PDA

View Full Version : Made a Madora salon appointment!

hobbitlocks
May 14th, 2016, 02:33 PM
I'm presenting at a conference in New York at the beginning of June, and because of the way the flights work out I'll have pretty much a full extra day in NYC. I haven't had a trim since last September so I thought it would be a fun treat for myself. I'm mostly excited, but after calling to make the appointment I have a few questions for people who have been there before.

On the phone she mentioned they don't do layers. That's fine with me, but I do have some old layers still in my hair. I told the woman on the phone that and she said that they recommend one length and could cut it back to one length (or something like that). I should have said something in the moment, but now I'm a bit worried- that would probably take me from almost hip to BSL. I don't want to lose that much length. Will I be able to say that to the stylist?

She also told me to come in with my hair clean and as smooth as possible. Do you think that means they're not going to wash my hair and such? The washing and the treatment and the roller dryer were part of the appeal for me, especially after a red eye flight the night before! Plus if they washed my hair I could get away with not packing s&c ;)

I probably should just call back and ask but I thought some of y'all might know. I think some of this is my general anxiety about hair cuts (which I know y'all understand)! Thank you!

lapushka
May 14th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure they won't be cutting all the layers out - be very specific that you don't want much length cut off! I'm sure they will be all right with leaving layers in the hair (just not cutting them in themselves).

I think they will be washing your hair! That's part of the experience.