PDA

View Full Version : Waist Length Hair Question

Madeleine13
May 14th, 2016, 12:56 PM
My hair is nearly at waist length at the back of my hair but I was just wondering how long it would have to be to be that long at the front also. It's great that it is nearly at waist at the back but I wish it was waist length at the front as well.

spidermom
May 14th, 2016, 01:02 PM
How could we know? You don't mention what type of hem you have, and the answer depends on whether your hair is blunt across the back, shallow U, steep U, V, or fairy tale.

Phanaferous
May 14th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Depends on your body shape, too. For example, if you are large-breasted, your hair as it hangs down in front of your shoulders has more distance to travel over to reach waist. (You'll see the opposite from hip to classic as your hair behind you now has to travel farther over your rump compared to how it looks in front). Make sense?

If you have a measuring tape you can estimate the inches needed and multiple by 2 (assuming average growth rate of 0.5 inch per month) to get the number of months needed to reach that goal.

Groovy Granny
May 14th, 2016, 01:10 PM
It also depends on torso length and body build too.
I have a short torso and a U hemline and am at Hip.....but in front I am only@ BSL (going around my 'girls' lol)
It is frustrating that it looks shorter in front :p

Nique1202
May 14th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Pull your hair forward over your shoulders. Put a soft measuring tape or a piece of string from the longest ends down toward your waist. Measure how far it is from looking like it hits your waist. That's how long it has to be.

Unfortunately we have no way of telling you from here, you're in the best position to judge. :shrug:

HappyHair87
May 14th, 2016, 01:30 PM
OMG this is me too! :lol:

I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I always see girls on YouTube with Hip Length hair but it covers their boobs and reaches their bellybutton.

But then I wonder if they're actually TBL or Classic bc they always show their length from the front.

@GroovyGranny lol

Groovy Granny
May 14th, 2016, 01:40 PM
OMG this is me too! :lol:

I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I always see girls on YouTube with Hip Length hair but it covers their boobs and reaches their bellybutton.

But then I wonder if they're actually TBL or Classic bc they always show their length from the front.

@GroovyGranny lol

LOL :o

At 65...my girls have had a long journey :p

I can't say more as we're in mixed company :o :eyebrows:

Stepo_NiNha
May 14th, 2016, 03:51 PM
For me its always a boob problem :)
Your hair may look like waist length in the front when you're between waist and hip (but more on the hip side), i.e belly button or one inch above. But it also depends on your body shape

Madeleine13
May 14th, 2016, 04:37 PM
I guess you're all right lol I should have thought this question through more before I asked it :oops:

Madeleine13
May 14th, 2016, 04:41 PM
It also depends on torso length and body build too.
I have a short torso and a U hemline and am at Hip.....but in front I am only@ BSL (going around my 'girls' lol)
It is frustrating that it looks shorter in front :p

It really is :(

Cg
May 14th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Aha! The one and only advantage of a body built like a rake handle.

HappyHair87
May 14th, 2016, 09:51 PM
LOL :o

At 65...my girls have had a long journey :p

I can't say more as we're in mixed company :o :eyebrows:

LOLOLOLOLOL!! :lol: :o

Groovy Granny
May 14th, 2016, 09:53 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL!! :lol: :o

LOL :o you get it :wink:

spirals
May 15th, 2016, 12:30 AM
My mom says her bra size is 42 long. Anyway, that's really the biggest hurdle: the boobage. Also I thought if I grew my hair out I could cover myself in the front. Yeah...no.

Wusel
May 15th, 2016, 07:01 AM
So... for the first time in my life I see something positive in having the TINIEST boobs... My hair looks almost the same length from back and front. In the back I'm BSL+ and in the front I can pull it over my "boobs" down to the bra strap.

spirals
May 15th, 2016, 09:50 AM
So... for the first time in my life I see something positive in having the TINIEST boobs... There are other advantages, trust me. :)

Wusel
May 15th, 2016, 10:05 AM
There are other advantages, trust me. :)

The other one I notice now is, they're not saggy. Even at 40+. There is nothing heavy to sag, so... But I'm not sure. Sometimes I think I'd prefer something big and saggy than spending tons of money on padded push-up-bras because every piece of clothing looks... empty.

vampyyri
May 15th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I usually pull my hair forward when it's down, but thanks to... well, boobage, my hair falls about two inches below my bust and doesn't reach my waist in the front. The struggle is real :wail:

Wusel
May 15th, 2016, 10:32 AM
boobage

If Dear God said "I give you boobage, if you chop off your hair to a pixie" I'd do it. Hair grows. My boobs don't.

Cg
May 15th, 2016, 10:34 AM
If Dear God said "I give you boobage, if you chop off your hair to a pixie" I'd do it. Hair grows. My boobs don't.

You are beautiful anyway.

Wusel
May 15th, 2016, 10:39 AM
You are beautiful anyway.

Thank you. :)

Anya15
May 15th, 2016, 11:08 AM
I have small boobs too, Wusel, and I have a love-hate relationship with them.

fiğrildi
May 15th, 2016, 11:21 AM

Lol, I would never change hair for boobage! :wigtongue

HappyHair87
May 15th, 2016, 09:32 PM

I'm laughing while imagining God saying the word "boobage" :lol: :o

Lord! Lol

Horrorpops
May 16th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Hahaha, I think it's so true we always want what we don't have! I've always been envious of the perkiness of my smaller-breasted friends, and they can go bra-less in a dress and it looks awesome too! I also never see them 'hoisting' strapless bra's etc up endlessly throughout a night out. :o Wusel I think there are a ton of perks (literally ;D) Not to mention not needing an industrial strength sports bra for any activity involving jumping. :laugh:

To stay on topic, I'm at waist and my hair is just covering my nips from the front.. So I estimate it'll probably have to be hip to appear waist length at the front. :)

Mademoiselle
May 16th, 2016, 07:14 AM
I thought that no one else cares about this, here we all have the same thoughts hair lol my hair looks much shorter in front and that frustrates me!It looks like it will never fully cover my chest :horse::horse:

Stepo_NiNha
May 16th, 2016, 07:20 AM
The word boobage is just so... funny :happydance:

lapis_lazuli
May 16th, 2016, 10:43 AM
So... for the first time in my life I see something positive in having the TINIEST boobs... My hair looks almost the same length from back and front. In the back I'm BSL+ and in the front I can pull it over my "boobs" down to the bra strap.

Haha! I'm right there with you, Wusel. I never realized this before either :p My hair is also the same length, front and back. I am flat as a board :laugh:

Cg
May 16th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Haha! I'm right there with you, Wusel. I never realized this before either :p My hair is also the same length, front and back. I am flat as a board :laugh:

Welcome to the IBTC.

Anya15
May 16th, 2016, 12:08 PM
IBTC?

My longest layers (at the nape) are almost waist when pulled straight, but in front they reach up to just under my boobs (but they have to go over my shoulder to do that so that's probably it. If my hair was all one length I am pretty sure it would be the same length front and back :lol:

spirals
May 16th, 2016, 07:10 PM
IBTC?

Itty Bitty Titty Committee

Lavendersugar
May 16th, 2016, 09:34 PM
I thought that no one else cares about this, here we all have the same thoughts hair lol my hair looks much shorter in front and that frustrates me!It looks like it will never fully cover my chest :horse::horse:

Yes!!! Why!!! Why!!!!

And if anyone wants 1/2 of my boobage they are welcome to it!! I'm with the hair over boobs party.

Anya15
May 16th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Itty Bitty Titty Committee

:lol: I am so totally part of this.

spirals
May 17th, 2016, 08:19 PM
:lol: I am so totally part of this.

I used to be. And then something sort of..just happened. In my early 20s. They appeared out of almost nowhere. :surprise: