 16th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Every now and again my hair stops growing for a month or two. Then it remembers that it is supposed to be growing.

Simsy
May 17th, 2016, 12:13 AM
I would say yes, but I suspect at least part of the current stall is curl shrinkage. That said, I will sit at one length for months at a time, not going anywhere; then suddenly gain an inch or 2 almost overnight. It is very annoying sometimes.

DarkChocolate
May 17th, 2016, 10:52 AM
I had a stall for a few years.

trolleypup
May 18th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Years at 53"

mira-chan
May 18th, 2016, 08:37 PM
I had a year long stall a bit before classic a few years ago. It stalled for a couple of months this fall/winter as well.

Stepo_NiNha
May 19th, 2016, 05:37 AM
Sometimes it just happens and it's not only because of breakage, there are a lot of things.

You'll notice that in some months your hair just "rests" after a growth spurt. It happens to me from April to June due to seasonal shedding. My hair grows like crazy in winter months and during spring it seems that it's just not growing (frustrating);

Your hair might start curling more at the ends at a certain length, too.